What's new

Russia blocks RD-93 to Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if MRCA is split between Mig-35 and or F-18 ?

A very good question indeed, India could play a smart game here by choosing two different platform to make both ends meet. But again, in this case Russia will loose some $$$ may be half of it.:rolleyes:

A very good question indeed, India could play a smart game here by choosing two different platform to make both ends meet. But again, in this case Russia will loose some $$$ may be half of it.:rolleyes:

there is a point in this one but then the mrca fleet will be half russian and half american & i dont think this will go well with the stratagy of the IAF coz it,s like making the ability of the mrc as a force queit complicated unless it is divided into two sections.

Also remember if India doesn't choose Russians for the MRCA, this would be an open and shut case in the favor of Pak.

Without the MRCA Current Indian and Russian Deals are worth more than $15 billion dollars, how can it even be compared to an engine deal is beyond me...

Dude ur not getting the point, ur are thinking far away, just thinking from ur own perspective.

I repeat again, it is said by many members in this thread and iam sayin it again, without Pakistan the thunder program is nothing. It can't work without Pakistan, it was Pakistan's idea to re-start the project, it was Pakistan who has invested half of the project, not any other country, it was pakistani pilots who evaluated the system, performed different tests along with chinese experts. It is Pakistan, who is going to induct most the jets into its inventory. Forget the engines:rolleyes: , the programs is not gonna end here just because of a damn engine. Learn to accept that!!!:P

By the way only 42 days left for :GUNS: JF-17 to thunder:partay:

I know stalling the engines WILL NOT STOP THE JF-17 PROGRAM!!!!!
All im saying is that China could still market it to other countries. Pakistan will get JF-17 with some other engine porbably. Its far better for India to see Pakistan armed with JF-17's rather than have some other fighter like J-10 forming the backbone of PAF.

I know stalling the engines WILL NOT STOP THE JF-17 PROGRAM!!!!!
All im saying is that China could still market it to other countries. Pakistan will get JF-17 with some other engine porbably. Its far better for India to see Pakistan armed with JF-17's rather than have some other fighter like J-10 forming the backbone of PAF.

Thanks you accept that::angel:
I think the other countries are not gonna care about the engines, they probably will be after the avionics, BVR and SD-10, its PAF that wants everything to perfection, which they are well known for.

Hard to say and imagine that J-10 will become the backbone as the thunder program reaches to its completion.:rolleyes:

150 JF-17, i dont think J-10 will be significant in numbers. You have to see, its not that J-10 is a very god like platform that should be a cause for worry, its that relatively J-10 is a better plane than JF-17. Now say if JF-17 does not go through, and PAF decides to go with 150 J-10's. Not that they are some heavenly planes, but RELATIVELY they will have better planes. Cuz PAF already has F-16''s as its most potent platform. See what i mean?

Its better for India to see JF-17 in good numbers. In any case, the engines thing would just delay the program for some years, and i think that is what the govt wants.

And melb its insulting to other countries who buy JF-17 to say that they wont care for the engines. Every Airforce wants a potent plane to the max of its abilities, its not only PAF that desires that. Every Airforce will care about the engine that goes in it, but the thing is, all other nations will get RD-93 engines.

And melb its insulting to other countries who buy JF-17 to say that they wont care for the engines. Every Airforce wants a potent plane to the max of its abilities, its not only PAF that desires that. Every Airforce will care about the engine that goes in it, but the thing is, all other nations will get RD-93 engines.

I am not insulting other nations, thats what they are after "better avionics", its ur own imagination, plus i dont doubt PAF selection, they will select the best engine for the aircraft and thats what the other nations will get. RD-93 is out of question its Pakistan and china's decision with what engine the aircraft to offer.

I am not insulting other nations, thats what they are after "better avionics", its ur own imagination, plus i dont doubt PAF selection, they will select the best engine for the aircraft and thats what the other nations will get. RD-93 is out of question its Pakistan and china's decision with what engine the aircraft to offer.

They will select the best engine that they get, but take any other country to whom Russia can sell the engines, when they buy the plane, wont they get RD-33 engines? Since Russia can sell to them, why wont they get the RD engines? China wont change the engines for every country unless it is her own engine.

They will select the best engine that they get, but take any other country to whom Russia can sell the engines, when they buy the plane, wont they get RD-33 engines? Since Russia can sell to them, why wont they get the RD engines? China wont change the engines for every country unless it is her own engine.

RD-93.....not RD-33

Use ur imagination man, Either RD-93 or WS-13 both can be installed.

Well can you all forget that the 126-200 MRCA deal is not the only deal that India has to offer. the netire fleet mostly would go to the Migs.

India is looking at the following from US

1.6 C-130J for special forces
2. 8-10 the P-8I
3. Aegis ship board misile systems

150 JF-17, i dont think J-10 will be significant in numbers. You have to see, its not that J-10 is a very god like platform that should be a cause for worry, its that relatively J-10 is a better plane than JF-17. Now say if JF-17 does not go through, and PAF decides to go with 150 J-10's. Not that they are some heavenly planes, but RELATIVELY they will have better planes. Cuz PAF already has F-16''s as its most potent platform. See what i mean?

Its better for India to see JF-17 in good numbers. In any case, the engines thing would just delay the program for some years, and i think that is what the govt wants.

Russia is avoiding to totally refuse to sell engines to Pakistan. I believe they have called for an end of agreement to supply RD-93 engines to the third world countries, as Russia also sees JF-17 grabbing most of the fighter aircraft market for the third world countries. Majority of countries in the world have to replace F-7s (MIG-21s), Mirages and so on.

why hasnt the Pakistani Air Force made a big fuss about this?

I mean, the JF-17 was the Pakistani Air Force's trump card and now that Russia has screwed it up, aren't they worried?

I mean this plane was suppose to fly during the March 23rd Pakistan Day Parade, is that still on?

I mean this plane was suppose to fly during the March 23rd Pakistan Day Parade, is that still on?

as far as we know everything is going to go ahead as planned, but i guess we'll just have to wait and see until the actual day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom