What's new

Russia against developing military ties with Pakistan

Well Russia is a good Country. If not for their engine our PAF would be in a very very very deep trouble.

In future we can expect cooperation as India gets Closer to US. But even then the ties wouldn't get much further. Russia is all money which unfortunately Pakistan does not have.

We can workaround for acute problems by developing triangular cooperation in large-scale joint projects. I can cite an example of such cooperation between Russia, North and South Korea in the construction of the transcontinental railway linking Europe and Asia.

Joint ventures are the best weapon against the forces who seek to plunge the entire region into chaos.

Just a political move to close the deal for Mig29 sale MRCA contract for India - ....

Putin knows best man of suprises

Russians has eye on Afghanistan with Indian and Iranian help , so why would they help a country which west can use to stop them.

Did we ask the Russian's for any military ties?? I dont remember Pak ever emphasized to establish military ties with Russia. Putin's statement is childish given the above reasons. Its just like the US saying we dont want any reconciliation with Taliban when infact they are really looking forward to it... on the whole why shd we even be bothered abt it when we are already getting US and China's help!?

OK Mr. Putin. Don't develop ties with us.. like we wont get deals from other countries.... and as far as my Indian friends are concerned.. you have a reason to be happy.. celebrate!! but still u will get sleepless nights.. face it Pak is and will always be a threat regardless whoever is on your side... End off.

just one example is enough man if you buy from russia also same russia sold tons of staff to china which is your major hostile as per you.so why not they care chines jets which the sold to china will used against india?? its busness 2bn$ air craft carerr if some one wanna stop sale to india pay it 4 or 5 bn they will sold to china same air craft carerr:lol:.we are living in worldif we have money we first visit russia rearrage tiyes and invite them here in text trip we can sign what we wanna buy.as per i think russia will run with pakistan if deals go to 10bn$.its matter of money money money.:)

Imran sir, though I agree with you that money matters but then it will be very difficult for Russians to forget what happened in Afghanistan and its after effects. Also they burnt their fingers with Chineese in the very near past. Russians will be very wary of going for any major deal with either Pakistan or China until unless India do a complete turn around and say no to all purchases from them. Small and minor sales will keep having as long as they are not a threat to the partener nation.

Cynic

The average Indian would decribe CHINA AS A THREAT but Pakistan as a NUISANCE... rather than an actual threat.

You see

China can invade India

Dominate the indian Ocean

Dominate Asian Economy

Carries more international clout than india.

China can intimidate India at all LEVELS.

pakistan cannot do ANY OF THESE THINGS

Imran sir, though I agree with you that money matters but then it will be very difficult for Russians to forget what happened in Afghanistan and its after effects. Also they burnt their fingers with Chineese in the very near past. Russians will be very wary of going for any major deal with either Pakistan or China until unless India do a complete turn around and say no to all purchases from them. Small and minor sales will keep having as long as they are not a threat to the partener nation.

OK BROTHER WHAT YOU SAY ABUT RD-93 ? PUTIN HIMSELF SIGN THIS DEAL AND ITS OUR BACKBONE DEAL?

OK BROTHER WHAT YOU SAY ABUT RD-93 ? PUTIN HIMSELF SIGN THIS DEAL AND ITS OUR BACKBONE DEAL?

Imran sir, first thing that deal happened in 2007 when India and Russia had minor strains in the reltions over issue of Gorshkov deal. Second if the engines were not supplied that could have resulted in Pakistan going for more capable fighter like Eurofighter. JF 17 served the bill better for India than Eurofighter as an option. so deal went through..

I am not against Russia selling its weapons to Pakistan but my point was that Russia will keep in mind other factors as well. As it is said that one should learn a lesson learnt in the past.

Cynic

The average Indian would decribe CHINA AS A THREAT but Pakistan as a NUISANCE... rather than an actual threat.

You see

China can invade India

Dominate the indian Ocean

Dominate Asian Economy

Carries more international clout than india.

China can intimidate India at all LEVELS.

pakistan cannot do ANY OF THESE THINGS

ahum ahum ... and we can blow India up in smoke too u know..... India aint Israel and vr not palestine... wake up and realise that fact.. I repeat .. PAK IS A THREAT!! now come and bite my *** Mr. AVERAGE INDIAN.. hurry!! :flame:

ahum ahum ... and we can blow India up in smoke too u know..... India aint Israel and vr not palestine... wake up and realise that fact.. I repeat .. PAK IS A THREAT!! now come and bite my *** Mr. AVERAGE INDIAN.. hurry!! :flame:

:rofl: i coundnt stop laughing. you are requesting someone to consider yourself also a threat........

Nooooo we are also a threat. :D Are bhai it is upto what we consider a threat what not. it is upto the part of defense doctrines,

Imran sir, first thing that deal happened in 2007 when India and Russia had minor strains in the reltions over issue of Gorshkov deal. Second if the engines were not supplied that could have resulted in Pakistan going for more capable fighter like Eurofighter. JF 17 served the bill better for India than Eurofighter as an option. so deal went through..

I am not against Russia selling its weapons to Pakistan but my point was that Russia will keep in mind other factors as well. As it is said that one should learn a lesson learnt in the past.

What about maintenance parts and spares for the engines. Shouldn’t this be a concern for Pakistan as we ourselves have trouble getting parts from Russia or will China supply Pakistan with spares for the engines?

Russians has eye on Afghanistan with Indian and Iranian help , so why would they help a country which west can use to stop them.

Actually a Russian influence in Afg may not be a bad idea.

1. US gets out
2. Taliban cant take over
3. Its not the old USSR who wants to colonize Afg so USA may not be too wooried
4. MOre acceptable to the neighbours with an exception of Pakistan

The challenge though is the old gory memories of the earlier soviet occupation of afg. But in my view that image is already blurred and impact blunter by the nasty and ruthless rule of taliban and the insuing war since 2001.

Actually a Russian influence in Afg may not be a bad idea.

1. US gets out
2. Taliban cant take over
3. Its not the old USSR who wants to colonize Afg so USA may not be too wooried
4. MOre acceptable to the neighbours with an exception of Pakistan

The challenge though is the old gory memories of the earlier soviet occupation of afg. But in my view that image is already blurred and impact blunter by the nasty and ruthless rule of taliban and the insuing war since 2001.

Except point #2 I agree with the above. However, what India needs is an Afghan regime either friendly to itself or not too friendly to Pakistan or both.India doesnt need or want direct involvement and it should not get too worked up about the current situation....

Getting Russia involved will fester this problem(as it will be seen as anti-US by US and even Afghans might not like it).....Best is if China comes into play and India can play off China against US-Pak rather than US playing India against Pak-China for its own gains and China using Pak against India....

Food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom