What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
My challenge with his posts - if you take even any novel you can find some corelation to reality. A lot of it is just peddling of rumours; from F-16s, to J's to Su and god knows where reality and fantasy lies.
Any institution with a leaker like him would come down with a serious court martial and put him behind bars; hence i suggest people take it for what it is - just a rumour.

Sir, I am following Khafee on another forum may be many professionals have differences with him but the secrecy regulations of Pak do not apply on him. Further one should have gut feeling and many of his claims if not proven true so far neither proven wrong. F16 Block V, C130J and AH1z. The professionals cannot declare a deal or delivery till it is not made public.

Gentlemen.
Can we please use the normal language of the board which is English rather than roman Urdu. It is used sometimes but should not be allowed as per rules.
A

My personal opinion is that currently US is in no position to provide freebies to anyone. They have a history of reneging on their promises and eating everyone's resources and money. Why would they release money at a juncture when they are facing financial pressures. I would understand long term loans as per normal practice but not released CSF. UNLESS some one is financing this whole deal which seems unlikely but cannot be ruled out entirely.
A
On the contrary, US is printing money and will want to manufacture as much to keep americans employed.
They are already talking about a 2-3 trillion dollar followup economic relief plan fr companies and average joe.
CSF is not freebie BTW, it is monies for services rendered.
https://insidedefense.com/daily-new...b-contract-sell-allies-commoditized-f-16-jets

That is what is confusing me. Our existing F-16s use P&W F100 engines right?
Hypothetically speaking, WHY would be go for F-16 Blk 70 and get these with F110 GE engines in limited number. Wont that create the logistical and infrastructure/maintenance nightmare that you mentioned above? What could be the thinking behind this? When i believe the option of Block 72 with similar Pratt & Whitney F100 engines is available. This will just be way to expensive to maintain and is it really worth the 10-15% improved performance of GE engines?

The US Gov. has signed a $62B contract with LM to build an undisclosed amount of F16 for allied countries. The customer for LM is US Gov. Who will then supply its allies via FMS/FMF. The platform will be common vis a vis radar, EW package etc with no individual country customization. GE is the sole engine provider for the deal. Morocco & Taiwan are the only 2 countries that have been identified so far, but 62B for a standardized platform could amount to 300+ air frames

https://insidedefense.com/daily-new...b-contract-sell-allies-commoditized-f-16-jets

52nd squadron was raised due to a different reason.

180's crash had a major contribution to it since the instructor pilot was found to be 'double currency' as in he flew both CASA's and C-130's with 6 sqn.

Hence, 52 sqn was made and pilots were barred from flying both typess at the same time.

Can you elaborate on this? Which crash are you referring to?

Not when the Americans are involved because they have to notify quite a few before giving military aid/hardware to someone,not saying you're wrong but for the time being it's a tall claim without any proof.

If the newest version of F.16's ar ever to be bought by Pakistan they would be with the PW.229 motor,doesn't make sense to go for a GE motor when the rest of your fleet is having a Pw motor.
GE version is cheaper, standardized and better..so odds will be if the order is big(18+) PAF might for block 70

Can you elaborate on this? Which crash are you referring to?

C-130 #180 overran the runway and was written off

http://www.c-130.net/aircraft-database/C-130/airframe-profile/7081/

The aircraft belonged to TCS and had an instructor and a student on board. The instructor routinely piloted CN-235's aswell since both the aircraft were in 6 Sqn.

The following were the findings I posted earlier

C-130 #4180 incident on November 8th, 2018

Folks, the incident report is an internal document hence cannot be posted here. (and also because its the long one)

I would, however, post (in my own words) declassified core details and causes of the accident in layman terms.

The maximum torque produced by each engine is around 19600lb

On approach, the torque is leveled down to 3500lb 3500lb 3500lb 3500lb (for all 4 engines)

Upon touch down, the aircraft is idled at 1000lb 1000lb 1000lb 1000lb

Upon slowing down below 115 knots, reverse thrusters are engaged to produce NEGATIVE -3500lb -3500lb -3500lb -3500lb

However, there is a phenomenon called 'Pitch Lock'. The blade angle of the propeller is locked and hence torque remains high.

The engine No.1 of C-130 produces the most torque due to some design characteristics of the aircraft.

The engine No. 1 of the C-130 was pitch locked, leading to the rise in torque at +5500, while the rest of the engines were at -3500. This forced the aircraft to wear off the runway due to the induced force produced by this effect.

Pitch locks happen sometimes, but they are the most difficult to recover from once the aircraft engages reverse thrusters.

And just for the sake of information, can someone please guide me on this? @airomerix @Blacklight @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 ??

A wise suggestion. If the professionals and serving people are being quite on this and denying any Viper's landing OR anything about new F-16s, the forum members are not in a better position to know more than them and decide on sharing this information on public forums.
I wont pretend to be someone that i am not and I can sincerely say I am an enthusiast rather than a military professional. So my talk can be taken with a pinch or a BUCKET LOAD OF SALT DEPENDING ON THE DEGRADATION OF ONE'S TASTE BUDS.
The explanation tendered is that the deal involves not just the 70s but older 40s. with 40 odd planes PAF will set up infrastructure for the GE engines and it may become cost effective. The problem remains the 3000 pounds of additional thrust that the GE engine provides. UAE being a user might make things easier for us from the spares perspective. The drawback of the PW engine is the lower thrust which might impact on the performance of the platforms.
I understand the headaches involved and wanted to know whether the PAF has ever maintained 2 platforms with dissimilar engines.
Only C-130 crash I remember is his. Apologies.
Was Mushaf Mir's crash also a C130?
A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom