What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got question why DOD and PAF won't Made it public?? Any reason for it??
They never do untill its arrived sometime even than they dont..mostly because of local back lash on defense spending ..
Pakistan and india spend around the same with respect to budget percentage (india spend less with respect to gdp) on defense but not one voice is heard against it even though given india geography it really doesnt need to..china isnt threat given boarder geography and pakistan is minnow..yet we hear no objections there but screams over in pakistan where you have two countries that dont even accept pakistan current boarders and have gone on offensive to do so

Kaha tak punche C130??
Maybe they stopped for a connecting flight?

There was never a ban from the US. If we paid cash for the hardware, it was available.
Pakistan wanted to fund all these purchase with CSF, which the US had frozen for "lack of meaningful cooperation" from Pakistan.
It seems that posture from the US is changing post Taliban deal.

Until the issue of CSF is settle, all this talk of Pakistan acquiring this or that is moot. Getting CSF won't be the hard part, but how much Pakistan will receive is the trick question. I'm sure Pakistan has a figure in mind, but so does the US. It will be interesting what figure both sides land on.

Okay, I got another Question...

Whats the point to make it public after all Deliveries have been made?

Then its already public knowledge - before its Official.

Assets of defense forces highlight deterrence. Hence, such information is usually made public upon arrival. People are invited to the ceremony who are related to the purchase such as Ambassadors, defense attache's etc. It is broadcasted to show that 'look, we have these weapons now'

You and those idiots who liked your posts, must be a sad day, another Professional just validated him. How sad :D

@airomerix Pls check Tps43's post above.

It's the talk of the town at Chakala. I can't get hold of anyone in plans division to verify to nullify this. Something is happening.

Until the issue of CSF is settle, all this talk of Pakistan acquiring this or that is moot. Getting CSF won't be the hard part, but how much Pakistan will receive is the trick question. I'm sure Pakistan has a figure in mind, but so does the US. It will be interesting what figure both sides land on.
$12B is Pakistan's number....

Donald Trump is expected to release money? The person who is threatening to cut off NATO will release money to a country that his closest advisers are against?

Stranger things have happened in this Trump presidency.

chalo hum tu wait kerte rahen gay :D
bhai yeh AH-Z1 ka kia chakker laga hua hai ? open forum pe disclose nai ker sakte tu FB pe message hi ker do :P pait mai rakh lun ga news ko jab tak official confirmation nai ati :P
Gentlemen.
Can we please use the normal language of the board which is English rather than roman Urdu. It is used sometimes but should not be allowed as per rules.
A

Donald Trump is expected to release money? The person who is threatening to cut off NATO will release money to a country that his closest advisers are against?

Stranger things have happened in this Trump presidency.
My personal opinion is that currently US is in no position to provide freebies to anyone. They have a history of reneging on their promises and eating everyone's resources and money. Why would they release money at a juncture when they are facing financial pressures. I would understand long term loans as per normal practice but not released CSF. UNLESS some one is financing this whole deal which seems unlikely but cannot be ruled out entirely.
A

Last edited:
Gentlemen.
Can we please use the normal language of the board which is english rathwr than roman Urdu. It is used sometimes but should not be allowed as per rules.
A

My personal opinion is that currently US is in no position to provide freebies to anyone. Tyey have a history of reneging on their promises and eating everyone's resources and money. Why would they release money at a juncture when they are facing financial pressures. I would understand long term loans as per normal practice but not released CSF. UNLESS some one is fi ancing this whole deal which seems unlikely but cannot be ruled out entirely.
A

If there is a financier, then the question arises: what are we providing to the financier, and is the cost worth the reward?

That is what is confusing me. Our existing F-16s use P&W F100 engines right?
Hypothetically speaking, WHY would be go for F-16 Blk 70 and get these with F110 GE engines in limited number. Wont that create the logistical and infrastructure/maintenance nightmare that you mentioned above? What could be the thinking behind this? When i believe the option of Block 72 with similar Pratt & Whitney F100 engines is available. This will just be way to expensive to maintain and is it really worth the 10-15% improved performance of GE engines?
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 @araz

And just for the sake of information, can someone please guide me on this? @airomerix @Blacklight @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 ??

A lot is happening, I suggest you keep a tight lid on it, and of the forum. You dont want retards to heckle you again. Let them live in their fantasy worlds.
A wise suggestion. If the professionals and serving people are being quite on this and denying any Viper's landing OR anything about new F-16s, the forum members are not in a better position to know more than them and decide on sharing this information on public forums.

Assets of defense forces highlight deterrence. Hence, such information is usually made public upon arrival. People are invited to the ceremony who are related to the purchase such as Ambassadors, defense attache's etc. It is broadcasted to show that 'look, we have these weapons now'

It's the talk of the town at Chakala. I can't get hold of anyone in plans division to verify to nullify this. Something is happening.

Not when the Americans are involved because they have to notify quite a few before giving military aid/hardware to someone,not saying you're wrong but for the time being it's a tall claim without any proof.

And just for the sake of information, can someone please guide me on this? @airomerix @Blacklight @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 ??

A wise suggestion. If the professionals and serving people are being quite on this and denying any Viper's landing OR anything about new F-16s, the forum members are not in a better position to know more than them and decide on sharing this information on public forums.

If the newest version of F.16's ar ever to be bought by Pakistan they would be with the PW.229 motor,doesn't make sense to go for a GE motor when the rest of your fleet is having a Pw motor.

Any institution with a leaker like him would come down with a serious court martial and put him behind bars; hence i suggest people take it for what it is - just a rumour.
If such was the case, he would never have been given such a post instead already had been court martialed and sent to the gallows without benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom