What's new

Rs 80,000 crore worth defence projects cleared, 6 submarines to be built in India

Why is it 5 times better than American counterpart? I am baffled by learning about its range? 25KM? I mean Seriously for a 1.6 meter long missile? o_O

Pakistan would need to review their doctrine.
NLOS is a helicopter mounted version, so obviously will have greater range.

Please someone clear my doubt....o_O....Whats the difference between Project 75 and Project 75i...:unsure:....We were buying 6 scorpene class submarines from France but now making 6 in India...:meeting:......Are we making 6 more or the 6 scorpenes are to be made in India....I am totally confused....?:close_tema:.............................:suicide2:.........?

1. Project 75 was/is being made in a govt. shipyard.
2. The problem being the govt. shipyard has no accountability, no need to to absorb technology to keep up since they have a captive customer.
3. They have no interest in employee retention especially skilled workers who quit and take up job in the gulf. (welders, fitters etc..)
4. They do not bother to set up and mentor a set of vendors nor do they bother with quality or time or cost.
5. They have ZERO interest in developing the technology further OR even simply absorbing the technology.
6. They have zero interest in negotiating a solid contract leaving it full of loop holes which the foreign OEM exploit for mutual benefit (bribes).

1. Project 75 I is to be made in a PRIVATE Shipyard who has all the necessary motive to take up this opportunity to build more than 6 submarines for the IN.
2. They will be interested in absorbing the technology, retaining their skilled manpower, doing further development on absorbed technology to make money thought upgrades.
3. They will have interest in exporting submarines to other nations to boost their profit.
4. They will work hard to establish a Vendor network and sub vendor network thus developing an ECO SYSTEM that will sustain and promote further research and innovation in submarine technology.
5. They will put in place process and framework and quality standards that will be best in the industry.
6. They will be very particular about Quality, Very particular abotu Cost and most certainly very particular about the time frame for delivering the project.
7. They will be very particular about any Legal and Contract Negotiation and will ensure that there are no loop holes that will make the company suffer any kind of loss.
8. A private company will seek to partner with DRDO or any other organizations that can enhance its building capabilities and will always strive to be world class in the pursuit of more profits.

So in short, EVERYTHING is different this time.

But pleas wait for @sancho to come and tell us that Modi govt. is no different from the UPA and everything they do is for selfish narrow political gains and it will cause HUGE delays in the acquisitions. :lol:

Why India didn't went for kornet e.....it is better than spike right????

And we are going for which version of spike.....mr????

Spike NLOS
"Non Line Of Sight" is an ultra long range version of the weapon with a claimed maximum range of up to 25 km (16 mi). It is larger missile with an overall weight of around 70 kg (154 lb 5 oz) and can be launched from the ground or from helicopters

Just learned Brimstone-II has range upto 60KM. Wao.. never knew anti-tank missiles had such a long range.

Our friendly nation - also possess same range missile which can also be launched through a drone.

CM-502KG
At the 9th Zhuhai Airshow held in November 2012, another light air-to-surface missile designated as CM-502KG made it public debut. CM-502KG has an 11-kg warhead similar in size with that of AR-1, but its maximum range is more than twice that of AR-1, up to 25 km.

Whats your problem troll ?

Don't feed the trolls and just stick to topic please.

Please someone clear my doubt....o_O....Whats the difference between Project 75 and Project 75i...:unsure:....We were buying 6 scorpene class submarines from France but now making 6 in India...:meeting:......Are we making 6 more or the 6 scorpenes are to be made in India....I am totally confused....?:close_tema:.............................:suicide2:.........?

P75I has added the requirements, that the subs MUST have AIP and land attack capability. So DCNS can offer the same Scorpene now with their MESMA AIP and most likely export versions of the naval Scalp that is under development at the moment. Similarly, the Russians offer the Amur class with AIP and Club missiles, the Germans U214 with AIP, not sure what land attack capability they offer though. This part of the procurement is based on IN's requirements and doesn't seem to have changed.
What has changed under the new government though, is the implementation that the subs need to be produced by a privat shipyard. So DCNS would need to team up with a private shipyard to produce an additional lot of 6 Scorpenes, instead of adding them to the already existing production line at Mazogon, IF the Scorpene would win the P75I tender of course.

1. Project 75 was/is being made in a govt. shipyard.
2. The problem being the govt. shipyard has no accountability, no need to to absorb technology to keep up since they have a captive customer.
3. They have no interest in employee retention especially skilled workers who quit and take up job in the gulf. (welders, fitters etc..)
4. They do not bother to set up and mentor a set of vendors nor do they bother with quality or time or cost.
5. They have ZERO interest in developing the technology further OR even simply absorbing the technology.
6. They have zero interest in negotiating a solid contract leaving it full of loop holes which the foreign OEM exploit for mutual benefit (bribes).

1. Project 75 I is to be made in a PRIVATE Shipyard who has all the necessary motive to take up this opportunity to build more than 6 submarines for the IN.
2. They will be interested in absorbing the technology, retaining their skilled manpower, doing further development on absorbed technology to make money thought upgrades.
3. They will have interest in exporting submarines to other nations to boost their profit.
4. They will work hard to establish a Vendor network and sub vendor network thus developing an ECO SYSTEM that will sustain and promote further research and innovation in submarine technology.
5. They will put in place process and framework and quality standards that will be best in the industry.
6. They will be very particular about Quality, Very particular abotu Cost and most certainly very particular about the time frame for delivering the project.
7. They will be very particular about any Legal and Contract Negotiation and will ensure that there are no loop holes that will make the company suffer any kind of loss.
8. A private company will seek to partner with DRDO or any other organizations that can enhance its building capabilities and will always strive to be world class in the pursuit of more profits.

But pleas wait for @sancho to come and tell us that Modi govt. is no different from the UPA and everything they do is for selfish narrow political gains and it will cause HUGE delays in the acquisitions. :lol:

Now thats what I call a damn good analysis. Thumbs up.'

Last edited:
With Spike NLOS = 25 KM range, Pakistan has nothing close to it = India has a devastating standoff advantage over Pakistan...
PA will get HJ10 ATGM in the future, you shall not be so optimistic at the moment.

Let me quote my earlier post:

Submarine deals
P75 deal under former government - licence production of a foreign sub in India at government owned shipyard
P75"I" deal under the new government - licence production of a foreign sub in India at privat shipyard

Rs 80,000 crore worth defence projects cleared, 6 submarines to be built in India | Page 2

That's enough to see that there is only ONE difference!

UPAs "buy and make" policy = licence production in India at government owned or privat company
NDAs "make in India" policy = licence production in India at a privat company

Again only ONE difference!

Let me quote my earlier post:

Rs 80,000 crore worth defence projects cleared, 6 submarines to be built in India | Page 2

That's enough to see that there is only ONE difference!

UPAs "buy and make" policy = licence production in India at government owned or privat company
NDAs "make in India" policy = licence production in India at a privat company

Again only ONE difference!

That ONE difference is the Difference between COMMUNISM and CAPITALIST Democracy.

Thank god for that ONE difference. :disagree:

Last edited:
PA will get HJ10 ATGM in the future, you shall not be so optimistic at the moment.

Please don't bank on the future, because same parameter applies for India, which is ahead of you, if it does manufacture such system with TOT from Israel.

Your post was just a futile exercise that made me smell some jealousy from it for nothing..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom