What's new

Rs 80,000 crore worth defence projects cleared, 6 submarines to be built in India

PA will get HJ10 ATGM in the future, you shall not be so optimistic at the moment.
are you guys going to gift them for free ? :p they don't have budget to buy the amount we are . our each defence clearings are worth twice or more as Pakistan's entire defence budget.

Please don't bank on the future, because same parameter applies for India, which is ahead of you, if it does manufacture such system with TOT from Israel.

Your post was just a futile exercise that made me smell some jealousy from it for nothing..
jealous about India? never.

Err!!

And the range is?

mere 4 KM?

Lol
the claimed 25 km range of a Spike is totally bullshit, either you get the wrong source or you just simply retarded.

are you guys going to gift them for free ? :p they don't have budget to buy the amount we are . our each defence clearings are worth twice or more as Pakistan's entire defence budget.
with every single weapon we sold to Pakistan, you have to spend triple amount to go tit for tat.

Last edited:
Don't feed the trolls and just stick to topic please.

P75I has added the requirements, that the subs MUST have AIP and land attack capability. So DCNS can offer the same Scorpene now with their MESMA AIP and most likely export versions of the naval Scalp that is under development at the moment. Similarly, the Russians offer the Amur class with AIP and Club missiles, the Germans U214 with AIP, not sure what land attack capability they offer though. This part of the procurement is based on IN's requirements and doesn't seem to have changed.
What has changed under the new government though, is the implementation that the subs need to be produced by a privat shipyard. So DCNS would need to team up with a private shipyard to produce an additional lot of 6 Scorpenes, instead of adding them to the already existing production line at Mazogon, IF the Scorpene would win the P75I tender of course.

Still not getting it sir...Can you please simplify....:laugh:....First question, Are we making 6 more or the 6 scorpenes are to be made in India.....
Second question, Whats the difference between these two projects....Please Explain in simple.....:wacko:

jealous about India? never.

the claimed 25 km range of a Spike is totally bullshit, either you get the wrong source or you just simply retarded.

with every single weapon we sold to Pakistan, you have to spend triple amount to go tit for tat.
nice try but didn't laugh . tell me a better joke. >.<

Please someone clear my doubt....o_O....Whats the difference between Project 75 and Project 75i...:unsure:....We were buying 6 scorpene class submarines from France but now making 6 in India...:meeting:......Are we making 6 more or the 6 scorpenes are to be made in India....I am totally confused....?:close_tema:.............................:suicide2:.........?
Project 75 and 75i are two different projects.
Project 75--6 scorpene submarines be built in India.First be deleivered by 2017 and rest 5 each year.
75i-The submarine to be purchased is yet to be decided by IN.

Spike has various versions :

SPIKE-SR : Max range 0.8 km
SPIKE-MR : Max range 2.5 km
SPIKE-LR : Max range 4 km
SPIKE-ER : Max range 8 km
SPIKE-NLOS : Max range 25 km

But you don't need to worry as India is only getting the Spike-SR variant for Special Forces use (0.8km), the requirement
of infantry's ATGMs will be met by Javelin (2.5km) & Nag (4km). While the air-launched duties will be left with HELINA (7-8km)
and a proposed jet-launched version with similar specs as Brimstone (50-60km).

Project 75 and 75i are two different projects.
Project 75--6 scorpene submarines be built in India.First be deleivered by 2017 and rest 5 each year.
75i-The submarine to be purchased is yet to be decided by IN.

Thanks Sir...That's pretty much clear... Ok so, for the Project 75i, IN will decide which submarine to purchase or they will once again choose scorpene...Why IN is not choosing amur class submarine that Russia was offering few days back....?:laugh:

Thanks Sir...That's pretty much clear... Ok so, for the Project 75i, IN will decide which submarine to purchase or they will once again choose scorpene...Why IN is not choosing amur class submarine that Russia was offering few days back....?:laugh:
No sir dude,I am just a simple learner.
I cannot tell which submarine IN will choose but personally i will prefer if IN chooses scorpene again.

Still not getting it sir...Can you please simplify....:laugh:....First question, Are we making 6 more or the 6 scorpenes are to be made in India.....

- the subs always were to be made in India
- yes it will be 6 more
- Scorpene is a contender in the P75I, just as the Russian Amur class, the German U214 or the Spanish S80 subs

Second question, Whats the difference between these two projects....Please Explain in simple.....:wacko:

Initial P75 tender => was for modern diesel electric subs licence produced in India => and we selected the Scorpene as the winner
P75I => adds the requirement that the sub must have an Air Independent Propulsion, as well as land attack capability

So P75 + AIP & land attack capability = P75I

Hope that was simple enough :D

- the subs always were to be made in India
- yes it will be 6 more
- Scorpene is a contender in the P75I, just as the Russian Amur class, the German U214 or the Spanish S80 subs

Initial P75 tender => was for modern diesel electric subs licence produced in India => and we selected the Scorpene as the winner
P75I => adds the requirement that the sub must have an Air Independent Propulsion, as well as land attack capability

So P75 + AIP & land attack capability = P75I

Hope that was simple enough :D

Thanks Sir...Now i understand completely....One more question...What is AIP....o_O

I'm hoping they will select the Scorpene/S80 with AIP in P-75I. It would be bad if they insist on VLS and go for something
like Amur-class which is again entirely different from the subs we're currently building.

The torpedo tube-launched missiles should be more than enough. We can make a version of BrahMos-Mini later on.

Thanks Sir...Now i understand completely....One more question...What is AIP....o_O

Air-independent propulsion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An aditional propulsion system that extends range and endurance of the sub, but more importantly is very quiet and makes the sub hard to detect in AIP mode.

I'm hoping they will select the Scorpene/S80 with AIP in P-75I. It would be bad if they insist on VLS and go for something
like Amur-class which is again entirely different from the subs we're currently building.

The torpedo tube-launched missiles should be more than enough. We can make a version of BrahMos-Mini later on.

They don't insist on VLS, but want tube launched land attack capability. The Amur with Brahmos VLS was only a side offer mainly of Brahmos inc, but that version wouldn't have the space for the AIP anymore and then wouldn't comply to IN's requirements.

Air-independent propulsion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An aditional propulsion system that extends range and endurance of the sub, but more importantly is very quiet and makes the sub hard to detect in AIP mode.

The downside is that it reduces the speed of the submarine drastically - the maximum in usual operating conditions
not exceeding 6-8 knots. An average is around 5-6 knots.

Compare this to the ~20 knots speed of non-AIP submarines (such the Scorpene CM-2000 we're getting).

They don't insist on VLS, but want tube launched land attack capability. The Amur with Brahmos VLS was only a side offer mainly of Brahmos inc, but that version wouldn't have the space for the AIP anymore and then wouldn't comply to IN's requirements.

That's great to know - This means the Scorpene/S80 do stand a very good chance of being selected.

Back
Top Bottom