What's new

Road signs with Muslim names defaced in Delhi Islamisation in India will not be tolerated

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Road signs with Muslim names defaced in Delhi
  • HT Correspondent,Hindustan Times, New Delhi
    |
  • Updated: May 15, 2015 10:41 IST
  • Share0
Signs of roads in the national capital named after Muslim personalities such as Emperor Akbar and Firozshah have been defaced and posters of the right-wing group Shiv Sena Hindustan were pasted on them.

The names on the signs were blackened late on Wednesday. The posters in Hindi read: “Islamisation in India will not be tolerated. Our courage only grows when there are difficulties in our journey. Our need only grows when our path is blocked by someone. Jai Hind! Jai Bharat!”

The names of Shiv Sena Hindustan national president Rajinder Singh and other leaders Charan Singh, Dinesh Kumar and Vinay Sonkar were on the posters.

Rajinder Singhtold The Indian Expressaround 17 members of the group, working in three teams, carried out the “operation” to deface the signs on May 13-14.

He said the group was ready to face action by the police for its “symbolic protest”.

“Let them file a complaint. If the law of the land finds us guilty, we are ready to face the punishment that violating the law entails. We have not caused any real damage. It was a symbolic protest,” he said.

Rajinder Singh said his group had written to former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh a couple of times to protest the naming of roads after Muslims.

“All Hindus look up to a leader like our Prime Minister Narendra Modi. We are hopeful that he will pay some heed to our concerns,” he said.

Sonkar described the group as a splinter faction of the Shiv Sena.

“We parted ways with the Shiv Sena because it was too limited to Maharashtra and its activities never ventured beyond the state. We have built our base in around 12 states, including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Delhi. Our Delhi unit has around 1,300 members and we often meet to carry out our nationalist agenda,” he said.

Sonkar said the group wants roads to be named after leaders such as Subhash Chandra Bose and others who fought for independence.

The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has filed a complaint with police over the defacing of the signs.

“We have already filed a complaint and an FIR is being registered in the case. We are in the process of replacing the vandalised boards,” NDMC spokesperson Jagjiwan Bakshi said.

DCP (New Delhi) Vijay Singh said, “The PCR received a call last night from a local resident who alerted us about the defacement of one of the road signs. We will be registering an FIR under charges of defacement of public property and other appropriate section soon. We are going through CCTV camera footage to ascertain the identity of the miscreants.”

Road signs with Muslim names defaced in Delhi

Instead of defacing non Muslim name like Akbar they should have focused on tyrants like Aurangzeb road. The nuts need a lesson in history. Very stupid reason to go to jail for.

Some roads like those on Aurangzeb and Tipu need to be eliminated. No sane Indian can support their glorification.

Instead of defacing non Muslim name like Akbar they should have focused on tyrants like Aurangzeb road. The nuts need a lesson in history. Very stupid reason to go to jail for.

Some roads like those on Aurangzeb and Tipu need to be eliminated. No sane Indian can support their glorification.

That is why they are willing to go to jail don't you think :undecided:, they have a majority support at their back.

That is why they are willing to go to jail don't you think :undecided:, they have a majority support at their back.
Regardless of majority support or minority support, they will go to jail. Painting places is a stupid idea. A sit in would have had more value in India. Aurangzeb's road in Delhi is a great humiliation. Akbar's name is not so at all. Utterly idiotic and fail attempt to gain recognition(this is a new org).

What is wrong with AAP?

Will Kejriwal answer?
He is busy practicing for his next drama, going to be a tragi-comedy.

Please don't disturb him unnecessarily with small issues like governance of Delhi.

Now who is fundamentalist :-D :-D
Ooooh is this a guessing game?

Let me see, is it the people who deface street signs or the people who shot dead 45 Ismailis in a bus....hmmmm...this is very tough choice for my low IQ. Indian brain, but I think it must be the people who defaced the street signs because ....maybe because it happened in India?

Ooooh is this a guessing game?

Let me see, is it the people who deface street signs or the people who shot dead 45 Ismailis in a bus....hmmmm...this is very tough choice for my low IQ. Indian brain, but I think it must be the people who defaced the street signs because ....maybe because it happened in India?
Yeah yeah your low iq level should also guess about babri masjid incident and after math and what happen in gujrat riots i hope you will guess it right :-D :-D

And names of road signs are your concerns and for that you look up to Modi :rofl:
Sach mein yaar. Kaam Dhanda nahi hai to road signs utha lo.

Yeah yeah your low iq level should also guess about babri masjid incident and after math and what happen in gujrat riots i hope you will guess it right :-D :-D
Poor you. U have to go 13 years back to compare to incidents happening everyday in your country. Great analysis. :coffee:

Lol @ "Islamisation". Delhi was ruled and dominated by muslims for a good 600 years, yet these guys have a nerve to talk about Islamisation. Alaudin Khilji, the sultan of Delhi, once passed a law that every hindu's mouth was a dustbin for a muslim to spit paan in. If a hindu declined to open his mouth when a muslim had to spit paan, he would be committing an offense and most probably killed.

The complexes these guys have, lol.

Back
Top Bottom