What's new

Road accident kills 24 Pakistan army personnel in Kohistan

Enough this "sympathy " BS - what you ought to be doing is asking why these soldiers were not in Army transport or Air force transport?? Why do we keep treating our own as if thjeir lives are worth less then nothing -- yes, yes, do your "correct" BS, but with it could also ask that steps betaken to avoid the possibility of such events? Too much to ask for ?? back to your stupor inducing magic language

One must be at-least one star officer to be considered precious.

Yes, their lives are cheap -- God help our men, these officers cannot, they do not think in the way officers should for their men -

@muse, your feeling are understandable and justifiable. But this malaise is not confined just to theis Army in question, rather it can be found in the region.
Having said that, there is also the question of economics. Hence the Army ends up having to depend on Civilian transport for logistics rather often. Civilian transports are comparitively poorly maintained, manned by poorly trained and motivated staff. Air transport is not always available or affordable, but the Army needs to insist on running its own transport system in such hazardous areas. Plus there is the ever-present constant of dangerous roads compounded by treacherous weather.

The Army needs to take over its own logistics to the greatest extent possible. That will help to minimise such tragic mishaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
List of the names:

1. Lt. Col. Ikram Hunza
  2. N.Sub Sher Murad
  3. Hav. Rauf
  4. Jameel Ghizer
  5. Hav. Abu Taib Nager
  6. Nk. Khush Wali Puniyal
  7. L.N Ghulam Rasool 8 Sep Inayat
  8. Sep INayat
  9. Raheem Shah Yase
  10. Sep Sher Wali Gupis
  11. Syed Ejaz
  12. Sardar Skd
  13. Sardar Gupis
  14. Sikrandar Skd
  15. NadirAman Gupis
  16. Shakir Skd
  17. Mohammed Ali Skd
  18. Mohammed Khan
  19. Rehmad Haken
  20. Sadir Gupis
  21. Saeed Alam
  22. Ali Baig Gupis
  23. Israr Alam 23 Gul Baaz
  24. GulWali
  25. Shahadat Yasin
  26. Akhtar

May their souls be blessed.

@muse, your feeling are understandable and justifiable. But this malaise is not confined just to theis Army in question, rather it can be found in the region.
Having said that, there is also the question of economics. Hence the Army ends up having to depend on Civilian transport for logistics rather often. Civilian transports are comparitively poorly maintained, manned by poorly trained and motivated staff. Air transport is not always available or affordable, but the Army needs to insist on running its own transport system in such hazardous areas. Plus there is the ever-present constant of dangerous roads compounded by treacherous weather.

The Army needs to take over its own logistics to the greatest extent possible. That will help to minimise such tragic mishaps.

Yes, I understand all of that - you will note that an LTC is on list of those killed - just imagine the investment lost - good economics? No sir, it's more a case of callousness - we don't value our ow, why should others? Don't get me wrong, I do understand this characteristic among us, this, being cheap, it's just counter productive, I would rather we lose equipment than personnel we have so much invested in, I think it's the proper attitude for all of us to take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough this "sympathy " BS - what you ought to be doing is asking why these soldiers were not in Army transport or Air force transport?? Why do we keep treating our own as if thjeir lives are worth less then nothing -- yes, yes, do your "correct" BS, but with it could also ask that steps betaken to avoid the possibility of such events? Too much to ask for ?? back to your stupor inducing magic language

Army transport is majorly composed of army trucks, and traveling in them for long period of times is a very hard job, very uncomfortable, and they are slow. What jounrey a normal car or coaster / bus takes, such trucks can take 2-3 times more time period. So, when a unit formation moves, they mostly send their luggage and other hardware on trucks and send men on privately hired buses etc. And when units move to some other location, its not a just few dozen men, a normal infantry unit is composed of 600-800 men, thus just imagine how much cost it will incur if aerial route is taken. This is a normal procedure and this takes place round the years, dozens of units move around through out the year from one place to another. In this case also, it seems the unit was being transferred and going to norther areas from its current location somewhere in KPK. And jawans and officers move alike, that is why the martyred consist the commanding officer Lt Col and a Lt with him.

Anyway, may the martyred rest in peace and Allah gives courage to their families to bear this huge loss.

commanding officer Lt Col and a Lt with him.

Such Highly Ranked officers are generally moved by Helicopters.... I don't know about PA but here they do it by a light helo to and from conflict zones.

Such Highly Ranked officers are generally moved by Helicopters.... I don't know about PA but here they do it by a light helo to and from conflict zones.

Where has this bit of information been picked up from ?

Avation assets are not meant for routine logistic movements.

Where has this bit of information been picked up from ?

Avation assets are not meant for routine logistic movements.

They are usually used in difficult terrain for High ranking officers... Do you think a Brigadier or a Col. scales the peaks to Siachen ?

Meanwhile If they can do this... I don't know what is the problem with that where terrain is hazardous.

BHJ2UEl.jpg

They are usually used in difficult terrain for High ranking officers... Do you think a Brigadier or a Col. scales the peaks to Siachen ?

Meanwhile If they can do this... I don't know what is the problem with that where terrain is hazardous.

BHJ2UEl.jpg

To take this discussion further would be off topic.

For the record a Col is a Commanding Officer & he bloody well walk with his men.

As regards the pic - it is symbolic no where close to what is being implied.

Wish there was a PM option to discuss.

Brig and Col don't go into the front posts of Siachen or LOC, the Jawans, JCO and a Lt sometimes is deputed there. The high ranking officer are located at Station HQ (Brig in HQ FCNA) and the Lt Col's and other such personnel are in the base camps (such as gayari).

Those base camps are very easily reachable by army vehicles (when the transport is for 5-10 personnel), and the supplies are done by heli in winter or in some cases.

This particular incident is of a whole unit moving!

I've seen pictures of Pakistani army soldiers being transported in the back of cheap pick ups etc. Even in Africa, the soldiers are transported in huge armor plated trucks or covered trucks. Sad incident. It seems that these soldiers were returning from a combat zone and were on their way home. May they rest in peace

Back
Top Bottom