What's new

Rising divorce rates in Pakistan

I am not a male chauvinist, you brainwashed Feminist.

I am calling you a Feminist because you are behaving like one and not open to reason.

My point is that Women also abuse and in substantial number. In-fact, women are less into physical abuse and more into mental abuse - this is why abuse-related statistics are skewed towards men because they are based on abuse in physical form only.

Stop assuming that women tend to be innocent in the matters family politics. Mothers and wives are known to brainwash their sons and/or husbands to victimize the other.

You have much to learn.
I am not using reason? you are the one who first attacked me, and then pasted some links to support your point.
After which I used logic and reason to prove you wrong, then you resorted to name calling. Typical male chauvinist mentality.

you might want to stop watching drama serials in which wives and mothers are shown as villains, come back into reality. And even in the dramas, the victims of the serials are women.

Poor men are so innocent that they get brainwashed so easily. Still the percentage of women facing domestic violence is higher than men. I wonder how?

Given that most of the marriage particularly in lower classes are simply convenient prostitution arranged parents and elders..divorce is a good thing..it means people are waking up to their consciousness and wanting escape from slavery imposed upon them by elders..

I thought Pakistan does not have a caste system???

which country are you talking about?
Our Pakistan

Pakistani women are abused by parents all their life..until marriage..then they start abusing their husbands..many women have no sense of raising kids or they are not interested in the responsibility..but they birth kids as their insurance policy!
I agree. My mother was an amazing woman. My sister's useless and this is common

I am not using reason? you are the one who first attacked me, and then pasted some links to support your point.
After which I used logic and reason to prove you wrong, then you resorted to name calling. Typical male chauvinist mentality.

you might want to stop watching drama serials in which wives and mothers are shown as villains, come back into reality. And even in the dramas, the victims of the serials are women.

Poor men are so innocent that they get brainwashed so easily. Still the percentage of women facing domestic violence is higher than men. I wonder how?
I am sorry but you are a pathetic excuse of a feeb who doesn't understand a thing.

Both genders are victims of domestic violence around the world. Statistics suggest that men tend to be more physical then women in abusing a partner. However, many women tend to subject their partners to "emotional abuse" - a phenomenon that is not captured in statistics.

Now what exactly is so difficult for you grasp here?

You should go through your comments to understand why some call you out on your BS.

First, you issued a "sweeping generalization" that divorce rate is rising because women are leaving their abusive partners. How did you come to this conclusion actually? People divorce each other for different reasons and abuse is just one of the factors. In-fact, numerous studies suggest that an abused partner is unlikely to leave a marriage easily.

Heck, I am (personally) aware of internal dynamics of many families and I have also witnessed several divorces.

1. One couple divorced because husband wasn't productive and the wife was advised by her family members to leave him.
2. One couple divorced because the two could not get along - lack of compatibility.
3. One couple divorced because husband used to keep a gun with him. Wife was not comfortable with this situation.
4. One couple divorced because husband had medical issues.

There are additional examples. I haven't seen a case in which a partner left due to abuse.

I should stop watching dramas? Dude, do you even have a family or relatives? Your comments suggest as if you live in a hostel, completely detached from relations.

There are people in this forum who are much older and wiser than you are at your current stage. Family politics is a common occurrence and tensions between wife and her mother-in-law are also a common theme. There are some families in which wife and mother-in-law have a decent relationship but not true for everybody.

Pakistani dramas tend to highlight real issues of this society. However, you seem to live in some kind of fantasy-land where man is responsible for all problems in this world.

You need counseling.

Last edited:
Still the percentage of women facing domestic violence is higher than men. I wonder how?

Beacuse in most countries the legal definition of "domestic violence" is biased such that only "Male" are considered preprators and "Females" are considered victims.

And in western countries the police are trained to always believe the women and arrest the men,without any physical evidence against men or even if the evidence show that the women is lying or preprator.The men will always be arrested.
This is western police SOP.

These are the reason that most stats shown women as victims of abuse.

if its Pakistan, then no one is marring her because she is a woman
Sadly...She was lovely before marriage and then as he was the only son....demands car new clothes all the time restaurants no home cooking no cleaning etc etc....you know the picture. Marriage is a two way journey. I cook I help wash up and I clean. Help help help and others will help you

Beacuse in most countries the legal definition of "domestic violence" is biased such that only "Male" are considered preprators and "Females" are considered victims.

And in western countries the police are trained to always believe the women and arrest the men,without any physical evidence against men or even if the evidence show that the women is lying or preprator.The men will always be arrested.
This is western police SOP.

These are the reason that most stats shown women as victims of abuse.
so what you are saying that woman slap around and hit men more than men do women?
ok cool.............

so what you are saying that woman slap around and hit men more than men do women?
ok cool.............

no not at all...
I am saying in order for marriages to work....abuse has to be eliminated. abuse isn't just men to women but also happens from women to men....its all equally wrong. hope that makes sense

Sadly...She was lovely before marriage and then as he was the only son....demands car new clothes all the time restaurants no home cooking no cleaning etc etc....you know the picture. Marriage is a two way journey. I cook I help wash up and I clean. Help help help and others will help you
how is that related to my post of her not getting married because of her being a woman and divorced ?

I am sorry but you are a pathetic excuse of a feeb who doesn't understand a thing.

Both genders are victims of domestic violence around the world. Statistics suggest that men tend to be more physical then women in abusing a partner. However, many women tend to subject their partners to "emotional abuse" - a phenomenon that is not captured in statistics.

Now what exactly is so difficult for you grasp here?

You should go through your comments to understand why some call you out on your BS.

First, you issued a "sweeping generalization" that divorce rate is rising because women are leaving their abusive partners. How did you come to this conclusion actually? People divorce each other for different reasons and abuse is just one of the factors. In-fact, numerous studies suggest that an abused partner is unlikely to leave a marriage easily.

Heck, I am (personally) aware of internal dynamics of many families and I have also witnessed several divorces.

1. One couple divorced because husband wasn't productive and the wife was advised by her family members to leave him.
2. One couple divorced because the two could not get along - lack of compatibility.
3. One couple divorced because husband used to keep a gun with him. Wife was not comfortable with this situation.
4. One couple divorced because husband had medical issues.

There are additional examples. I haven't seen a case in which a partner left due to abuse.

I should stop watching dramas? Dude, do you even have a family or relatives? Your comments suggest as if you live in a hostel, completely detached from relations.

There are people in this forum who are much older and wiser than you are at your current stage. Family politics is a common occurrence and tensions between wife and her mother-in-law are also a common theme. There are some families in which wife and mother-in-law have a decent relationship but not true for everybody.

Pakistani dramas tend to highlight real issues of this society. However, you seem to live in some kind of fantasy-land where man is responsible for all problems in this world.

You need counseling.
the number of divorce cases you are referring are too damn high to be witnessed by a single person, unless you are judge handling divorced.
my point still stands, I gave you facts from your own links, and you are still denying that women are abused at home?

no not at all...
I am saying in order for marriages to work....abuse has to be eliminated. abuse isn't just men to women but also happens from women to men....its all equally wrong. hope that makes sense
it makes sense completely
but we have to also accept the fact that many marriages in Pakistan are abusive towards the wife, but she is forced to live with it.
and if she goes for a divorce, she is looked down upon by other people.

how is that related to my post of her not getting married because of her being a woman and divorced ?

the number of divorce cases you are referring are too damn high to be witnessed by a single person, unless you are judge handling divorced.
my point still stands, I gave you facts from your own links, and you are still denying that women are abused at home?

it makes sense completely
but we have to also accept the fact that many marriages in Pakistan are abusive towards the wife, but she is forced to live with it.
and if she goes for a divorce, she is looked down upon by other people.
oh totally.....kids often don't have a choice. girls never ever get asked and boys rarely. personally I was a rebel I found my wife fell in love married her and rang my parents on the day. they got upset but then loved my wife more than me....understandable loool. the reason I am saying that is islam gives us choice of marriage but our dumb parents and culture doesn't. kids should rise against the forced marriages. abusive relationship against wifes is not acceptable.

oh totally.....kids often don't have a choice. girls never ever get asked and boys rarely. personally I was a rebel I found my wife fell in love married her and rang my parents on the day. they got upset but then loved my wife more than me....understandable loool. the reason I am saying that is islam gives us choice of marriage but our dumb parents and culture doesn't. kids should rise against the forced marriages. abusive relationship against wifes is not acceptable.
I dont actually blame parents for this, they themselves had this thing thrust upon them, so its not their fault, rather is a cultural flaw.

I dont actually blame parents for this, they themselves had this thing thrust upon them, so its not their fault, rather is a cultural flaw.

then having suffered themselves they should have mercy upon their kids. kids also should be brave.

When did I deny that women are not abused at home? Comprehension problems?

I pointed out the fact that both men and women experience abuse at home. I provided you statistics of domestic violence in the US (based on reported instances of "physical assault" only) - I did not provide you statistics of causes of divorce in any country.

I also pointed out to you the fact that men are more likely to abuse in "physical ways" whereas women are more likely to abuse in "emotional ways." Abuse is a global issue in which both genders are culprits.

You made a sweeping generalization that divorce rate in Pakistan is climbing due to women leaving abusive marriages. My counter-argument is that couples divorce for different reasons - not just abuse.

I provided 4 examples. Certainly, not a large sample size but sufficient to prove my point.

Do not make sweeping generalizations about matters you do not understand, in your blind hatred of men.

When did I deny that women are not abused at home? Comprehension problems?

I pointed out the fact that both men and women experience abuse at home. I provided you statistics of domestic violence in the US (based on reported instances of "physical assault" only) - I did not provide you statistics of causes of divorce in any country.

I also pointed out to you the fact that men are more likely to abuse in "physical ways" whereas women are more likely to abuse in "emotional ways." Abuse is a global issue in which both genders are culprits.

You made a sweeping generalization that divorce rate in Pakistan is climbing due to women leaving abusive marriages. My counter-argument is that couples divorce for different reasons - not just abuse.

I provided 4 examples. Certainly, not a large sample size but sufficient to prove my point.

Do not make sweeping generalizations about matters you do not understand, in your blind hatred of men.
I am a male myself, how can I have a blind hatred for men?
emotional abuse is highly improbable due to the fact that male should be mature enough to handle tough situations, they should not be cry babies, like in drama serials

then having suffered themselves they should have mercy upon their kids. kids also should be brave.
because parents have suffered, they think it is the "norm" and it is "alright" that is why the enforce is saying "they know what is best for their children"

Back
Top Bottom