What's new

Rising divorce rates in Pakistan

Then why didn't Prophet Muhammad (SAW) divorce any of his wives if divorce is such a good thing? Afterall what better example of a Momin is there besides him (SAW)?
not everyone can be like the messenger of god, depending on the case(like a dead relationship) divorce can actually be the best option, its completely allowed for a reason
Love marriages have a have a higher failure rate than arranged marriages.
its a bit deeper than that, see a lot of people that are in that society of arranged marriages really before that have never probably even interacted with the opposite gender (that's not a family member), they don't know how to socialize with them, develop some kind of a friendly relation with them and don't get laid, so when they finally get hooked up by their parents, they just stick with it
Also, in the West where majority marriages are Love marriages the divorce rate is more than 50% and more than 75% of the divorce is initiated by the woman.
I predict this statistic will be the case in Pakistan sooner than later

I see you're running away after I tore your silly argument apart that arranged marriages = divorce even though statistically love marriages have a higher divorce rate (Western divorce statistics prove this).

Fine by me. Just don't complain when others quote you on a public forum
No you just don't understand and arguing with s brick has no point. Education is a good thing. It will teach you to fight onlybworthy fights and not waste time. Why do I want to waste time with someone who has no sense of reason and has no Idea what I said

Women talk shows = Divorce
Indian movies = Divorce

The promotion of fake world and fake ideals is the main culprit of false expectations

Explanation of earlier comments (Tafsir-E-AzadPakistan)

When people view , movies and watch Talk shows , what is the one aspect that is promoted mostly in this shows
well life style in movies. The shows promote Cars, Condos and rich life style which is not present for most people in either Indian culture or in Pakistani culture.

So how does viewing this life style impacts the mindset of Young people , simple they become addicted to materialistic ambitions , chasing this which has no value or connection to real happiness

The movies and TV shows portray a culture of need for having a particular car, or boat (even if you have never learned swimming) , the cell phones or fancy homes. Women are always enticed by the furniture or other luxuries shown in TV shows

What people see in Movies or Dramas or TV talk shows does not connects with the realities of Pakistani Salaries or income of people in Pakistan

This desire to chase the Luxury items potentially pushes people towards spending more hours at work and less time with their families and even when they are with their families they cannot really appreciate the aspects that really matter the most

a) Health
b) Company of your loved ones

Women talk shows = Divorce
Indian movies = Divorce

The promotion of fake world and fake ideals is the main culprit of false expectations

Explanation of earlier comments (Tafsir-E-AzadPakistan)

When people view , movies and watch Talk shows , what is the one aspect that is promoted mostly in this shows
well life style in movies. The shows promote Cars, Condos and rich life style which is not present for most people in either Indian culture or in Pakistani culture.

So how does viewing this life style impacts the mindset of Young people , simple they become addicted to materialistic ambitions , chasing this which has no value or connection to real happiness

The movies and TV shows portray a culture of need for having a particular car, or boat (even if you have never learned swimming) , the cell phones or fancy homes. Women are always enticed by the furniture or other luxuries shown in TV shows

What people see in Movies or Dramas or TV talk shows does not connects with the realities of Pakistani Salaries or income of people in Pakistan

This desire to chase the Luxury items potentially pushes people towards spending more hours at work and less time with their families and even when they are with their families they cannot really appreciate the aspects that really matter the most

a) Health
b) Company of your loved ones

Me and my wif3 have a solution to marriage problems and prevents divorce...
When we have a problem we both talk it through and agree that

I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.
That way we both get what we want and as I am big kid my ego stays intact. Job done loooool

Why not a million dollars/yuan/rupees/pounds or whatever your nation has? :D

Most likely result of women making decisions for themselves now i have no issues with divorce but people should think about the children before making such rash decisions but if domestic abuse is the issue well its best to pack your bags and leave with the kids

ANd divorces are being filed mainly by women :partay:

And who gets the short end of the stick?
The kids people should either not reproduce or if they do they should atleast keep their shit together till they are atleast in early teens

Lo ji kar lawo gal hun loki apney ap no reply pay karney :D @django
you know women cant file for divorce in pakistan,they can opt for a khula but courts dont grant them without a valid reason so im not sure how these women are applying for divorces

i do know,read what i wrote
they dont divorce thwy do khula
in which case the wife has to return the mehr and wedding gifts while in a divorce she keeps them.
also she has to have a valid reason to get a khula cause otherwise they would file for divorce for the smallest of reasons
Khula technically is divorce and most women who file for it put domestic abuse as reason for it and the number keeps on rising

I urge the government to legislate robustly against this social 'menace'.

People who have gone through more than 1 divorce should be registered and not allowed to marry again unless they can convince the court that they are sane and organized enough to take on the task of marriage.

This is endangering the fragile social fabric of the show shy tea.

Back
Top Bottom