What's new

Reloaded Arjun Killed At Birth?

Oscar, on Arjun a better source would be Ajai Shukla... all the contradictions so not fit in. There is something very wrong in the case of Arjun.. conflicting reports are abound and I don't want to give a benefit of doubt to a guy like Shiv..

Conflicting bureaucracy? generals and engineers at loggerheads with each other and amongst themselves? shifting blames for minor faults which are then interpreted as major setbacks by people such as Shiv?

Conflicting bureaucracy? generals and engineers at loggerheads with each other and amongst themselves? shifting blames for minor faults which are then interpreted as major setbacks by people such as Shiv?
Possible, I might even believe if there was a story that some people in Army had vested interests..

I say a through test like Mk1 should be conducted and compared with T-90 and the tanks should be forced down the Armies throat, esp people who have vested interests..

No news is as good news as a bad news. Plus if it's Indian media then it bad becomes worst in process.
Army definately want more changes in Mark 2 and they want it fast. DRDO on other hand wants to complete changes selected for mark 2 and consider new changes in future trials or in mark 3.

So displeasure of IA is always reported as a failure of test by reporter when army is mad on DRDO and not on the machine. It's Indian army if they wouldn't liked the dam tank they would have rejected it and buy more T90 which they are already buying.

Possible, I might even believe if there was a story that some people in Army had vested interests..

I say a through test like Mk1 should be conducted and compared with T-90 and the tanks should be forced down the Armies throat, esp people who have vested interests..

Army have to buy it if defeat t90 in tests. Do you think army buy mark 1 happily ??? :D they didn't have the choice after the test. Some IA people love Russian tanks. Don't know why but they surely in favour of t90ms but if mark 2 beat existing t90s they have to buy mark 2.

No news is as good news as a bad news. Plus if it's Indian media then it bad becomes worst in process.
Army definately want more changes in Mark 2 and they want it fast. DRDO on other hand wants to complete changes selected for mark 2 and consider new changes in future trials or in mark 3.

So displeasure of IA is always reported as a failure of test by reporter when army is mad on DRDO and not on the machine. It's Indian army if they wouldn't liked the dam tank they would have rejected it and buy more T90 which they are already buying.

Army have to buy it if defeat t90 in tests. Do you think army buy mark 1 happily ??? :D they didn't have the choice after the test. Some IA people love Russian tanks. Don't know why but they surely in favour of t90ms but if mark 2 beat existing t90s they have to buy mark 2.

See even if it is not as great as T-90s but comparable it should be good.. How do India reduce the imports if a start is not made. War is not won on cutting edge tech alone..

what is the possibilty of Tank war like Longewala in the era of precision strike and short duration war ? cant we invest much on LCH and army aviation corp rather than fine tuning Arjun?

It can be said now as a fact that as far as defense industry is concerned we have more trust for imported material (T-90 in this case) than our indigenous product (MBT Arjun). Actually other countries are more in favor of our product than we are (some news that Columbia is interested in Arjuns). I can say for sure if it was possible to sell LCA, Arjuns, Brahmos etc. to Pakistan they would have taken it at once but not our own armed forces.:angry::angry: How can than we achieve the 70% indigenisation target when we don't have the will for it.
A first: Foreign interest in Arjun tank - Hindustan Times

As per the above link we are reluctant to export high tech military equipment & our military is reluctant to buy it than where the hell our defense manufacturers go:hitwall::hitwall:

What a joke, PA, PN & PAF have much better standards than I anything. Admit that DRDO and most Iindian defence sector production SUCKS.

What a joke, PA, PN & PAF have much better standards than I anything. Admit that DRDO and most Iindian defence sector production SUCKS.

really? dude, LCA is better than JF-17 at any given day (Livefist: "LCA Far Ahead Of JF-17 In Contemporary Technology": IAF Western Commander)

Arjun is better even than T-90s(proved by the recent trials) so certainly better than much of Pakistans tank armour.

& never talk about Brahmos it's the missile which even the US doesn't have so how can Pakistan have.

if you want one on one, on other DRDO projects pls be my guest:sniper:

really? dude, LCA is better than JF-17 at any given day (Livefist: "LCA Far Ahead Of JF-17 In Contemporary Technology": IAF Western Commander)

Arjun is better even than T-90s(proved by the recent trials) so certainly better than much of Pakistans tank armour.

& never talk about Brahmos it's the missile which even the US doesn't have so how can Pakistan have.

if you want one on one, on other DRDO projects pls be my guest:sniper:

Not needed..

What is more needed is the concern why the IA, IAF are against indigenous products. The IN is more adaptive to Indian platforms, what's with the IA?

AFAIK the IA as ordered 248 Mk.I and 124 Mk.II to date. There is also the likelihood of the DRDO's SPG being based on the Arjuni turret as will the bridge laying and recovery vehicle variants.

Isn't that what he said as well?

It is a fact that the Army has already told the Department of Defence Production that it will not expand its existing indent for 124 Arjun Mk.2s...

...This is precisely what it is likely to be, which is why products based on the Arjun chassis (bridge-layer tank, self-propelled artillery) or Arjun turret (Tank-X) are being pushed too. A total of 248 Arjun Mk.1/2 tanks in Army service is the maximum the programme can hope for.

So instead of buying 500 Arjun tanks, they might go for SPHs or bridge-layer to make the development worth it, but not because of performance in general.
But when I read this:

It is a fact that the Army has already told the Department of Defence Production that it will not expand its existing indent for 124 Arjun Mk.2s, as it does not need more heavy tanks.

I wonder, why the hell did they wanted this development at all, we could have bought 124 heavy tanks from another country and developed a lighter tank from the start. IA really is the worst force when it comes to procurement plans!

for those who cry for indigenous only equipment in armed forces should use only made in India ( govt factories only) goods in their life, should fly only with Air India and study only in govt school/colleges. Follow this and then talk or STFU. :coffee:

for those who cry for indigenous only equipment in armed forces should use only made in India ( govt factories only) goods in their life, should fly only with Air India and study only in govt school/colleges. Follow this and then talk or STFU. :coffee:
Please you need to shut up... unless and untill indigenous equipment is not used we will always rely on imports, its not a crime but 70% is a crime..

And btw why do I want to fly air India when bloddy Jet airways is better than that..

Isn't that what he said as well?

So instead of buying 500 Arjun tanks, they might go for SPHs or bridge-layer to make the development worth it, but not because of performance in general.
But when I read this:

I wonder, why the hell did they wanted this development at all, we could have bought 124 heavy tanks from another country and developed a lighter tank from the start. IA really is the worst force when it comes to procurement plans!

if i am not wrong Arjun was meant to be 40 ton tank

but IA kept changing requirements

Please you need to shut up... unless and untill indigenous equipment is not used we will always rely on imports, its not a crime but 70% is a crime..

And btw why do I want to fly air India when bloddy Jet airways is better than that..
how cute! Jet airways ! I would also recommend Tata/mahindra defence products rather than from the companies run by blood sckng babus.! Indegenous doesnt mean govt owned.
By the way what else indegenous products like phone,car,etc u use in daily life !

sell arjun mkII with tot PA

if i were the mod of pak
i would scratch the al khalid II project

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom