What's new

Religious Architecture in Pakistan

Faisal masjid is nice.

I really like the old school mughal architecture, there should be a revival of that style, its amazing.

no tooba mosque?????????

masjid-e-tooba_dha_karachi.jpg

724020-Things_To_Do-Karachi.jpg

BlogyMate.com1911201023510.jpg

363.jpg

3844683697_407830d88a_z.jpg

4058582578_9ccd7b56bb_b.jpg

Last edited:
2799857430074239546TuGyLs_ph.jpg

4058594026_3501eb2411_b.jpg

800px-Masjid_e_Tooba.jpg

pakistan_07-03_-038.jpg

Masjid e Tooba or Tooba Mosque (Urdu: مسجد طوبٰی) is located in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.
Locally, it is also known as the Gol Masjid. Masjid e Tooba was built in 1969 in Defense Housing Society, Karachi. It is located just off main Korangi Road. Masjid e Tooba is often claimed to be the largest single dome mosque in the world. It is also major tourist attraction in Karachi. Masjid e Tooba is built with pure white marble. The dome of the Masjid e Tooba is 72 meters (236 feet) in diameter, and is balanced on a low surrounding wall with no central pillars. Masjid e Tooba has a single minaret standing 70 meters high. Masjid e Tooba is the 18th largest mosque in the world with the central prayer hall having a capacity of 5,000 people. It has been built keeping acoustics in mind. A person speaking inside one end of the dome can be heard at the other end. This mosque was designed by Pakistani architect Dr Babar Hamid Chauhan and the engineer was Zaheer Haider Naqvi.

Last edited:
baba-greeb-das-Mandir-Ghous.jpg

Baba Greeb Das Mandir Ghous

sadh-sawie-marhi-shahdadpur.jpg

Sadh Sawie Marhi Shahdadpur

shankar-anand-bharti-alandi.jpg

Shankar Anand Bharti Alandi

zinda-pir-jo-mandir-1.jpg

Zinda Pir Jo Mandir 1

zinda-pir-jo-mandir-sukkur.jpg

Zinda Pir Jo Mandir Sukkur

Zinda-pir-mandir-sukkur.jpg

Zinda Pir Mandir Sukkur

Church in Lahore
2675789219_289cb1c300_z.jpg

St.Thomas Church - Islamabad
3658394252_ba4c9840c4_z.jpg

Saint Lukes Church - Abbottabad
354390543_d03ea0b245_z.jpg

Magain Shalome Synagogue - Karachi
magain-shalome-interrior.jpg

It was demolished in the late 80s. Interestingly if a mosque get's teared down in another part of the world we go wild but it's ok to destroy a synagogue.

Banbhore, Sindh.
The first mosque outside of Arabia was built here and was also the first area to be conquered by Muhammad Bin Qasim
Courtyard of the mosque
Bhambore1.JPG

4012393418_9a9bcb8e5c.jpg

2320857974_700eb8875b.jpg

Banbhore, Sindh.
The first mosque outside of Arabia was built here and was also the first area to be conquered by Muhammad Bin Qasim

First mosque outside Arabia was built in Kerala.

Srichand Temple in Thatta, Sindh
4960920727_7dec334f5f_b.jpg

4961516872_3b74930ba8_b.jpg

4961517646_c9e35dd828_b.jpg

4960922111_a26d1141f9_b.jpg

As flood waters surround the 500-year-old Sri Chand temple located on the mouth of the breached embankment in Thatta city 88-year-old Lachman Das, has a strange comforting smile on his face. “I know I'll remain safe,“ says the caretaker. “Laal Saeen won't hurt us.“
According to legend, hundreds of years ago Sri Chand was meditating on a spot on which the temple currently stands, when similar floods began to approach. The Hindu saint ordered Laal Saeen said to control the waters to put it to a stop. Laal Saeen replied that he would only do so if Sri agreed to light a lamp in honour of his name at the temple. It’s been more than 500 years now and the Akhund Joot (the flame) continues to burn in this temple,” Das said, as he lead the way to the structure inside where a flame is kept burning in an oil lamp at all times in front Sri Chand’s portrait.

Das said the floods do not him scare at all. In fact, he added, a similar situation occurred about 40 years ago. “Despite 12 foot deep water all around the temple, Sri Chand’s holy abode remained free of harm,” he claimed.

First mosque outside Arabia, must have been in Egypt. At the time of Arab-Muslim conquest of Egypt mid-7th century (640 c.e.) that was the period of Muslim expansion outside of what we can say for argument sake original Arabia. Yes, Egypt today is known as part of Arabia, but wasn't a part of Arabia before Arab conquest, it had a distinctive "Egypt" identity separate from it's Arab identity today. Before, Arab-Muslim conquest in 640 c.e, Egypt was apart of the Byzantine empire.

We know Islam spread to Egypt and Iran before it spread to Pakistan. Islam arrived to Egypt and Iran in 7th century, while in Pakistan the early 8th century. The first masjid built in Egypt is Mosque of Amr ibn al-As built in 642 c.e. So approximately 2 years after Muslim conquest of Egypt. This makes reasonable sense. This fact alone invalidates the first mosque outside of Arabia was in Pakistan or elsewhere. Some will argue Egypt is "Arabia" well if you lived during the 7th century, I'm sure no Arab back then would have considered Egypt to be apart of Arabia, rather it was "Egypt" itself and happened to be apart of the Byzantine empire.

Anyways, if not Egypt then must be Iran (because I am not exactly sure), as these two locations were the primary territories of Muslim conquest and civilization outside of the Arabian peninsula. There is a chance I am wrong about this but with the information available to us today I'm sure the first mosque outside of Arabia wasn't in Pakistan, nor "Kerala" as one member stated definitively, but Egypt or Iran.

Regards, A1

Back
Top Bottom