What's new

Religious Architecture in Pakistan

Wow Aashiq nice pics Jains always have the most amazing temples even in India it is true.

Thanks Aashiq that's an excellent collection of photos. I happened to visit someof then when I visited Pakistan in the Mid 90's.

Tomb4.jpg

Pir Baba Sheikh Brahm visited by people from both sides of the border

Very nice pic's of these houses of worship GOD bless.

yar the Mandirs are in very bad shape just look at them compared to the Churches and the Majids not one $ been spent on them since independence only after Musharraf and Vajpayee started dialogue Pakistan promised some funds.

Despite Pakistan’s rich heritage of historical and archeological sites, very little work has been done for their restoration and preservation. This became more apparent after Daily Times visited a small pyramid-shaped Hindu temple, the ‘Shri Varun Dev Mandir’ in Manora.

The temple looks westwards at the Arabian Sea. Its beautiful architecture and appearance is in decay due to a complete lack of care. Its walls and rooms serve as a toilet for the locals of Manora’s sandy beach. In addition, the humid winds are eating away at whatever is left of the structure. The rich carvings on the walls of the mandir are slowly eroding to vagueness.

Check this first mosque built in sindh
My voice forum, Relics of Bab ul Islam mosque built by Muhammad bin Qasim at Rohri – Some facts by International Professor

Gurdwaras look identical to typical Islamic design of Mosques.

Badshahi Masjid and a Gurdwara
1224961154_427ef6d8f9_z.jpg

Mandir in Sialkot
3244426615_51de7d5cd3_z.jpg

Mandir in Karachi
1494689152_7ac3df2bbc_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom