What's new

Religions must be Chinese in orientation: official

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to democracy?

Dude you were Objecting to that thought a few pages as well. I clearly specified what I meant. Elected officials decide what is decorum to public spaces, not you or me. If you don't like the rules feel to vote someone who chooses to change it.

They still need to go outside to do things, like buy groceries.
Keep in mind that buying groceries is a social activity because it makes use of the products made by strangers. Therefore, think very carefully before deciding whether or not to socialize with others.

- Chinese seem to dislike religion altogether
- They are an insular society by design
- they think their stability is built around conforming
- they think Muslims are the missionary in their approach to religion
- they think religious identity cannot co-exist with political or national identity.

Well I mean, just think about what you see on the news every day.

It's carnage all across the world based on religious and sectarian conflict.

Chinese people are often wary of religious politics for the same reason we are wary of democratic "colour revolutions" like the Arab Spring. Because we value stability, and see it as a major prerequisite for economic development.

And we have seen the result of religious politics, even once bright stars like Turkey have been drowned by it.

I don't have a problem with religion by itself, I think people should believe what they want as long as it is not hurting other people. The problem with religious politics is that it seems to hurt people by default, to the point where nobody is surprised anymore by a major attack somewhere in the world. It's just so common.

If people want to persuade us of the value of religion, then show us what good it can do, what social/economic/technological development can it provide. Because the current world is not a good example to show.

Please, I can name many Muslim countries, in fact, I'll do it right now:

Albania, Bosnia, Morocco, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Malaysia, etc.

I can name more if you wish.

I can name more than double of what you can so don't even move in this direction bruv. It's a self defeating argument.

That is usually applied to nuns. I think Christian nuns use the same practice, too. Even Buddhists use similar approach to protect men practitioners. But using that on a family woman is an overkill now. And it is probably the time for men to take more responsibility in maintaining their own chastity. It is absurd to scorn of a woman who shows her face because some men may imagine her naked body just by seeing that. It is probably the men who should be scorned with such dirty thoughts.

The men are scorned. We are commanded to lower our gaze, and not stare unecesarily at the body of a women. We are also recommended to cover up, and not do anything to provoke women's desires, as are they. Women have to wear the Hijab, and we have to keep the beard. There is a balance.

The only reason women get harsher rulings in certain areas is because men chase after women, it's not usually the other way around. Not to mention men tend to go outside and work more, where as women primarily look after the kids and the house.

I can name more than double of what you can so don't even move in this direction bruv. It's a self defeating argument.

That's because there aren't as many Muslim countries as there are non Muslim countries genius.

I wouldn't even mind living somewhere like Damascus, it's still a pretty decent place to settle down in.

That's because there aren't as many Muslim countries as there are non Muslim countries genius.

I wouldn't even mind living somewhere like Damascus, it's still a pretty decent place to settle down in.

You are not gonna leave UK for Syria my little sanctimonious bro. Try to out virtue signal someone else.

Well I mean, just think about what you see on the news every day.

It's carnage all across the world based on religious and sectarian conflict.

Chinese people are often wary of religious politics for the same reason we are wary of democratic "colour revolutions" like the Arab Spring. Because we value stability, and see it as a major prerequisite for economic development.

And we have seen the result of religious politics, even once bright stars like Turkey have been drowned by it.

I don't have a problem with religion by itself, I think people should believe what they want as long as it is not hurting other people. The problem with religious politics is that it seems to hurt people by default, to the point where nobody is surprised anymore by a major attack somewhere in the world. It's just so common.

If people want to persuade us of the value of religion, then show us what good it can do, what social/economic/technological development can it provide. Because the current world is not a good example to show.

We have examples of what religion can do, you only have to look into the past.

If you have a problem with political religion, that's perfectly normal and you can say that China will not rule by what a minority dictates. However, allowing that minority to do certain very trivial things like have different names and wear different clothes should be allowed, since that doesn't threaten the country at all, if anything acting otherwise would.

You are not gonna leave UK for Syria my little sanctimonious bro. Try to out virtue signal someone else.

I'm not because, for several reasons, I'm stuck here.

But believe me, the moment I can leave, I'm seeing myself out. I'll probably just go to Pakistan, or back to the Middle East.

Keep in mind that buying groceries is a social activity because it makes use of the products made by strangers. Therefore, think very carefully before deciding whether or not to socialize with others.

You're really stuck on this whole social thing aren't you? It's not the only reason someone might wear a Burqa, it's simply just one of them.

The men are scorned. We are commanded to lower our gaze, and not stare unecesarily at the body of a women. We are also recommended to cover up, and not do anything to provoke women's desires, as are they. Women have to wear the Hijab, and we have to keep the beard. There is a balance.

The only reason women get harsher rulings in certain areas is because men chase after women, it's not usually the other way around. Not to mention men tend to go outside and work more, where as women primarily look after the kids and the house.

I don't understand the beard part since it shows more manliness. In any way, I am not against to cover up. We all cover up. I am only against to cover up completely, which reduces a person to a ghost-like figure.

I'd also prefer that Prophet prohibited men from eating lamb and onion, etc, since they are sexually stimulating. It is strange that on one side, covering up women completely, on the other, let men devour sexually stimulating food.

I'm not because, for several reasons, I'm stuck here.

But believe me, the moment I can leave, I'm seeing myself out. I'll probably just go to Pakistan, or back to the Middle East.

Bro I think you are going through some bad phase in life. feel free to chat with someone who won't push you off edge, but that's my opinion. There is nothing better than live in a country that agrees with your values.

Not at all.

The practice is considered praiseworthy to us, banning it is just silly.

All you can do is say that for identification purposes, a women wearing one must reveal her face to another women. Anything more than that is unacceptable.
The burka is not obligatory to wear it in Islam.

You're really stuck on this whole social thing aren't you? It's not the only reason someone might wear a Burqa, it's simply just one of them.

I am not stuck. I just show you the absurdity of this reason that you brought up.

Islamic scholars have stated that the burka or the niqab is not obligatory in Islam.

Why insist on wearing something that is not part of Islam.

There are many countries which are better for Muslims than China.

Chinese Muslims are the only type of Muslims who would prefer to live in China, even then, a lot of them would probably want to leave given the current situation.

China is not a Muslim country, what I mean is if you really like to help your Muslim brothers there are so many places in Muslim world that people live in dire situations, they can really use some help but I really doubt that you will help them.

Their country their choice.
Same way how I do not criticize Indian domestic politics or policies.
It is their internal affairs.

My shareef brother, aap shareef hee rahen gay. If you want to be respected rule of modern world is; ghayroon ki bund mein haath nahin bazoo ghusa kay rakhen. Aur aap kay moon ki taraf kohi dekhay toh do guma guma kay us ko lagahen. Therefore every Pakistani should take issue with everything that India does. They don't kill a cow and don't eat its meat. You start TV programs making fun of them and panel discussions about benefits of eating cows. They kill a cow and eat meat you protest they are barbaric and do not humanely kill cows. You start UN sessions about brutal way they are slaughtered in India. They slaughter them humanely. Pakistani government should complain about how poorly fed they are and malnurished the cows are before slaughter ... They feed the cows well and get em proper fat. You have TV programs about lack of greenary in India and how it is effecting carbon dioxide ... lesson ... India ki bund say bazoo mat nikalo keep riggling it for maximum pain. Shara'fat ko log martay thay, mein bi sharafat ko marta thah muhallay mein. Magar joh us ka bhai nazakat heh woh moqay ki nazakat dekh kar hammen bi marta thah ... is waja say woh bacha huwa thah ... sharafat ko aur sharafat mein mar parti heh ... moqoon ki nazakat par lehaz mat karo ... samjay.

Islamic scholars have stated that the burka or the niqab is not obligatory in Islam.

Why insist on wearing something that is not part of Islam.

Because some people like to wear it.

I am not stuck. I just show you the absurdity of this reason that you brought up.

It's not absurd, some women don't want men seeing their face and developing feelings for them.

China is not a Muslim country, what I mean is if you really like to help your Muslim brothers they are so many places in Muslim world that people live in dire situations, they can really need some help but I really doubt that you will help them.

My intention is to help them, but I'm stuck and can't leave. All I can do currently is send money to charities, which I'm currently doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom