What's new

Rehman Malik tells India to shut up

Singh has acknowledge the Indian support for the terrorists in Baluchistan. As far as i recall he said he will be looking into the matter.

Singh has acknowledge the Indian support for the terrorists in Baluchistan. As far as i recall he said he will be looking into the matter.

can you back up your claim? PM Manmohan Singh has made no such statement that you claim.

here's what Manmohan Singh said;
"I told him then and I say it here again that we are not afraid of discussing any issue of concern between the two countries. If there are any misgivings, we are willing to discuss them and remove them. I told him that I had been told by the leadership of Pakistan several times that Indian Consulates in Afghanistan were involved in activities against Pakistan, this is totally false, we have had Consulates in Kandahar and Jalalabad for 60 years. Our Consulates perform normal diplomatic functions and are assisting in the reconstruction of Afghanistan where we have a large aid programme that is benefiting the common people of Afghanistan. But we are willing to discuss all these issues because we know that we are doing nothing wrong. I told Prime Minister Gilani that our conduct is an open book. If Pakistan has any evidence – and they have not given me any evidence, no dossier was ever supplied – we are willing to look at it because we have nothing to hide."

Source Press Information Bureau:
PIB Press Release

I think you should edit your post, being an admin people look up to your post's and here you are spreading misinformation.

From Outlook and Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has been quoted.

Pakistan has stated for the first time since the Singh-Gilani meeting in Egypt in July that it has not handed over a dossier on Balochistan to the Indian Prime Minister.

"No, we didn't. Actually, we flagged the issue on Balochistan. We asked for a positive attitude and asked for non-interference inside Balochistan," Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said in an interview to Outlook magazine.

He was asked about claims in the Pakistani media that such a dossier was handed over to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the meeting with his Pakistani Yousuf Raza Gilani at Sharm-el Sheikh on the sidelines of the NAM Summit.

Balochistan's reference in the joint statement issued after the meeting had evoked sharp reactions. Pakistan has been accusing India of fomenting trouble in Balochistan, a charge it refutes.

BJP and several other political parties have slammed the Prime Minister for agreeing to the mention of Balochistan, saying government has yielded to Pakistan without thinking of its implications.

Singh had later explained that India has nothing to hide and did not see anything wrong with the reference in the joint statement which made a mention of Pakistan having raised the issue of Balochistan during the talks.

Qureshi also questioned the visit of Home Minister P Chidambaram to the US which is seen by Pakistan as an attempt to put pressure on it to take action against LeT found Hafiz Saeed, the mastermind behind the Mumbai terror attacks.

"India was always allergic to third-party mediation. What the Indian Home Minister is saying today is in contradiction to the stated Indian policies of the past," the Pakistan Foreign Minister said.

Qureshi said Pakistan had no problem in accepting such mediation. "Now, if they (India) want to involve the US, we would be only too happy. I repeat, Pakistan has no problmen with third-party mediation where other contentious issues between the two countries can also come up".

Pakistan has written a letter to Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao inviting her to Islamabad for a meeting before the two Foreign Ministers hold talks in New York later this month but there was no response from New Delhi, he said.

"If they don't meet, don't prepare a report for the Foreign Ministers as was agreed upon by the two Prime Ministers, then where do we go from here ? he asked.

The two Foreign Secretaries will meet in New York

Later this month to review progress on investigations into the Mumbai attacks before their Foreign Ministers hold talks.

Qureshi said continued stalling of the composite dialogue"will harm India more than Pakistan".

The minister was dismissive of the dossiers provided by India on the involvement of Hafiz Saeed and other accused in the Mumbai attacks. "Our legal team has gone over the evidence that India has sent with a fine toothcomb. Believe me, it can't hold up in a court of law".

On the controversy in India over Jinnah's book by Jaswant Singh, he said such reaction was "quite shocking".
Outlook magazine beeing an indian one may have misquoted him because this new was wastly propagated in Indian media however he didnt said anything about this here in Pakistan and all the Pakistani sources that reported this news quoted that magazine.
If there had'nt been any dossiar he would have been silent here.This is what I found last Pakistani official statement in this context.
Use Pakistani sources when when making claims about Pakistan.

FO indirectly confirms proof given to India​

ISLAMABAD: The Foreign Office on Thursday indirectly confirmed handing over to India proof of involvement of its spy agency in subversive activities in Pakistan, stressing that this was reflected in the joint communiqué issued at the end of Gilani-Singh meeting in Sharm El Sheikh last week.

'What I can say is that whatever was discussed and whatever was handed over is contained in the joint statement issued after the meeting of the two prime ministers,’ said Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit in reply to a question on Dawn’s report about evidence given to New Delhi of Indian hand in unrest and sabotage on Pakistani soil.

However, the spokesman avoided giving details of the substantiation shared with India, saying: ‘These involve intelligence issues. As a matter of policy, we do not discuss intelligence matters in public.’

On being peppered with questions about the dossier, Mr Basit repeatedly referred the media to the joint communiqué.

The revelation that the Indian prime minister had been given a dossier about RAW’s link in terror activities in Pakistan was met with shock and disbelief in India.

Except for a rare on-record denial by Indian functionaries, most of the repudiation carried by India was attributed to unconfirmed sources either in the external affairs ministry or the Prime Minister’s Office. Observers see it as an indication that both Pakistan and India may have decided in the Sharm El Sheikh meeting against going public on the matter.

The Indian Minister of State for External Affairs, Shashi Tharoor, while talking to Indian media, maintained an ambiguous position and said: ‘I have not seen this dossier myself. If there is a dossier I am sure competent colleagues in my ministry are looking at it, and I am sure that when we have studied it we would have a suitable response.’

The Foreign Office is still keeping hopes alive for the resumption of Composite Dialogue discouraging signals coming out of New Delhi notwithstanding.

Indian Foreign Secretary Shiv Shankar Menon has described the joint communiqué that he himself negotiated with his Pakistani counterpart Mr Salman Bashir as ‘imperfect and clumsily drafted’.

Mr Basit refused to take Indian volte-face as backing out from the commitment made in the Egyptian Red Sea resort. He optimistically said: ‘We hope that the meetings which will be held between the two foreign secretaries will be productive and help to define a trajectory for the resumption of the Composite Dialogue. This is what we expect and it would not be appropriate if I prejudge the outcome of these meetings.
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | FO indirectly confirms proof given to India

Last edited:
Outlook magazine beeing an indian one may have misquoted him because this new was wastly propagated in Indian media however we did'nt heared this in our media even doing a vast search i was'nt able to find this news however this is what I found latest Pakistani official statement is this new.
Use Pakistani sources when when making claims about Pakistan.

:eek: That was an Interview of Pakistan Foreign Minister Mr. Shah Mahmood Qureshi with Outlook magazine and they can't publish a Interview without the go ahead of the person interviewed.. that's protocol and here's an Interview given by Pakistan Foreign Minister, there's no way that outlook could even edit what Mr.Qureshi said.
these words were carried even by pakistani media
News In Print Copy Formate

ISLAMABAD: The Foreign Office on Thursday indirectly confirmed handing over to India proof of involvement of its spy agency in subversive activities in Pakistan, stressing that this was reflected in the joint communiqué issued at the end of Gilani-Singh meeting in Sharm El Sheikh last week.

you read news as per your taste, read carefully its mere SPECULATION

That was an Interview of Pakistan Foreign Minister Mr. Shah Mahmood Qureshi with Outlook magazine and they can't publish a Interview without the go ahead of the person interviewed.. that's protocol and here's an Interview given by Pakistan Foreign Minister, there's no way that outlook could even edit what Mr.Qureshi said.
these words were carried even by pakistani media

I corrected my previous post when I found some links however Pakistani papers are quoting that magazine.
said in an interview with Outlook magazine.
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...ossier-on-Balochistan-handed-to-India-Qureshi

The nation too quoted outlook magazine i did'nt heared anything from a Pakistani media,isn't it strange that Balouchistan issue is in joint statement if no dossiar had been given then why singh agreed to Balochistan issue would it hurt India's Image if Pakistan say that India is sending terrorists in Balochistan to destablize Pakistan?

you read news as per your taste, read carefully its mere SPECULATION
Ignorance is bliss for you eh?

Last edited:

The nation too quoted outlook magazine i did'nt heared anything from a Pakistani magazine,isn't it strange that Balouchistan issue is in joint statement if no dossiar had been given then why singh agreed to Balochistan issue would it hurt India's Image if Pakistan say that India is sending terrorists in Balochistan to destablize Pakistan?

Isn't it obvious when Pakistan Foreign Minister makes a statement at International ground, domestic media will just quote what he said instead of asking him same question again at home??
and Do you still believe that Foreign Minister makes a statement to Indian media, Indian Media Edits the statement and Pakistan Foreign Office will allow it?????

Here's why Singh agreed to discuss Balochistan:
"I told him then and I say it here again that we are not afraid of discussing any issue of concern between the two countries. If there are any misgivings, we are willing to discuss them and remove them. I told him that I had been told by the leadership of Pakistan several times that Indian Consulates in Afghanistan were involved in activities against Pakistan, this is totally false, we have had Consulates in Kandahar and Jalalabad for 60 years. Our Consulates perform normal diplomatic functions and are assisting in the reconstruction of Afghanistan where we have a large aid programme that is benefiting the common people of Afghanistan. But we are willing to discuss all these issues because we know that we are doing nothing wrong. I told Prime Minister Gilani that our conduct is an open book. If Pakistan has any evidence – and they have not given me any evidence, no dossier was ever supplied – we are willing to look at it because we have nothing to hide."

Source Press Information Bureau: PIB Press Release

Ignorance is bliss for you eh?
English is difficult for you eh?

Read Again:

Indirectly Confirmed???
can't you see It's been speculated... It's plain english man... If you still having problem, then please get a third party to read.

Certainly not Sir, that is misinformation and Libel or your recall is betraying you. (hope age's not catching up :what::what:)
The only place where Baluchistan was mentioned was the joint statement:
Following is a text of the joint statement issued after those talks:

The two prime ministers had a cordial and constructive meeting. They considered the entire gamut of bilateral relations with a view to charting the way forward in India-Pakistan relations.

Both leaders agreed that terrorism is the main threat to both countries. Both leaders affirmed their resolve to fight terrorism and to cooperate with each other to this end.

Prime Minister Singh reiterated the need to bring the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks to justice. Prime Minister Gilani assured that Pakistan will do everything in its power in this regard. He said that Pakistan has provided an updated status dossier on the investigations of the Mumbai attacks and had sought additional information/evidence. Prime Minister Singh said that the dossier is being reviewed.

Both leaders agreed that the two countries will share real time credible and actionable information on any future terrorist threats.

Prime Minister Gilani mentioned that Pakistan has some information on threats in Balochistan and other areas.

Both prime ministers recognised that dialogue is the only way forward. Action on terrorism should not be linked to the Composite Dialogue process and these should not be bracketed.

Prime Minister Singh said that India was ready to discuss all issues with Pakistan, including all outstanding issues.

Prime Minister Singh reiterated India's interest in a stable, democratic Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Both leaders agreed that the real challenge is development and the elimination of poverty. Both leaders are resolved to eliminate those factors which prevent our countries from realising their full potential. Both agreed to work to create an atmosphere of mutual trust and confidence.

Both leaders reaffirmed their intention to promote regional cooperation.

Both foreign secretaries should meet as often as necessary and report to the two foreign ministers, who will be meeting on the sidelines of the forthcoming U.N. General Assembly.

Prime Minister Gilani mentioned that Pakistan has some information on threats in Balochistan and other areas.
There is no other line in the joint statement apart from this regarding Baluchistan and here also it is stated that Gilani "mentioned that he has information". No comment from Manmohan. Well He's welcome to express concerns about Taliban and Xe as well, it would not translate into an admission of India's involvement.
The "information" was not shared and no dossier given.

Major General Abbas has stated he is yet to find a clue of Indian involvement. All this is nothing but hot air.

Last edited:

Actually this is what Mr. Singh says----

Monday, October 12, 2009
NEW DELHI: Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Sunday that India was not involved in fomenting trouble in Balochistan. Replying to a question on Interior Minister Rehman Malik’s statement that India was arming militants in Balochistan, Singh said: “This is entirely wrong.” Addressing a press conference in Mumbai, Singh said India was not in the business of “spreading” terror......

Full Story
India not interfering in Balochistan, says Singh

Major General Abbas has stated he is yet to find a clue of Indian involvement. All this is nothing but hot air.
Wrong MR I watched that ISPR press confrence,he said that we have found Indian weapons and ammunation but not in a large quatity,he nowhere said that they have not found any Indian involvement.

If I find that video on youtube I will post it soon,however you can do that too,search ISPR press confrence Oct 20 2009 on youtube.

Last edited:

Here's what Developereo posted on other thread quoting the news,
Answering a question about the Indian hand in South Waziristan, Athar Abbas said that some Indian weapons had also been captured but no truckload of Indian weapons was found which could provide any concrete evidence. However, he said, some hostile agencies were providing financial and material assistance to miscreants in South Waziristan.
COAS urges Mehsuds to stand up against militants
However I am still looking for video will soon provide you.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom