What's new

Regional countries should follow Turkey’s model towards Iran’s N-case

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nuclear energy development has been part of Iran's strategic path for over the life of the revolution. It actually started before the revolution. The renewable energy is still nowhere close to being able to substitute fossil or nuclear energy.

I can assure you, by the time Iran deplete its natural resources it will be.

And according to your logic, and if you really think that renewable energy is the answer, then Turkey also should give up on the nuclear plants and go after renewable ones as they are easier to acquire and operate.

Let me say that again, unlike Iran, we do not have any natural resources. We are dependent on countries like Russia, Iran and Azerbaijan for energy. Unlike Iran, we are paying billions of dollars annually to these countries. In order to end this dependency we had to go with the nuclear energy. It was out of desperation you see.

@Arminkh, is it true that some Iranian nuclear scientists were murdered by Mossad ?
Yes. Unfortunately it is true. It only stopped when Iran Threatened that it will reply back with the same tactic if the terrors don't stop.

Let me say that again, unlike Iran, we do not have any natural resources. We are dependent on countries like Russia, Iran and Azerbaijan for energy. Unlike Iran, we are paying billions of dollars annually to these countries. In order to end this dependency we had to go with the nuclear energy. It was out of desperation you see.

We have the World's largest reserves of shale gas, but still there is no a healty way to drill it. Usa have the second largest reserves but they want other countries to drill it first.

Yes. Unfortunately it is true. It only stopped when Iran Threatened that it will reply back with the same tactic if the terrors don't stop.

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Iran already reply by killing bus full of Israeli tourists in Bulgaria?

I can assure you, by the time Iran deplete its natural resources it will be.

Look, I don't mean this conversation to be annoying to anyone and I respect your opinion. But the fact is that for now, the only feasible energy source that everybody is trying to master is fusion energy. Renewable energy is still in its infancy. And just so you know Iran is working on that too. There is a big solar power plant that was recently built near Yazd. I also heard there are some wind farms being developed. The problem is that solar plants work when you don't need that much energy, which is during the day and wind farms work when there is wind. So you always need another source to back it up.

This is sad. We had the same problem before and some of our successful scientists "died" in interesting ways. The cases always covered up by someones in the state.

Look, I don't mean this conversation to be annoying to anyone and I respect your opinion. But the fact is that for now, the only feasible energy source that everybody is trying to master is fusion energy. Renewable energy is still in its infancy. And just so you know Iran is working on that too. There is a big solar power plant that was recently built near Yazd. I also heard there are some wind farms being developed. The problem is that solar plants work when you don't need that much energy, which is during the day and wind farms work when there is wind. So you always need another source to back it up.

I can assure you, the intention behind Iran's nuclear program is not as peaceful as you might want to believe, but whatever. Let's agree to disagree.

We have the World's largest reserves of shale gas, but still there is no a healty way to drill it. Usa have the second largest reserves but they want other countries to drill it first.

Canada has the same type. But it is not feasible to extract under $70 per barrel.

Actually USA was starting to utilize it and some think it is whey Saudi Arabia has lowered the price. It is actually trying to stop countries like Canada and USA use the shale gas

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Iran already reply by killing bus full of Israeli tourists in Bulgaria?
They say it was Iran. It was never confirmed. And to be realistic Israel has a lot of enemies in the region who could have done that.

This is sad. We had the same problem before and some of our successful scientists "died" in interesting ways. The cases always covered up by someones in the state.
Turkey too? I didn't know that. Sorry about that.

Also renewable energy's output, despite its merits, is way smaller than that of a nuclear power plant. Turkey is also working on renewable energy, but it's the upcoming nuclear power plants which will seriously slash a good portion of Turkey's energy expenditures.
Your point about Turkey receiving sanctions from the west if Israel objects, which wouldnt be the first time, like with satellite Gokturk 1's case, is an interesting scenario to think about. However, I am sure that if Iran manages to produce nuclear weapons, it would most probably lead to a nuclear race in the ME.

Also renewable energy's output, despite its merits, is way smaller than that of a nuclear power plant. Turkey is also working on renewable energy, but it's the upcoming nuclear power plants which will seriously slash a good portion of Turkey's energy expenditures.
Your point about Turkey receiving sanctions from the west if Israel objects, which wouldnt be the first time, like with satellite Gokturk 1's case, is an interesting scenario to think about. However, I am sure that if Iran manages to produce nuclear weapons, it would most probably lead to a nuclear race in the ME.

It has already started over the west's hype on Iran nuclear issue. I even have heard rumors that Saudi Arabia has bought nuclear warheads from Pakistan (I don't know how true that is and I welcome Pakistani friends' input).

I personally don't think Iran is thinking about developing a nuclear warhead now. It really doesn't serve any purpose and would only aggravate the situation. Things are turning pretty good for Iran in the region and world. A wrong move like that will ruin everything.

I can assure you, the intention behind Iran's nuclear program is not as peaceful as you might want to believe, but whatever. Let's agree to disagree.
Iran will use nukes to blackmail their neighbors. They shouldn't be allowed to have nukes at any costs. I believe Israel/Turkey/Arabs all silently agree on this. Iran said. If Israel attacks Iran. Iran will attack air defence shield in Turkey. This will turn it in a regional war where Iran will be knocked out. I believe the nuclear issue with Iran can't be solved peacefully.

Iran will use nukes to blackmail their neighbors. They shouldn't be allowed to have nukes at any costs. I believe Israel/Turkey/Arabs all silently agree on this. Iran said. If Israel attacks Iran. Iran will attack air defence shield in Turkey. This will turn it in a regional war where Iran will be knocked out. I believe the nuclear issue with Iran can't be solved peacefully.

I'm glad that you don't run your country then! Read the title of this thread again.

Turkey is the last country on this Planet that I care about .
If that's supposed to be bad, I wonder how you would feel if I told you Iran isn't even on the list of countries on this Planet that I care about, the last country I care about position has been filled.

Canada has the same type. But it is not feasible to extract under $70 per barrel.

Actually USA was starting to utilize it and some think it is whey Saudi Arabia has lowered the price. It is actually trying to stop countries like Canada and USA use the shale gas

They say it was Iran. It was never confirmed. And to be realistic Israel has a lot of enemies in the region who could have done that.

There may be various reasons for Saudis to pull prices down and ISIS was one the most effective method to achieve this. These terrorists wont attack Saudis as long as Saudi continues to cooperate with the USA about oil prices.

There are some serious risks about drilling of shale gas. As like to pollute natural water resources or to trigger earthquakes.

There are two aspects for states to follow. One of them is to make sure that noone have nuclear weapons, other one is all states to have these weapons. Its impossible to be sure that a state does not have a nuclear weapon, we can never guarantee it. So there is only one way back, to have nukes. Also when we are aware of it that everyone has nukes, no country would dare to use its own.

There may be various reasons for Saudis to pull prices down and ISIS was one the most effective method to achieve this. These terrorists wont attack Saudis as long as Saudi continues to cooperate with the USA about oil prices.

There are some serious risks about drilling of shale gas. As like to pollute natural water resources or to trigger earthquakes.

There are two aspects for states to follow. One of them is to make sure that noone have nuclear weapons, other one is all states to have these weapons. Its impossible to be sure that a state does not have a nuclear weapon, we can never guarantee it. So there is only one way back, to have nukes. Also when we are aware of it that everyone has nukes, no country would dare to use its own.
Turkey already has NATO nukes but I wouldn't trust any nukes with Iran from looking at their behavior in Iraq and Syria, Afghanistan and Pakistan. They have a highly sectarian foreign policy willing to walk over bodies to achieve their aims. I believe sooner or later there will be a preemptive strike to put Iran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom