What's new

Regional countries should follow Turkey’s model towards Iran’s N-case

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for let us know . can you please as citizen of Turkey tell us the extent of Iran nuclear program ?? or at lease tell how amy nuclear site are in Iran ??
i can assure everybody here Turkey has zero intelligence on Iran nuclear program . the MKO terrorist group has more info on Iran nuclear program then IAEA or Turkey or ++++++++++++++++++++

What i know is for peaceful purposes or not, it doesn't matter, zealots shouldn't be allowed to play with uranium.

only Mossad then U.S good understanding of Iran nuclear program .

another none sense

Yeah, you think so? :)

NetanyahuBomb.jpg

I think it was to be expected. Read the article below. I think Washington did exactly what it shouldn't have done:

http://csis.org/files/publication/131112_Brannen_TurkeyRussiaIranNexus_Web.pdf
Thanks for the link, seems like an interesting read. It's safe to assume Turkey has already given up on joining the EU, nor will EU allow Turkey in. That leaves us with searching for more rapprochement/influence in the ME and CA. To be honest, i don't have high hopes for long lasting truly positive and trustworthy ties with nor Iran nor Russia, for if Turkey wants to have truly good ties with Iran we probably would have to go out of our way and stop meddling with the ME and CA (give influence market share to Iran). However, Turkey turning its focus and exerting influence in the ME and CA will mean direct confrontation with Iran and/or Russia's influence, which we already can see in Syria and definitely see again if, for example, Azerbaijan and Armenia go to war.

That was also what Gaddafi was thinking. "I have my weapons".

Ghaddafi? Oh dear...
A leader of a country of what, 6-7 million people?
Iran is a country of 80 million people, with a well educated population.
Gaddafi had a artificial nuclear "kit", which was of no value.

We have an industrial infrastructure and a large scientific base. To compare that to Libya is a joke. We have strategic nuclear deterrence, Libya had nothing of the sort. Not even close to it.
You can not be serious. :lol:

Ghaddafi? Oh dear...
A leader of a country of what, 6-7 million people?
Iran is a country of 80 million people, with a well educated population.
Gaddafi had a artificial nuclear "kit", which was of no value.

We have an industrial infrastructure and a large scientific base. To compare that to Libya is a joke. We have strategic nuclear deterrence, Libya had nothing of the sort. Not even close to it.
You can not be serious. :lol:
Yea, but only 45% of Iran is ethnic Farsi :lol:

Thanks for the link, seems like an interesting read. It's safe to assume Turkey has already given up on joining the EU, nor will EU allow Turkey in. That leaves us with searching for more rapprochement/influence in the ME and CA. To be honest, i don't have high hopes for long lasting truly positive and trustworthy ties with nor Iran nor Russia, for if Turkey wants to have truly good ties with Iran we probably would have to go out of our way and stop meddling with the ME and CA (give influence market share to Iran). However, Turkey turning its focus and exerting influence in the ME and CA will mean direct confrontation with Iran and/or Russia's influence, which we already can see in Syria and definitely see again if, for example, Azerbaijan and Armenia go to war.

Agreed.
I think it is a matter of priorities and whom is considered a bigger threat. In the long run I also can't see a significant animosity between the three. The fact is that given the current circumstances all three are reliant on each other. For example Iran is a secure source of energy for Turkey and Turkey has always been a help in recent years linking us with the west and kind of help us move around the sanctions. With the sanctions, Russia needs all the friends that it can get and who is better than Iran who is also sanctioned and Turkey who is Russian key to using its naval forces in Black Sea. I think we should expect a relation like that of Imperial France and Britain back in 19th. They were usually aligned in European affairs but also competed in the rest of the world for more colonies.

Well, we also want to buy energy from Iran but I don't think Iran will have a say between our relationship with Turkic countries. Iran wants Turkey to stop doing business with Azerbaijan and Turkic countries beyond. I think Iran will have to learn its place otherwise it can get out of hand.

Yea, but only 45% of Iran is ethnic Farsi :lol:

lol again with the race. Clearly someone does not understand the concept of a nation state.
Iran is more stable than Turkey (with its lovely PKK roaming about) even under sanctions.
Especially with Turkey's support of salafists in bordering Syria.

We are just gonna have to split Turkey up in Kurdistan, Alavistan, Secular Turk and religious Ottoman. lol

Agreed.
I think it is a matter of priorities and whom is considered a bigger threat. In the long run I also can't see a significant animosity between the three. The fact is that given the current circumstances all three are reliant on each other. For example Iran is a secure source of energy for Turkey and Turkey has always been a help in recent years linking us with the west and kind of help us move around the sanctions. With the sanctions, Russia needs all the friends that it can get and who is better than Iran who is also sanctioned and Turkey who is Russian key to using its naval forces in Black Sea. I think we should expect a relation like that of Imperial France and Britain back in 19th. They were usually aligned in European affairs but also competed in the rest of the world for more colonies.
I think Iran and Turkey are doomed to be rivals. If Turkey focuses on ties with the EU/west and maintaining Nato ties, Iran will be suspicious. If Turkey plays the ME (sunni Islam or 'Ottoman') card, Iran won't like it. If Turkey goes for more pro-Turkic policies, Iran again won't like it for obvious reasons. That's why I think it will be hard for our countries to build up a truly trustworthy relationship. if Iran and Turkey could come to terms and diplomatically divide influence instead of pursuing goals that might increase the chance of bigger conflicts, it would be better, but knowing each other's rivalry and mistrust, the former won't work out.

Well, we also want to buy energy from Iran but I don't think Iran will have a say between our relationship with Turkic countries. Iran wants Turkey to stop doing business with Azerbaijan and Turkic countries beyond. I think Iran will have to learn its place otherwise it can get out of hand.
Same counts for Russia. this Iran-Russia-Turkey triangle will only work if Turkey's influence in the ME, Caucasus and CA is going to be respected and tolerated to a degree by Iran and Russia, otherwise i don't get why Turkey should appease these countries by standing by them when they are in a pinch without any serious return of favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom