What's new

RECEP TAYYIP ERDOGAN is he that bad?

ALL good leaders in history have an Autocratic side to their personality.... (Otherwise they would fail)... Ataturk, Napoleon, Alexander The Great, Genghis Khan (Timucin) they all had it... If he can curb the religious side to his character, Erdogan is doing wonders for Turkey that no other politician has done since Ataturk...
The problem most have with erdogan is his religious side he is destroying the Turkish Republic and wants to build an Islamic Nation were Turks are the same as everyone else.
If he wants to live like that he should go to Saudi-Arabia my people didnt sacrificied themselves so he can build his own Ottoman empire.But the Turkish people are like sheeps.....

469144.jpg

The problem most have with erdogan is his religious side he is destroying the Turkish Republic and wants to build an Islamic Nation were Turks are the same as everyone else.
If he wants to live like that he should go to Saudi-Arabia my people didnt sacrificied themselves so he can build his own Ottoman empire.But the Turkish people are like sheeps.....
Nah, the problem most people have with Erdogan is that he isn't from a certain political party or ideology.

And because of this, they come up with fear inducing news/propaganda (Islamic nation/ending of republic etc.), half truths about statistics and/or focus on Erdogan's mistake's or bad policies to try and turn public opinion against him. And I am not blaming anyone here by the way, this is the essence of politics not just in Turkey, but in any country.

By the way Ahiska, thanks for calling me and my people 'sheep', much appreciated. /sarcasm

Nah, the problem most people have with Erdogan is that he isn't from a certain political party or ideology.

And because of this, they come up with fear inducing news/propaganda (Islamic nation/ending of republic etc.), half truths about statistics and/or focus on Erdogan's mistake's or bad policies to try and turn public opinion against him. And I am not blaming anyone here by the way, this is the essence of politics not just in Turkey, but in any country.

By the way Ahiska, thanks for calling me and my people 'sheep', much appreciated. /sarcasm

The name sheep is really good for most of the AKP voters just like many of the CHP voters.,
AKP voters look at erdogans economic succes and think they are better muslims when they immitate arabs.
CHP voters (not all) vote only for CHP because it was Atatürks party but you cannot vote for someone when you dont even know what they want to do.
Before someone says something im not a Turkish citizen so my opinion is only based on things i heard and read.
And im literally biased towards my people like my name says so you would know which party i would vote for.

You ruined the sarcasm by mentioning it man... :cheesy: :woot:

The name sheep is really good for most of the AKP voters just like many of the CHP voters.,
AKP voters look at erdogans economic succes and think they are better muslims when they immitate arabs.
CHP voters (not all) vote only for CHP because it was Atatürks party but you cannot vote for someone when you dont even know what they want to do.
Before someone says something im not a Turkish citizen so my opinion is only based on things i heard and read.
And im literally biased towards my people like my name says so you would know which party i would vote for.

Explain to me how are the Turkish citizens trying to " immitate" the arabs?

Explain to me how are the Turkish citizens trying to " immitate" the arabs?[/QUOT
They started to hate Israel.
I never saw so many burkas and headscarves in Turkey.
Selling the Quran everywhere and even on Television.
Only telling Ottoman history eventhough it was one of the worst turkish/turkic empires ever and so on.

Turkish population always distrusted the state of israel.
People who wear the headscarf today were also wearing it ten years ago.
Selling the kuran everywhere? Dude the kuran is and will stay the most owned book in turkey. Nearl every household has one one from light religious to heavy religious.
The ottoman empire was the most succesful Turkish empire theres no way going around it.

And yet there has been not one thing you said that proves that turks are immitating arabs in anyway. I'm sick and tired that a certain part of Turkey are considering Islam as arab or any other ethnicity. The islam is not based on ethnicity in anyway. It is a religion practiced globally.

The ottoman empire was the most succesful Turkish empire theres no way going around it.
Why did the Ottomans loose all their lands then? For example the Russian empire disintegrated but they still hold on most their lands.

Why did the Ottomans loose all their lands then? For example the Russian empire disintegrated but they still hold on most their lands.

Lol if losing land makes an empire unsuccesful then Turkic people never had a succesful empire.
My statement was purely based on achiefenements and duration of the ottoman empire.

Lol if losing land makes an empire unsuccesful then Turkic people never had a succesful empire.
My statement was purely based on achiefenements and duration of the ottoman empire.

Okay, we are making progress. Now answer this: why did other empires hold on to their land we lost our lands?

And you say Ottomans had great achievements? What achievements do they left on the Balkan? They don't even speak our language anymore whereas the Russian empire did leave a mark. Everywhere Russians went they still speak Russian.

Because of the rise of nationalism, Turkish nationalism, Arabic nationalism, Armenian nationalism, Greek nationalism etc.

Sultan Abdul-Hamid Han was ousted from power by 'the young Turks', who were a nationalistic group. This group had placed another Sultan in his place, but the Young Turks still had a lot or most of the political power. Because of greed of taking back the lands they had lost, they participated in World War 1, which ended up in Ottoman empire losing even more ground.

Ottoman empire could've held on to a lot more land if it didn't participate in World War 1. I believe the beginning of the end for the Ottoman empire was the ousting of Sultan Abdul-Hamid Han from power.

Personally I am not blaming anyone. What happened has happened. We just need to know our history and make sure we don't make the same mistake's.

Okay, we are making progress. Now answer this: why did other empires hold on to their land we lost our lands?

And you say Ottomans had great achievements? What achievements do they left on the Balkan? They don't even speak our language anymore whereas the Russian empire did leave a mark. Everywhere Russians went they still speak Russian.
Because the Ottomans weren't totalitarians or imperialists. And that is what made the Ottoman's great.

Back
Top Bottom