What's new

Rebuilding Pakistan Navy Aviation.

Nukilla

You fail to understand what "Strategic partnership" mean in the context of Israel and India to the US -- but live and learn - We will continue to live under this threat, with the sword at our throats (slings and arrows of outrageous fortune) unless of course, (by opposing end them) - which is nobler, for Pakistanis to decide

We have been living under this threat for quite sometime now, and I am sure that folks in the higher echelons have some kind of plan for this.

But there isn't much we could do if this group of countries did decide to jump on us. Pak just can't match US power at this time, or counter it, be it through military means or others.

We have been living under this threat for quite sometime now, and I am sure that folks in the higher echelons have some kind of plan for this.

But there isn't much we could do if this group of countries did decide to jump on us. Pak just can't match US power at this time, or counter it, be it through military means or others.

This is exactly the attitude I was referring to in my earlier post - BTW, you are mistaken on both counts - folks at higher echelons? which folks are these? the one that gave us Mehran?? that allow Kamra, even when the fact that these installations were going to be attacked was published int he freaking newspapers, those higher echelons? Be real, mere Saeb.

As for this attitude where w tell ourselves, we have no option but to enjoy the rape, again, you are much mistaken.

Your opinion?
If PN was starting from absolute scratch, but had the same budget it does not. What force structure would you recommend?

Well, obviously some attention to IN but with the realization that head-to-head IN will always have numerical advantage. In addition to IN, focus on SLOC in general i.e. anti-piracy ops a long way from home. I'ld end up pretty much with a similar for structure: 3-6 subs, 6-12 (light)frigates and corvettes, a bunch (maybe a dozen) of coastal craft and some mine hunters. Just because IN will have superior numbers doesn't mean all other tasks short of combat with IN willl go away.

One depth charge? what the heck.

P-3C Orion Weapons:
Armament
Guns: None
Hardpoints: 10 wing stations in total (3x on each wing and 2x on each wing root) and eight internal bomb bay stations with a capacity of 20,000 lb (9,100 kg)[1] and provisions to carry combinations of:
Rockets: None
Missiles: ***Air-to-surface missile: AGM-65 Maverick, AGM-84 Harpoon, AGM-84 Standoff Land Attack Missile (SLAM-ER)[1]
Bombs: ***Depth charges, MK20 Rockeye, MK80 Series (MK82, MK83, MK84) general purpose bombs, B57 nuclear bomb (US service only, retired 1993)
Other: ***Mk 44 (mostly retired from service), Mk 46,[1] Mk 50, Mk 54 or MU90 Impact torpedoes
Mk 25, Mk 39, Mk 55, Mk 56, Mk 60 CAPTOR or Mk 65 Quickstrike naval mines[66]
Stonefish naval mine (in Australian service)
Active and passive Sonobuoys

Westland Sea King
Armament
4× Mark 44, Mark 46 or Sting Ray torpedos, or 4× Depth charges

Westland Sea Lynx
Armament
Naval: 2 x torpedoes or 4x Sea Skua missiles or 2 x depth charges.
Attack: 2 x 20mm cannons, 2 x 70mm rocket pods CRV7, 8 x TOW ATGM[71]
General: 7.62mm General Purpose Machine Guns (AH.7 and AH.9), Browning AN/M3M .50 calibre heavy machine gun (HAS.3 and HMA.8)

This is exactly the attitude I was referring to in my earlier post - BTW, you are mistaken on both counts - folks at higher echelons? which folks are these? the one that gave us Mehran?? that allow Kamra, even when the fact that these installations were going to be attacked was published int he freaking newspapers, those higher echelons? Be real, mere Saeb.

As for this attitude where w tell ourselves, we have no option but to enjoy the rape, again, you are much mistaken.

Muse, ma man!

Where have you been? Hibernating? :P I always enjoy your posts.

Where is Sapper, someone bring him back as well!

All the best !

These folks are what we unfortunately have at this moment.

417053_453466254688802_1712865827_n.jpg

which bomb is for Z-9

By comparison, same weapon on Alouette III of PN (IN uses similar weapon on similar chopper Hal Chetak, see ACIG Exclusives : Aero India 2005)

attachment.php

By comparison, Alouette III with lightweight ASW torpedo. And Z-9E with chinese ET-52C ASW torpedo
2950937700_4548272b5b.jpg
Aloutte+III+armado+con+torpedo+DDD_64+foro+Naval+a.jpg
[/IMG]
1261556546140.jpg

Three of the weapons used by the Sea Lynx helicopter. The top-far object is an air dropped Stingray ASW torpedo, in the middle is a Sea Skua light anti-ship missile, and bottom/forground is a helicopter dropped depth charge.
man15.jpg

This WASP carries a Mk44 ASW torpedo (back) and a depthcharge (front). As you can see, the DC is much smaller than the torp.
Wasp.JPG

I´m inclined to think it is a British Mk11 DC
http://c69011.r11.cf3.rackcdn.com/47ed4d6e474f47389c950b6e80684a44-0x0.jpg
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42347&#entry449160 (2 pics)

This is the DESTO (Defence Science & Technology Organization) manufactured ‘Sea Surge’ air launched anti-submarine depth charge at the IDEAS 2002 – Defence Exhibition
desto-defence-science-technology-organization-manufactured-sea-surge-which-is-an-air-launched-anti-submarine-depth-charge.jpg

Copyright: Usman Shabbir

The Defence Science and Technology Organization, best known as DESTO, is a government agency of responsible for the development military technology use by the military, as well as promotion of military funding of science, located in Rawalpindi, Punjab province of Pakistan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_Science_and_Technology_Organization

Not to be confused with the Australian counterpart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_Science_and_Technology_Organisation

Is Pakistani navy inducting some submarines anytime soon? A lethal submarine punch is the best thing a small naval force like PN can have.

Are there any plans to transfer the Jet Squadron (Mirages) completely to PN that currently is operated for it by the PAF?

I am quite sure that then the PAF might have gone for 7 Saab-2000 AEW&Cs(for PAF and Navy) along with 11 Saab-2000 MPAs and 5-7 Saab-340 MSAs that would have help replace the older fleet.

These folks are what we unfortunately have at this moment.

Lot of security structure updates already done & in place, anything thrown again will be engaged & destroyed!
Well, those attacks brought real day practice & what we really lacking was, todys PN chief is a hawk, thts what I can tell you,
For now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom