What's new

Rebellious officers move to end Indian hegemony in Bangladesh

obama also does this .. Everyone picks their version which suits their goal. Our job is to establish it, either by logic or Goebbles way!

If Munshi and Idune are your Goebbles than I can do a better job than them, but off course I would charge more than them.

It's pretty unnatural for a funtional democracy :/

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Once again the immidiate ranks below those slain officers will also be promoted during BNP era.

Bangladesh is a lot of things but a functional democracy.

this is from weekly Blitz march 9, 2009.

Meanwhile, there are indications that a number of front-ranking figures in Bangladesh Awami League may also be arrested soon for their involvement behind the BDR Massacre in Dhaka. State Minister Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Parliamentary Whip Mirza Azam [brother-in-law of Islamist militancy kingpin Shaikh Abdur Rahman], Haji Mockbull, Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir, Abdul Jalil, Shamim Osman and several more are already in the suspect list of the investigators. There is a specific eye of the investigators on Mirza Azam when the case of murder of Colonel Gulzar Uddin Ahmed turned public. Gulzar, one of the brightest army officers who were killed in the "armed rebellion", is best known for his efficient detection and operations against Islamist militants and terrorists. He was the man behind arrest of Jamaatul Mujahedin kingpin Shaikh Abdur Rahman. Gulzar was known as one of the brightest army officers of the country. Because of his knowledge about the militants' network, Gulzar was a revered name in the country's law- enforcement and defence agencies. Gulzar is a legend in the anti-terrorist and anti-Islamist drives. His skill, professionalism, knowledge and sincerity are beyond question. His commitment was unparallel. He was all along a resourceful and professional officer in regards to militancy, terrorism or any heinous acts. He was honest down to the core." As the Awami League government's explicit commitments include a fight against terrorism and religious extremists, it was expected that the government would benefit from Gulzar's skills and knowledge on the matter. But he was transferred to BDR as the commander of Sylhet Sector at the end of January. Colonel Gulzar's voice was last heard by friends and colleagues over cellphone when the killings began inside the Pilkhana Headquarters around 9:00am. Killers smashed his body. "Some of his relatives were too afraid to see the decomposing, ruined body," says a rescuer. "Those who saw his body said his eyes might have been gouged out; his spinal cord was broken and his body bears the mark of terrible torture. Apparently, he was killed by gunshots," the rescuer adds. A family member said his face was bloated. "It was impossible for anyone to recognise him from seeing that face." On February 25, when the mutiny degenerated into a bloodbath inside the BDR HQ, Gulzar had no time to call his family. He last saw his family members at his Dhaka home earlier that morning. In a frantic bid to resist the "mutineers", Gulzar called his former colleagues at the Rapid Action Battalion [RAB] repeatedly, seeking help. Colonel Gulzar's father Anwar Uddin Ahmed was killed by Pakistani occupation forces during the war of independence of Bangladesh in 1971. Meanwhile, government is going to remove Home Minister Sahara Khatun from her position soon, for her severe failure in properly handling the BDR Massacre issue. State Minister for Home Affairs, Sohel Taj will also be removed from his post. There is also indication of change in the Foreign Ministry. Barrister Anisul Islam Mahmud [Member of Parliament] may replace Dr. Dipu Moni. Barrister Mahmud is expected to be included in the cabinet soon.

You have no idea how screwed Awami League will be if they lose the next election and BNP comes to power.

If Munshi and Idune are your Goebbles than I can do a better job than them, but off course I would charge more than them.
personally i think these theories are waste of time... If Raw link is true, it will come to light one day!! Begum Zia will do everything to prove this... So democracy is the answer of all this.... And of course Khaleda is not involved in this... Otherwise Hasina would take her to jail the next day!

personally i think these theories are waste of time... If Raw link is true, it will come to light one day!! Begum Zia will do everything to prove this... So democracy is the answer of all this.... And of course Khaleda is not involved in this... Otherwise Hasina would take her to jail the next day!

Begum Zia will keep quiet about pilkhana mark my words, i cant discuss it on a public forum.

Ok Bengali brothers, first you decide, You hate what?
1. India?
2. Awami Leauge?
3 or Hindus?

When I saw the first post of this topic I was appalled, how can an intellectual Bengali can write such kind of BS. I am sure the Article is written by some one who is masquerading. Some wolf in heed of sheep...

1. India?
2. Awami Leauge?
3 or Hindus?

When I saw the first post of this topic I was appalled, how can an intellectual Bengali can write such kind of BS. I am sure the Article is written by some one who is masquerading. Some wolf in heed of sheep...

I dont get it where the hatred of hindus come, we live peacefully alongside them. We do not hate India either, we hate Awami League that is India's puppet.

1. India?
2. Awami Leauge?
3 or Hindus?

Hindus?? Bangladeshi Hindus are bangladeshis also like all of us. I can show you many nationalist hindus who hates india more than Sami or Zakir.. Some days ago after Bsf selim incident, i saw a verbal war in facebook between two of my seniors in medical college : one is from mumbai khan vai defending india and another one is Avizit da washing india!!

Keep your religion with you, hater.

Hindus?? Bangladeshi Hindus are bangladeshis also like all of us. I can show you many nationalist hindus who hates india more than Sami or Zakir.. Some days ago after Bsf selim incident, i saw a verbal war in facebook between two of my seniors in medical college : one is from mumbai khan vai defending india and another one is Avizit da washing india!!

Keep your religion with you, hater.

I dont get it where the hatred of hindus come, we live peacefully alongside them. We do not hate India either, we hate Awami League that is India's puppet.

Ok so you don't hate Hindus, so left India and Current govt, Which one you hate?

I dont get it why Indians and Pakistanis make everything about hindus and muslims when it comes to Bangladesh.

india is going bust soon, its economy is as bad as the american one with it's debt. but in this case the indians have 230 million going hungry.

Again Debt

Indian Debt Characterstic

The Consolidated debt(Centre + State) level of India was at a concerning level of 78.8% of GDP at the end of March 2010(13th Finance commission).

However for determining vulnerability of Public Debt following criteria's are to be taken into account

1.Composition

2.Refinancing requirement

3.Investor Base

The attributes of central public Debt,which place it in a distinct class,making it less vulnerable are

1.The share of Sovereign public debt in total public debt was 10.8% at the end-september 2010.The bulk of Debt was from multilateral and bilateral and FII investment in Government securities accounted for less than 1% of total public debt.

2.India does not access international capital market as a sovereign entity thus refinancing risk due to foreign commercial investors are absent.

3.Domestic Debt accounts for 89.2% of total government sovereign debt.Out of this 11.5% is in form of non-marketable categories like NSS.The remaining 77.7% are marketable securities with 73.2% in date securities(long term) and 4.3% in T-Bills.

4.In dated securities banks have 51.9%,Insurance companies(mainly LIC) 22%.Given the high SLR ratio requirement for banks and the fact that majority of Banks and Insurance companies remains in Public sector,refinancing risk is minimal at best.

5.Average maturity of GoI bonds is 10 yrs,making it less vulnerable to refinancing risk.

For poor

India's population =1.2 billion

Hungry poor = 230 million

now % of hungry poor = 19%

Those 230 million hungry people come from all walks of life as it has more to do with poor diet indians follow than inability to get a meal.

Bangladeshis talking of hunger and poverty in other countries is really a wonder of the world.

It is the least developed, poorest, most corrupt and the worst HDI country in the whole of Asia. All of SAARC provide special concessions to this LDC, including India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc.

Not that we have anything against them. We wish them well.

Just that they should look in the mirror rather than talking of India or comparing themselves with India. We have nothing to do with BD. It is another neighbor as far as we are concerned and not a friendly one.

No all i am saying is Bangladesh is hella poor and india is poor, not hella poor. Thats all.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Those 230 million hungry people come from all walks of life as it has more to do with poor diet indians follow than inability to get a meal.

any source to back that claim?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom