What's new

Ready to face sanctions over gas project:Pakistan

@Dillinger
hey i remember we talked about this! Haha so as you can see, I guess Pakistan is not backing down.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dillinger
hey i remember we talked about this! Haha so as you can see, I guess Pakistan is not backing down.

Either we're exceptionally confident about getting through with this or we're exceptionally stupid; I'd favor the latter ! :blink:

@Hyperion - Yours thoughts, Milord ! :undecided:

@Dillinger

Nothing of that sort. This is just a cynical move by the PPP knowing the PML will probably form the next government (or anyone else for that matter) and faced with the harsh economic & other realities, will have to back down from this stand. Simply a case of "to hell with the country" kind of politics, as common in Pakistan as it is in India.

Even without sanction pakistan economy is performing badly. sanction has no scope to push it back further anyway

Either we're exceptionally confident about getting through with this or we're exceptionally stupid; I'd favor the latter ! :blink:

@Hyperion - Yours thoughts, Milord ! :undecided:

To be honest. I think Pakistan will get away with this one. Yes, the US would place sanctions, but a deal would be worked out. Even if not, then I still believe the US won't be too hard on Pakistan especially before 2014. Also, we have John kerry now, so someone new will be dealing with all this. Hopefully it is done in a positive way.

Janaaab hummm aaap kooo Zardari aur aaadhiii PPP donate kar deiiin tou dawa ka kaaam bhii ho jaiii gaaa ! :D

Error !! Your disease is non communicable. par hum apne doctors zaroor bhej sakte hain aapke desh me. wo sabhi viruses ka khatma kar dege

To be honest. I think Pakistan will get away with this one. Yes, the US would place sanctions, but a deal would be worked out. Even if not, then I still believe the US won't be too hard on Pakistan especially before 2014. Also, we have John kerry now, so someone new will be dealing with all this. Hopefully it is done in a positive way.

even if pak gets away the economy will be hurt.also pak doesnt the luxury of oil which iran has.

what say @Armstrong.

And I thought you considered me your brother.:cry: Thanks a lot man, Zardari will probably tie up with Rahul G and demolish this nation in little under 2 years.

he is the typical evil elder brother.:angry:

And I thought you considered me your brother.:cry: Thanks a lot man, Zardari will probably tie up with Rahul G and demolish this nation in little under 2 years.

It was tough love...just tough love, from your brother ! :lol:

@Dillinger

Depends, a lot of Pakistanis seem to think that this a pre-poll stunt and no concrete moves will emerge after the elections. That being said, on the ground, there is yet no firm signed deal. Lets wait and watch, it all depends on how serious the US is in this case. You have to remember the 2014 draw down being as it is there are a lot of countries more important to the US than Pakistan which want to see Iran crippled (SA, Israel+Turkey).

Besides you have to remember that the Pakistani economy is already under immense stress, its dependency on the IMF should have logically seen it avoid any controversial moves. A few months should see the situation gaining more clarity.

even if pak gets away the economy will be hurt.also pak doesnt the luxury of oil which iran has.

what say @Armstrong.

he is the typical evil elder brother.:angry:

Yaraaa all of these things are the symptoms of an underlying problem called 'Bad (atrocious) Governance' ! Take care of that & everything else will fall in line. Hopefully after PPP is booted out the next Government either PML N or PTI would do things better.

Back
Top Bottom