What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a pakistani diplomat had done the same in US, would he be handed over to pakistan?? i don't thinks so.
If the context was the same the diplomat would be released from custody immediately. He might be declared persona non grata and have to leave the country, or he might stay.

Or is it your position that a Pakistani diplomat should shoot a few Americans as some twisted form of revenge, like in a tit-for-tat tribal conflict? That isn't what diplomatic immunity is for. In that case I imagine a large portion of Pakistani delegation would be kicked out of the country.

Davis

Another writ petition filed by Barrister Iqbal Jafree prayed to the court to pass directions to the government to prosecute Raymond Davis for committing forgery by applying for a visa under a fake name.

Barrister Iqbal Jafree said Davis got a visa under a fake name, which made the whole process of visa doubtful and the his visa stood cancelled ab intio (from the beginning). He said no immunity obtained fraudulently enjoyed validity in anywhere in world.

He said Raymond Davis used excessive force while gunning down two Pakistanis at the Qartaba Chowk on January 27 that shifted all burden on him. He said Raymond deserved no special treatment and should be punished for killing and committing fraud.

The issuance of a passport with a fake name to Davis by the US government was telltale for us, he said. Earlier, on Feb 1, the LHC chief justice on petitions filed by Asif Hussain, Muhammad Asghar, Ahmad Masood Gujjar and Iqbal Jafree had ordered the Interior Ministry to place the name of Raymond Davis on the Exit Control List (ECL) and had sought a report till Feb 17 from the Foreign Ministry about diplomatic status of the US official, Raymond Davis.

If the context was the same the diplomat would be released from custody immediately. He might be declared persona non grata and have to leave the country, or he might stay.

R. Davis had been declared persona non grata twice while working in Peshawar earlier.
Or is it your position that a Pakistani diplomat should shoot a few Americans as some twisted form of revenge, like in a tit-for-tat tribal conflict? That isn't what diplomatic immunity is for. In that case I imagine a large portion of Pakistani delegation would be kicked out of the country.
So you means a twisted US suspect shoot two people in revenge killing. While another US staffer crushing another to death. Hence a large portion of US delegation should be kicked out of Pakistan. IS VERY TRUE

I didn't claim he was "innocent", did I?

Don't worry, Davis will get a better trial than what Aafia got... Who got jailed for 86 years for shooting from a gun that has never been fired and with a bullet that has vanished and gun powder that was non-existant, but somehow she herself got shot in the process.

That is the level of your justice system. So don't lecture us on procedures and norms. Immunity can be claimed, but it will be determined by the LHC.

Look a beggar calling us a beggar--

Economic aid - recipient 2010 Country Ranks

aidip.jpg

http://www.photius.com/rankings/economy/economic_aid_recipient_2010_0.html

Wow.. its a nice list...
India takes aid and loans from World bank, ADB.Infact more than India as a country the state governments are the ones who gets most of these aid's , which then add upto the country's list.

ADB and world bank has set up offices in here just for this i guess.
Just last year itself the Kerala government , here has completed a water supply project entirely based on aid from Japan.

Anyway its good and i expect more aid/loan to be given to local state governments on development programs..

They are more than willing to lend us, as much as we want because we repay them.... also on time..

We simply needs to ask... thats all
.:smitten::smitten:

In that case I imagine a large portion of Pakistani delegation would be kicked out of the country.

In all probability the US mission in Pakistan would be chased out and we'll hear about how special flights had to rescue them out of Pakistan if Davis walks without a trial. Americans are underestimating the fury of the people.

Actually there is plenty of doubt...The LHC has already asked the federal government to present evidence that he holds a valid visa -
Excuse me, but from what I understand the U.S. embassy says he has immunity AND the Gov't of Pakistan confirmed it. It is an administrative matter, confirmed by responsible parties without paperwork. No further documentation or legal proceedings are required. So Davis has to be released, even without official U.S. demand.

Reasonable threat has not been ascertained according to witnesses. It is based upon the fact that one of the victim carried a gun.
"Reasonable threat" doesn't need to be ascertained in order to proceed with the usual processes of diplomatic immunity. It is enough that the police arriving at the scene did not think Davis was a madman who had to be shot immediately to protect the general public. Diplomatic immunity is confirmed and the diplomat is released. Remaining legal issues may transpire without the offending diplomat's presence.

Give him some permanent head surgery. Nothing's going to happen.

We shot the British drug dealer last year, besides crying what are they going to do? We also shot Japanese and Korean drug dealers, they don't even cry.

Singapore hung Australians and whipped Americans, what happened? Nothing.

Tell Obama this: If you come to Pakistan and kill 2 people, we will arrest, try, convict and execute you too.

cool,i wish this Pakistan says it as soon as possible...........:cheers:

Don't worry, Davis will get a better trial than what Aafia got...
How is what you are proposing different from suspending diplomatic immunity entirely?

I get really tired hearing stories about Pakistani diplomats, Pakistani officials, or ordinary Pakistanis and how they cannot follow the obligations they signed on to bilaterally or under international law because they are too scared of the Pakistani people's anger. Trumpeting one's own cowardice does not make an impression that you are good but weak, rather that you are weak and bad.

This guy had no diplomatic immunity... Secondly diplomatic immunity does not mean you can kill as you please... Ludicrous argument...

i think the thread needs to calm down....dont forget that this is a discussion only,nothing to win and nothing to lose...just a free and hopefully friendly exchange of opinions...

This guy had no diplomatic immunity...
Once diplomatic immunity is granted it sticks to the person no matter what name they are using; it sticks like glue until after the person is declared persona non grata and expelled or until his government revokes his immunity.

Secondly diplomatic immunity does not mean you can kill as you please... Ludicrous argument...
"Kill as you please" is your claim, not mine.

"Kill as you please" is in your mind...Perhaps this is "reversal" and it is really the violent Islamist orientation in your mind here? The desire to treat non-Muslims as dhimmis whose every mis-step may be remedied by capital punishment at the pleasure of a Muslim? Then I can see why diplomatic immunity in this case would disturb a large part of the Pakistani populace: life doesn't conform with the hair-trigger anger they've been taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom