What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have nothing to contribute here so turn this into your rant against Muslims and off topic BS about dhimmis with your usual typical non sense...

Get a life mate...

Once diplomatic immunity is granted it sticks to the person no matter what name they are using; it sticks like glue until after the person is declared persona non grata and expelled or until his government revokes his immunity.

"Kill as you please" is your claim, not mine.

"Kill as you please" is in your mind...Perhaps this is "reversal" and it is really the violent Islamist orientation in your mind here? The desire to treat non-Muslims as dhimmis whose every mis-step may be remedied by capital punishment at the pleasure of a Muslim? Then I can see why diplomatic immunity in this case would disturb a large part of the Pakistani populace: life doesn't conform with the hair-trigger anger they've been taught.

You got no idea mate...Dhimis are the most protected type of citizens in any Islamic Caliphate where shariah is the law of the land,and they have a truck load of rights....Although they have to give a certain amount of tax for protection...

We are not discussing Islamic laws here or are we? Why mention Dhimmi?
I can understand you may be a young patriotic American who is peeved about the Davis issue,but this is not the way..

Another thing is that if you compare your media and ours,you will know who is hate mongering against whom....

In all probability the US mission in Pakistan would be chased out and we'll hear about how special flights had to rescue them out of Pakistan if Davis walks without a trial. Americans are underestimating the fury of the people.

Asim: May I please ask for some detail of the tangible evidence that leads you to make such a determination of probabilities of these adverse outcomes, so that I may understand your reasoning a bit better?

I don't see much point in U.S. officials venturing outside their residences or workplaces at the moment. Without effective diplomatic immunity or protection they would immediately be an attractive target for robbers and kidnappers. I suspect a great many of America's diplomats could soon be recalled for their own safety. That would make administering U.S.-Pakistan relations very difficult.

The diplomats of other countries in Pakistan are probably quite concerned right now. Clearly their own persons may also soon be at great risk.

The Dean of the Diplomatic Corps in a country's capital is the foreign diplomat who has served the longest at ambassador rank in the country, regardless of nationality. Usually he is just a polite fixture at diplomatic functions, but he is usually the collective spokesman on such matters. I don't know who that is in Islamabad or what country he or she would be from, but has this person said anything yet?

Asim: May I please ask for some detail of the tangible evidence that leads you to make such a determination of probabilities of these adverse outcomes, so that I may understand your reasoning a bit better?

That is what the protestors said they would do. Especially the families... They are giving these sort of statement daily to a mob of angry protestors on Qurtaba Chowk.

US Consulate to be besieged | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

The families said this at a joint press briefing at Qartaba Chowk on Wednesday and demanded to charge Raymond Davis as per Anti Terrorism Act. Demanding to hang Raymond Davis, they vowed to take a protest rally to the US Consulate and besiege it.

That is what the protestors said they would do. Especially the families... They are giving these sort of statement daily to a mob of angry protestors on Qurtaba Chowk.

US Consulate to be besieged | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

I see. Do you really think that a US consulate will allowed to be run over by law enforcement agencies (including the armed forces agencies) in this manner and then be able to deal with all the inevitable fallout?

How is what you are proposing different from suspending diplomatic immunity entirely?

I get really tired hearing stories about Pakistani diplomats, Pakistani officials, or ordinary Pakistanis and how they cannot follow the obligations they signed on to bilaterally or under international law because they are too scared of the Pakistani people's anger. Trumpeting one's own cowardice does not make an impression that you are good but weak, rather that you are weak and bad.

You're saying there is immunity, I'm saying there's not. Who will decide? Courts. Note, deciding immunity is not the same as putting him up on a double murder trial. That will happen after no immunity is proven.

Right now the courts are not even sure this guy is Raymond Davis. That case is going on and probably we'll know for sure on Feb 17th. You guys are just continuously harping on the mantra "Let him go, let him go, let him go". Why? Immunity has to be proven.

Even in the US, the courts have decided upon immunity whenever there has been doubt.

I see. Do you really think that a US consulate will allowed to be run over by law enforcement agencies (including the armed forces agencies) in this manner and then be able to deal with all the inevitable fallout?

I don't think the Armed forces would get involved. But yes when something like that happens, the important people will get safe passage out... I didn't say they'd be beheaded on Qurtaba chowk or something, they'll be chased out.

We are not discussing Islamic laws here or are we? Why mention Dhimmi?
I was speculating as to what exactly was transpiring in the mind of Muhammed.

I can understand you may be a young patriotic American who is peeved about the Davis issue,but this is not the way..
I have to live with the fact that there are diplomats with immunity in my home town. They get to commit criminal acts from misdemeanors to felonies, probably very often with criminal intent, but without being subject to prosecution. I'm not asking Pakistanis to live under any greater burden than I have myself.

Another thing is that if you compare your media and ours,you will know who is hate mongering against whom....
Which American newspapers do you read and TV news shows do you watch that you can suggest this?

I don't think the Armed forces would get involved. But yes when something like that happens, the important people will get safe passage out... I didn't say they'd be beheaded on Qurtaba chowk or something, they'll be chased out.

Do you really think with such important implications of what you fear might happen, the armed forces will be able to remain aloof from the aftermath?

This relationship we have with Pakistan is really something eles.....

I advise Pakistan to please continue to work with us in the region

The desire to treat non-Muslims as dhimmis whose every mis-step may be remedied by capital punishment at the pleasure of a Muslim?

As opposed to the desire to kill with impunity all over the world? Why doesn't the US waive immunity? Nobody has asked for capital punishment, only put him through a trial, let the courts release him. That way a precedent would be set, whereby Americans won't be able to sneak in spies, they'll know a huge mess awaits them in Pakistan, it would act as a deterrent. Even if he is tried and released.

The trial is so much more important than the verdict.

You're saying there is immunity, I'm saying there's not. Who will decide? Courts.
Courts don't decide diplomatic immunity. If this goes to a court then it isn't diplomatic immunity.

Even in the US, the courts have decided upon immunity whenever there has been doubt.
I have never heard of this. Give me details so I can take a diplomat to court the next time he dings my car!

Do you really think with such important implications of what you fear might happen, the armed forces will be able to remain aloof from the aftermath?

They didn't step in when the Long March was heading to besiege the Shahra-e-Dastoor. What will they do? Fire upon its own people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom