What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
please for god sake cut our aid and i beg from USA never ever give us aid anymore . all aid go to looters and cheaters of GOV and all loses face the nation:taz:

I am shocked!!!!

Pakistan’s debt reached US$117 billion & it’s still growing

It’s a huge amount

Can anyone tell me who is the finance minister in Pakistan, What he is doing regarding this huge debt burden?

Why Geo news and other channels are not giving space to that suicide incident. Surprisingly dawn news did much better than the other channels.

Yes but only when the sender govt. approves to lift the diplomatic immunity.

The US is unwilling in this case.

Pakistan should make the formal request for waiver and have the US on record as denying the waiver for an accused double murderer before the courts determined his guilt or innocence.

Do they support the rule of law, or special treatment for their killers?

Diplomatic immunity is the issue. Two criminals, robbers, stick up artists are the ones who put upon Mr. Davis, not vice versa.

Crime as a way of life is a sad way to make a living for your family in Pakistan. The vast majority of Pakistanis are honest, hardworking, and don't go around with illegal loaded guns sticking up honest Pakistani gentlemen, then moments later an American with diplomatic immunity.

Lahore's crime rate increased over 15% from 2009 to 2010. The atmosphere in Lahore is saddened by a combination of rising lawlessness and increasing acts of suicide bombers. I have great pity for the people of Lahore who are faced with such an atmosphere daily.

Why Geo news and other channels are not giving space to that suicide incident. Surprisingly dawn news did much better than the other channels.

The rhetoric that some sections of the press are intentionally spreading will die down: certain parties will see to it that such restraint is implemented.

Pakistan should make the formal request for waiver and have the US on record as denying the waiver for an accused double murderer before the courts determined his guilt or innocence.

Look your point has two fallacies.

1. It will not achieve much apart from some face saving for the troubled GoP.

2. Mr. Davis' case, solely on self-defence grounds, is pretty solid.

Diplomatic immunity is the issue. Two criminals, robbers, stick up artists are the ones who put upon Mr. Davis, not vice versa.
I am sorry but this has yet to be proven in the court.

Crime as a way of life is a sad way to make a living for your family in Pakistan.

Lahore's crime rate increased over 15% from 2009 to 2010. The atmosphere in Lahore is saddened by a combination of rising lawlessness and increasing acts of suicide bombers. I have great pity for the people of Lahore who are faced with such an atmosphere daily.

16,204 Murders in US in a year.

Murders (most recent) by country

No, the issue is to let the courts decide his guilt or innocence, like any other accused double murderer would face. If the US feels strongly, they can offer to send an American forensics team to work alongside Pakistani police.

Crime as a way of life is a sad way to make a living for your family in Pakistan.

Crime occurs all over the world. It doesn't excuse trigger-happy whackjobs going around shooting people because they are paranoid.

The vast majority of Pakistanis are honest, hardworking

Spare us this condescending footnote in all your posts. We know exactly how you feel about Pakistan and Pakistanis.

Look your point has two fallacies.

1. It will not achieve much apart from some face saving for the troubled GoP.

2. Mr. Davis' case, solely on self-defence grounds, is pretty solid.

How exactly is that a 'fallacy'?

1. It will put the US on record as bypassing the rule of law for a double accused murderer.

2. No case is solid until the court delivers its verdict. If the US is so confident in their case, why not let justice take its course?

You're failing to see the larger picture my friend.

It's not the US which will suffer, it will be Pakistan and most importantly, Pakistan's economy.

Sanctions always lead to the down fall of the economy, but it will reduce the losses we are suffering from WoT, we survived the sanctions before, no big deal in it, but the question is why the hell will USA put sanctions on Pakistan because of one man Davis? The talk is of cutting aid isn't it?

If it was meant to be a free piece of advice to US from your part, then Ok, but too much assumption can lead to wrong implications.

Pakistan will not be the only one which will suffer, the whole Afghanistan will suffer, we did a very good job in containing the talibs threat before, we can do it again :whistle:
Back to the old equation it will be.. :azn:
Only difference is this time Pakistan is a Nuclear Armed State and no body takes risks with a nuclear State, nor any one will want it to fail.

Last edited:
US' patience with Pakistan seems to be running out.

Interesting manner of framing the issue, since it is not Pakistan that has intelligence agents, who obtained visa's on fraudulent identities, running around the US shooting down American citizens in broad daylight in the streets, and then refusing to allow the legal system to function and determine the status of the accused.

It is an indication of the distorted world we live in, that the 'guilty/offending party' can take umbrage at the victim's attempts to seek justice for a crime.

I am shocked!!!!

Pakistan’s debt reached US$117 billion & it’s still growing

It’s a huge amount

Can anyone tell me who is the finance minister in Pakistan, What he is doing regarding this huge debt burden?
The finance minister has made recommendations on increasing revenue and cutting expenses - the problem is that there is no political will to implement the recommendations.

How exactly is that a 'fallacy'?

1. It will put the US on record as bypassing the rule of law for a double accused murderer.

2. No case is solid until the court delivers its verdict. If the US is so confident in their case, why not let justice take its course?

If justice were to take its own course, Davis would never have been arrested in the first place.

You want to play justice-justice? How about starting with upholding your international commitments first?

Vienna convention comes to mind.

You have illegally arrested a person claiming diplomatic immunity when you couldn't as per your international obligations and now you are talking about justice. Ironical, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom