What's new

Ravi Kishan-If Muslim countries can have a state religion then so can India.

Well Indians have a right to choose this if they wish it to be so. Although for many of us not tinted with biasness, it is a validated of Jinnah's (rh) two (or multiple) nations theory. The Hindus have the majority, and I think some of the other religious minorities will support it, (Jains, and buddhists for example), but I wonder what legal protection will be extended to non Hindu minorities. Will India just become a mirror copy of Pakistan with legal laws barring non hindus from holding certain offices, or will it be more attuned to ensuring all further laws are subservient to Hindu scriptures/feelings etc?
Pakistan has extreme regulation when it comes to non muslims holding government positions. In Pakistan minorities can not even become Police chief, Governor, Mayor of a city, army officer with the rank Lieutenant General etc.

Many countries have restrictions when it comes to minorities holding public office but Pakistan's restrictions are archaic and too extreme.

Even last year a Ahmadiya was removed from economic advisory board which is a petty government position. Multan bar council declared that non muslims cannot join election.

you said ''backward theocratic muslim states'', now you are giving examples of wahaabism, how mizraahi jews got finished in saudi arabia (where are kohin jews of india for that matter) ignoring how many hindu indians work and earn in saudi arabia.

regards
Duh, man. You even read the statement? Unless "free floating oil". If you think Saudis are the epitome of human progress then so be it.

Pakistan has extreme regulation when it comes to non muslims holding government positions. In Pakistan minorities can not even become Police chief, Governor, Mayor of a city, army officer with the rank Lieutenant General etc.

That's not actually true. Apart from the top most leadership positions, there are no legal barriers to achieving these ranks.

Many countries have restrictions when it comes to minorities holding public office but Pakistan's restrictions are archaic and too extreme.

My question is, which model will this Hindu Republic follows if it comes to be?

Even last year a Ahmadiya was removed from economic advisory board which is a petty government position. Multan bar council declared that non muslims cannot join election.

He was not removed due to any legal cover, but due to pressure from right wing religious fanatics hell bent on creating strife and spreading intolerance.

Will a Hindu Republic ensure only Hindus take leadership roles? What will the constitution of this republic look like?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Could me out of your team.

We are Indian. We just disagree with the policies of the current government and the treatment of its Muslim minorities over the years.

Standing up for injustice does not mean you abandon your identity.

I too carry an Indian flag.

Jinnah too was part of Congress even as he led All India Muslim League.

We should always keep our goal/option of creating new Pakistans on the table.

The onus is on the Hindus to offer us a better deal before we take it off the table.

That's not actually true. Apart from the top most leadership positions, there are no legal barriers to achieving these ranks.

My question is, which model will this Hindu Republic follows if it comes to be?

He was not removed due to any legal cover, but due to pressure from right wing religious fanatics hell bent on creating strife and spreading intolerance.

Will a Hindu Republic ensure only Hindus take leadership roles? What will the constitution of this republic look like?
What do you mean by leadership roles in the first place? For example a Central Bank Governor is the leader of a country's banking sector

Duh, man. You even read the statement? Unless "free floating oil". If you think Saudis are the epitome of human progress then so be it.

They're surely better than India. People don't have to walk hundreds of miles to their villages or die of food shortages and polluted shit infested water.

What do you mean by leadership roles in the first place? For example a Central Bank Governor is the leader of a country's banking sector

Yeah that's a good example. Others would include: President, Prime Minister, Chief of Army Staff, Ministers of state etc. Will these be reserved for Hindus only?

You didn't answer about the laws. Will the laws of the republic be influenced by Hindu scriptures?

Yeah that's a good example. Others would include: President, Prime Minister, Chief of Army Staff, Ministers of state etc. Will these be reserved for Hindus only?

You didn't answer about the laws. Will the laws of the republic be influenced by Hindu scriptures?

Sirjee, we should encourage a Hindu rashtra. Hindus are incapable of running a country (except for the secular minded Nehruvians). They are far too superstitious and primitive. They will drive India into the ground.

Sirjee, we should encourage a Hindu rashtra. Hindus are incapable of running a country (except for the secular minded Nehruvians). They are far too superstitious and primitive. They will drive India into the ground.

I don't have anything particularly against the idea of it, I am more interested in how minorities will be treated in such a state. Anytime a state panders to the majority, it leads to alienation and persecution for the rest.

That said, as a Pakistani, I'd be a happy if India went down that road, but as a human being, I oppose it in principal as it will lead to more bloodshed and oppression.

They're surely better than India. People don't have to walk hundreds of miles to their villages or die of food shortages and polluted shit infested water.
Yeah, without oil, they would have been just another Yemen.

I too carry an Indian flag.

Jinnah too was part of Congress even as he led All India Muslim League.

We should always keep our goal/option of creating new Pakistans on the table.

The onus is on the Hindus to offer us a better deal before we take it off the table.

Why don't you go to Nagpur and negotiate. You surely must know everyone there on a first name basis.

I don't have anything particularly against the idea of it, I am more interested in how minorities will be treated in such a state. Anytime a state panders to the majority, it leads to alienation and persecution for the rest.

That said, as a Pakistani, I'd be a happy if India went down that road, but as a human being, I oppose it in principal as it will lead to more bloodshed and oppression.

I can understand where you're coming from. My heart bleeds, I wish I could do something. If not anything else, at least help in repatration of your community members (and other minorities) away from the extremists. I plan to do that, once I get financially strong enough.

Why don't you go to Nagpur and negotiate. You surely must know everyone there on a first name basis.

Nah. I want to make the people in Nagpur to come to me with a begging bowl.

Back
Top Bottom