What's new

Ravi Kishan-If Muslim countries can have a state religion then so can India.

Yeah, without oil, they would have been just another Yemen.

Jordan, Morocco, Egypt? In sab ke paas tou oil nahi hai na. Kahan sunnay ko mila ke migrants 900km paidal chal ke wapis gaon jaa rahay hain.

The level of human misery in India is on a whole other level boy. Even in a "rentier" state as your think tanks like to call us, the government arranged conveyance for villagers. Nobody had to walk home or die of starvation along the way.

Gautam Buddha was born a Hindu.

Fact.

@Juggernaut_Flat_Plane_V8

Bollocks.

The Arabs surrounding Muhammad were never converts.

They were and will remain for all time (till Islam does) tge original Muslims.

Divine.

All else was manmade imperislism. Inorganic spread in a clash for numbers by an infant idea.

This is the golden truth of Prophets.

They are born to a people.

Of and from their people.

At the time of their greatest need.

And when they are ready to assimilate the message of God.

The grey area in this is those converted during the life of a Prophet. Before his passing.

You guys are converts.

And as a Pukhtun you are a second degree convert.

Which means you've been converted by the converted.

Our B team.

Kamjor khoon Behdin commoners.
Bollocks yourself.
All the Prophet's companions were converts.
Some of them were his greatest enemies before they converted from idolatry to become his closest companions.
It was the Prophet that was the receiver of the divine message, he was the only one that could communicate that divine message to any second person in the first instance. Before this time no one could have had any knowledge of the Quranic concept of Islam.
Therefore, any person who accepted Islam after the revelation of the Qur'an was a convert from whatever his prior beliefs were.
We are all converts, only question is how far back in history we converted.

Jordan, Morocco, Egypt? In sab ke paas tou oil nahi hai na. Kahan sunnay ko mila ke migrants 900km paidal chal ke wapis gaon jaa rahay hain.

The level of human misery in India is on a whole other level boy. Even in a "rentier" state as your think tanks like to call us, the government arranged conveyance for villagers. Nobody had to walk home or die of starvation along the way.
I didn't meant "India stronk, Muslim weaaak", I simply pointed out the average trend between theocracy vs secularism and economic progress. The examples you quoted are still RELATIVELY liberal in freedom of religion and lastly India's macrotrends are moderately well even after Modi's stupid policies for years but will fallout if theocracy-type policies take the central role... That was the whole point, I don't what was so hard to understand.

@padamchen @Buddhistforlife

Looks like I have been called into the Buddhism vs Hinduism debate...given that I have spent 8 years of my adult life reading the Pali Suttas I would like to ask Buddhist

What were the Seven Factors of Non-Decline that Buddha said about the Vajjis?

Looks like I have been called into the Buddhism vs Hinduism debate...given that I have spent 8 years of my adult life reading the Pali Suttas I would like to ask Buddhist

Not a "versus" debate per se.

All I said was:

Gautam Buddha was a Hindu

All Indic Buddhists were Hindu first

Not so all Indic Jain's, even though in modern India the lines have blurred for want of a separate legal identity

Sikhi of course is very recent snd there is little debate that it's bor e out of Hinduism

It was not a theological debate.

My interests lie in civilization's and blood.

Not a "versus" debate per se.

All I said was:

Gautam Buddha was a Hindu

All Indic Buddhists were Hindu first

Not so all Indic Jain's, even though in modern India the lines have blurred for want of a separate legal identity

Sikhi of course is very recent snd there is little debate that it's bor e out of Hinduism

It was not a theological debate.

My interests lie in civilization's and blood.

Well Buddha's family sponsored Vedic Brahmin priests...the astrologers who foretold Buddha's future were Brahmins..If the King had not any confidence in the Brahmanic worldview why would he call Brahmin astrologers to tell his son's fate?

You cannot get anymore Hindu than that

Yes those were for kings and princes of Vajji what about that?

We don't care if Bhindia want to be a hindu country, buddhist country, or atheist county. Nepal is the only true hindu country in the world and has great relations with Pakistan as do many other countries such as Sri Lanka. We just want our lands and they can do what they like with theirs.

How your own dharmic brothers look at you:

Well Buddha's family sponsored Vedic Brahmin priests...the astrologers who foretold Buddha's future were Brahmins..If the King had not any confidence in the Brahmanic worldview why would he call Brahmin astrologers to tell his son's fate?

You cannot get anymore Hindu than that
Let me tell you something. Buddhism is a prophetic religion. That is it is related to prophecies.

Buddha is not just one. There have been 27 Buddha before Gautama Buddha. A Buddha is a enlightenment being who is born whenever the Dhamma is under attack or cease to exist.

Hindus thinks that Gautama Buddha created his own way of life after rejecting Hinduism which is false. Gautama Buddha was born into a Hindu family but he was destined to be the ultimate enlightenment being which is the Buddha.

Before Gautama Buddha there were hindus who were not familiar with the term Buddha so Buddha was never a hindu concept.

We don't care if Bhindia want to be a hindu country, buddhist country, or atheist county. Nepal is the only true hindu country in the world and has great relations with Pakistan as do many other countries such as Sri Lanka. We just want our lands and they can do what they like with theirs.

How your own dharmic brothers look at you:

Buddhism is not a dharmic or abrahamic tradition. You are categorising Buddhism which is lame. Buddhism in itself is different from faiths which came before it and after it. It is not like other faiths.

Let me tell you something. Buddhism is a prophetic religion. That is it is related to prophecies.

Buddha is not just one. There have been 27 Buddha before Gautama Buddha. A Buddha is a enlightenment being who is born whenever the Dhamma is under attack or cease to exist.

Hindus thinks that Gautama Buddha created his own way of life after rejecting Hinduism which is false. Gautama Buddha was born into a Hindu family but he was destined to be the ultimate enlightenment being which is the Buddha.

Before Gautama Buddha there were hindus who were not familiar with the term Buddha so Buddha was never a hindu concept.

Buddhism is not a dharmic or abrahamic tradition. You are categorising Buddhism which is lame. Buddhism in itself is different from faiths which came before it and after it. It is not like other faiths.

Scholars don't care what you think or believe... Buddhism, sikhism, Jainism are all dharmic religions and came from the Hinduism (native religions of India).

Buddha connected stability in the material realm to observance of Hindu rituals that the Vajji princes followed
Buddha never believed in Hindu rituals. What he followed was the culture of that particular period.

Buddhists also burn dead body like hindus. This is purely cultural as lord Buddha was born in India and Indians always burnes dead bodies.

But if you talk about faith and belief then Lord Buddha did not believe what hindus believed not even 1%. That's why he rejected the teachings of the early hindi brahmins he met while he was in the woods for 6 years.

That concept is taken from.the Jaons...there is no historical basis for the previous Buddhas...there is historical.basis for ONE previous Jain tirthankara ....are you like hardcore Buddhist or someone who also takes into account academic historical research ? Cuz else there is no point in debating

Scholars don't care what you think or believe... Buddhism, sikhism, Jainism are all dharmic religions and came from the Hinduism (native religions of India).
It depends on which scholars you talk about? Hindu scholars regularly say that Buddhism is a branch of Hinduism.

However for Europeans and Buddhists, Buddhism is a very different religion than Hinduism.

This is why the British empire categorised Buddhism as different religion and not a sect of Hinduism as they knew the reality.

It depends on which scholars you talk about? Hindu scholars regularly say that Buddhism is a branch of Hinduism.

However for Europeans and Buddhists, Buddhism is a very different religion than Hinduism.

This is why the British empire categorised Buddhism as different religion and not a sect of Hinduism as they knew the reality.

I agree that they are separate religions but they are also very similar (Like how Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are). That is why they are all from the Dharmic Branch of faiths.

Buddhism like Christianity had revolutionary figure who went against the practices of the priestly class (Buddha vs Brahmin, Jesus vs. The Jewish Rabbies)

Back
Top Bottom