What's new

Ravi Kishan-If Muslim countries can have a state religion then so can India.

That concept is taken from.the Jaons...there is no historical basis for the previous Buddhas...there is historical.basis for ONE previous Jain tirthankara ....are you like hardcore Buddhist or someone who also takes into account academic historical research ? Cuz else there is no point in debating
I am a staunch Theravada Buddhist and I am telling you what Buddhist monks said to me and what I have read in Buddhist text books.

Also let me tell you something. Hindus throughout centuries tried to assimilate Buddhists into Hinduism. Currently it is not uncommon to find Hindu thought amongst Buddhists.

Before the British empire Buddhists used to do Kartik puja, Kali puja and those things. The British came and revived the original Buddhism. Even in my family my grandma used to do Kartik Puja and Saraswati Puja at home.

Not a "versus" debate per se.

All I said was:

Gautam Buddha was a Hindu

All Indic Buddhists were Hindu first

Not so all Indic Jain's, even though in modern India the lines have blurred for want of a separate legal identity

Sikhi of course is very recent snd there is little debate that it's bor e out of Hinduism

It was not a theological debate.

My interests lie in civilization's and blood.

Just curious, do you consider yourself a part of the Hindu civilization*? Or are you a proponent of reconciliation of the split that happened thousands of years ago?

* I am not talking about being "Indian" nationality here.

Just curious, do you consider yourself a part of the Hindu civilization*? Or are you a proponent of reconciliation of the split that happened thousands of years ago?

* I am not talking about being "Indian" nationality here.

Yes I definitely think we are Hindus.

1000 years is 44 generations bro.

Look at the video @DESERT FIGHTER put up of the African Pakistani.

We talk of Iran as if it happened yesterday.

We are Hindu.

And Zoroastrianism is an Indian religion.

Till sanghis told us we are not.

Buddha connected stability in the material realm to observance of Hindu rituals that the Vajji princes followed
Also there were numerous Buddhist deities which were stolen by Hindus and they later made them their own god.

The 4 guardian deities of Buddhism are now central Hindi deities particularly Kuberu who is worshipped as a god of wealth.

Tara maa is a Buddhist Bodhisattva but now it is a important Hindu deity particularly in West Bengal.

Lord Jagannath is a depiction of Lord Buddha and Iskcon Hindus made him avataar of Vishnu.

Ramayana is from a Buddhist Jataka which again were copied by Hindus.

Also there were numerous Buddhist deities which were stolen by Hindus and they later made them their own god.

The 4 guardian deities of Buddhism are now central Hindi deities particularly Kuberu who is worshipped as a god of wealth.

Tara maa is a Buddhist Bodhisattva but now it is a important Hindu deity particularly in West Bengal.

Lord Jagannath is a depiction of Lord Buddha and Iskcon Hindus made him avataar of Vishnu.

Lol, you turned it upside down :lol:

Buddha never believed in Hindu rituals. What he followed was the culture of that particular period.

Buddhists also burn dead body like hindus. This is purely cultural as lord Buddha was born in India and Indians always burnes dead bodies.

But if you talk about faith and belief then Lord Buddha did not believe what hindus believed not even 1%. That's why he rejected the teachings of the early hindi brahmins he met while he was in the woods for 6 years.

Well the Buddhist jhanas ate built on Hindu meditation concepts of alara kalama and uddaka ramaputta ...buddhas teachers in meditation...buddhas innovation was moment to moment mindfulness aka Vipassana ...anapanasati was there from start

Deities donot matter...What matters are chronological placement of scriptures,,,4 Vedas and the first wo Upanishads, stapatha Brahmana, Jaiminiya Upanishad Brahmana pre date Buddhism even according to the strictest historical criteria..you only read Buddhist text Books...I read pure and original Pali suttas..first in English and then in Pali and then again English...cuz as a Bengali I can understand 40-50 percent of the orginal Pali

Buddhism without Hinduism makes as much sense as Christianity without Judaism----That is none

I have said this once and will say it again------Buddhism provides the best method to navigate through a Hindu conception of the Universe

Buddha never believed in Hindu rituals. What he followed was the culture of that particular period.

Buddhists also burn dead body like hindus. This is purely cultural as lord Buddha was born in India and Indians always burnes dead bodies.

But if you talk about faith and belief then Lord Buddha did not believe what hindus believed not even 1%. That's why he rejected the teachings of the early hindi brahmins he met while he was in the woods for 6 years.

Well the Buddhist jhanas ate built on Hindu meditation concepts of alara kalama and uddaka ramaputta ...buddhas teachers in meditation...buddhas innovation was moment to moment mindfulness aka Vipassana ...anapanasati was there from start

Yes I definitely think we are Hindus.

1000 years is 44 generations bro.

Look at the video @DESERT FIGHTER put up of the African Pakistani.

We talk of Iran as if it happened yesterday.

We are Hindu.

And Zoroastrianism is an Indian religion.

Till sanghis told us we are not.

Thanks for the exposition.

Well the Jews carried the reverence for Abraham (rh) and the land of Israel in their hearts for thousands of years in exile. I would not take it away from you if you still considered the same, central to your identity. Regardless, Zartosht/Zoraoster (rh) must have been a mighty man of God to inspire such loyalty and love.

Do you consider declaring India a Hindu republic to be a good idea?

Thanks for the exposition.

Well the Jews carried the reverence for Abraham (rh) and the land of Israel in their hearts for thousands of years in exile. I would not take it away from you if you still considered the same, central to your identity. Regardless, Zartosht/Zoraoster (rh) must have been a mighty man of God to inspire such loyalty and love.

Do you consider declaring India a Hindu republic to be a good idea?

No I do not.

Not in the form it is being envisaged and is evolving.

Eventually they will decide.

You cannot undo a thousand years of subjugation in less than a hundred.

Which is what is the feeding frenzy in India over the past 10 years.

He was claiming Buddhism came from Hinduism, you said Hindu stole Buddhist Gods..
Don't listen to them. Also Buddhism did not came after Hinduism this is so not true.

Hinduism during the times of lord buddha was called Vedic Hinduism. Vedic Hindus did not worship Kali, Ganesha, Shiva, Durga, Saraswati and other you name it.

Hindu god krishna came into Hinduism somewhere around the 2nd century A.D.

Mahabharata and Ramayana were also written much later after Lord Buddha's death.

The worship of Durga and Kali began in the 12th century A.D.

The modern day Hinduism is no where near as old as Buddhism.

Don't listen to them. Also Buddhism did not came after Hinduism this is so not true.

Hinduism during the times of lord buddha was called Vedic Hinduism. Vedic Hindus did not worship Kali, Ganesha, Shiva, Durga, Saraswati and other you name it.

Mahabharata and Ramayana were also written much later after Lord Buddha's death.

Both are fake. :haha:

You have a very Abrahamic way of looking at ancient belief systems linked to soil and DNA and their evolution over epochs as one glows in to another.

By your definition Zoroastrianism is not over 3500 years old.

While in actual fact it is closer to 8000.

Back
Top Bottom