What's new

Ravi Kishan-If Muslim countries can have a state religion then so can India.

Personally I can find zero evidence of anything positive to have come out of Muslim rule in India.

The Brits in comparison pulled us kicking snd screaming into the industrial age.

Im willing to debate you on this if you can get beyond standard Islamophobia rants.
Are u for real? Have u even read up on the economic standing of the subcontinent prior to and after the British rule? I'm quite often surprised by how Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis point fingers at each other and fight over all the things we have done to each other...
...all of what we did to each other pales in comparison to what the British did to us collectively.

The Mughal empire at its peak was among one of the richest on earth during its time...
Share_of_Global_GDP.gif

See that up until 1700s...it is a towering economy in the world. Then see how it goes into a decline rapidly(while the British economy rises) over the next 200 years which coincides with the British taking over.

Under the Mughals Bengal was one of the most productive provinces...
Compare that with the British...when they were trying to get a monopoly on tea(to end reliance on importing it from China)...they forcefully uprooted Bengalis and forced them to work on tea plantations in Assam. Child labor was common, the conditions were horrific, inadequate food was provided to these laborers and even clean drinking water was scarce, and disease was rampant. This was slavery...
...and then later in 1943 there was the famine of Bengal in which millions died.

Putting the above into perspective...Bengal was one of the most affluent provinces under the Mughals(when the subcontinent had one of the largest economy)...it went from such affluence to being impoverished and suffered slavery and famine.

Ur own ex prime minister Manmohan Singh has acknowledged this fact...
"There is no doubt that our grievances against the British Empire had a sound basis. As the painstaking statistical work of the Cambridge historian Angus Maddison has shown, India's share of world income collapsed from 22.6% in 1700, almost equal to Europe's share of 23.3% at that time, to as low as 3.8% in 1952. Indeed, at the beginning of the 20th century, "the brightest jewel in the British Crown" was the poorest country in the world in terms of per capita income."

Many a books and articles have been written on this subject...
...I would suggest u read those before making such outlandish claims. It is a fact that the British exploited the ppl of the subcontinent and looted it with both hands.
@Avicenna @Joe Shearer plz add to the above if u can. Doctor sahab here...thinks that the British did us a favor.

Are u for real? Have u even read up on the economic standing of the subcontinent prior to and after the British rule? I'm quite often surprised by how Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis point fingers at each other and fight over all the things we have done to each other...
...all of what we did to each other pales in comparison to what the British did to us collectively.

The Mughal empire at its peak was among one of the richest on earth during its time...
Share_of_Global_GDP.gif

See that up until 1700s...it is a towering economy in the world. Then see how it goes into a decline rapidly(while the British economy rises) over the next 200 years which coincides with the British taking over.

Compare that with the British...when they were trying to get a monopoly on tea(to end reliance on importing it from China)...they forcefully uprooted Bengalis and forced them to work on tea plantations in Assam. Child labor was common, the conditions were horrific, inadequate food was provided to these laborers and even clean drinking water was scarce, and disease was rampant. This was slavery...
...and then later in 1943 there was the famine of Bengal in which millions died.

Putting the above into perspective...Bengal was one of the most affluent provinces under the Mughals(when the subcontinent had one of the largest economy)...it went from such affluence to being impoverished and suffered slavery and famine.

"There is no doubt that our grievances against the British Empire had a sound basis. As the painstaking statistical work of the Cambridge historian Angus Maddison has shown, India's share of world income collapsed from 22.6% in 1700, almost equal to Europe's share of 23.3% at that time, to as low as 3.8% in 1952. Indeed, at the beginning of the 20th century, "the brightest jewel in the British Crown" was the poorest country in the world in terms of per capita income."

...I would suggest u read those before making such outlandish claims. It is a fact that the British exploited the ppl of the subcontinent and looted it with both hands.
@Avicenna @Joe Shearer plz add to the above if u can. Doctor sahab here...thinks that the British did us a favor.

Brilliantly composed argument, thank you very much. It was a pleasure to read it. Everyone but the brain-dead will appreciate it. The brain-dead will think that the British did us a favour. What can you do about it?

Brilliantly composed argument, thank you very much. It was a pleasure to read it. Everyone but the brain-dead will appreciate it. The brain-dead will think that the British did us a favour. What can you do about it?
Nothing can be done about it...to me this just looks like some sort of an inferiority complex. As if to say "if our British masters didn't take us to industrial age...we would've remained savages".

Share_of_Global_GDP.gif

Just look at that graph from 1820 to 1970.

Amazing what 150 years does.

As for "doc", who cares?

Not the first time he's spouted sh$t.

Cheers brah!

Share_of_Global_GDP.gif

Bollocks if you believe the Muslims did anything for the subcontinent except spread Islam.

Cheers, Doc

Bollocks if you believe the Muslims did anything for the subcontinent except spread Islam.

Cheers, Doc
"IF I BELIEVE"? Did u not see me cite sources? Do u know the difference between writing one's beliefs and listing facts?

...u r one of those flat earther types who resort to things like "that's what they want u to believe"...when presented with proof. Except even those ppl can be just chalked up to their low IQ...
...u on the other hand...u have the mental capacity...but ur issue is that of hatred...which is despicable to say the least.

I showed u proof of how the economy of India under Mughals was very prosperous...and how it went in a sharp decline coinciding with the British meddling and eventual take over. U come back with a one liner denying it and offering no proof in return.

That's some debating skills u have acquired over what 40 something years I assume. It's responses like these that make me wonder..."what on earth was I thinking wasting my time arguing with this guy?" It was my mistake...when u wrote "I'm willing to debate [how the British were far better for the subcontinent than Mughals]"...I fell for it...expecting a debate. I should've known better. No need to quote me further...go back to peddling ur RSS revisionist history and continue praising ur British masters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom