What's new

Ranjit Singh : The Quintessential Indus Man

We Pakistanis, even some Afghans, dont have a favorable view of Ranjit Singh. Sikh rule of Punjab and parts of NWFP was a black spot in the history of Punjab and NWFP for us Muslims.

Badshahi Mosque was damaged and misused during the reign of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the Sikh Ruler of the Punjab. The four domes on top of its four minarets were used by the Sikhs for cannon practice and destroyed. The Mosque was converted into a stable for the horses of Ranjit Singh's army[2] and also used as a gun powder magazine for military stores.

Badshahi Mosque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Could be, but a unified Punjab would have included most of Pakistani Punjab.

Yes Punjab should be all united including Himachal Pradesh and Haryana and should become part of PAKISTAN.

Even today theres more than 80 million Punjabis in Pakistan, a country with a total population of 175 million people and only 30 million Punjabis in India, a country with a total population of more than 1.2 billion people.

:pakistan:

Weren't the Dogras in the Lahore Durbar Sikhs as well? I believe they were converts.

Everyone was a convert. But who ever did some thing wrong can be bashed on the grounds, cause he was a convert????

That is why most converts go extreme these days to prove they are loyal to the one adopted and anti to the one just left.

For those of us who would be keen to know, a book called ' The Exile' by Navtaj Sarna gives a lucid account of history of Punjab post Ranjit singh.

We Pakistanis, even some Afghans, dont have a favorable view of Ranjit Singh. Sikh rule of Punjab and parts of NWFP was a black spot in the history of Punjab and NWFP for us Muslims.

I can understand why Afghanis don't like Sikhs, because we always fight them. But why Pakistani Punjabi muslims don't like.. I don't understand.. Sikhs treated you better than how Afghanis treated you.. infact, Afghanis sacked and pillaged Lahore so many times, stealing from the people there and raping the women there. It were Sikhs who drove Afghanis out of Punjab.. otherwise Afghanis were constantly raping Punjab..

Badshahi Mosque was damaged and misused during the reign of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the Sikh Ruler of the Punjab. The four domes on top of its four minarets were used by the Sikhs for cannon practice and destroyed. The Mosque was converted into a stable for the horses of Ranjit Singh's army[2] and also used as a gun powder magazine for military stores.

Badshahi Mosque was a construct of Aurangzeb, the one person Sikhs waged war against for longest time. We were friendly with other Mughal kings and even helped many (like Akbar and Bahadur Shah Zafar). Khalsa army even had a Muslim-only regiment. And in war of Anandpur, Sikh army even had one unit of Pathan foot soldiers fighting on their side. If we were bad with Muslims, we would not allow them to be with us. We even allowed a Muslim to lay first stone of Golden Temple!!

Everyone was a convert. But who ever did some thing wrong can be bashed on the grounds, cause he was a convert????

That is why most converts go extreme these days to prove they are loyal to the one adopted and anti to the one just left.

I didn't mean to offend anybody. I was just replying to his post where he had mentioned that Dogras were traitors to the Lahore Durbar. I pointed out that Dogras in the LD were Sikhs as well, albeit recent converts. So their treachery should be seen as the treachery of other Sikhs.

I believe you are a senior member. Could you find no better reference than Wikipedia? After a 1000 posts I thought you'd have learnt to post references.

I believe you are a senior member. Could you find no better reference than Wikipedia? After a 1000 posts I thought you'd have learnt to post references.

Contrary to the wisdom, foresight and diplomacy shown by the Begums of Bhopal, the story in some other Muslim countries, and even in our own country, was quite different. For instance in Punjab, a Muslim by the name of Abdur Rahman encouraged Lahorites to plot against the ruler, Geet Singh. Other Muslims like Mohkam Din, Mufti Mukarram, Mian Tahir, Mian Baqar helped Ranjit Singh occupy Lahore. Mohkam Din had opened the Lohari Gate for Ranjit Singh's army. Despite the fact that many Muslims were holding important positions, such as Foreign Minister Faqir Azizuddin, Ranjit Singh turned Badshahi Mosque into a stable and all other mosques met the same fate. Those Muslim collaborators and did nothing to try to stop Ranjit Singh from desecrating the mosques.

The News International - No. 1 English Newspaper from Pakistan - Thursday, March 25, 2010

Every Pakistani knows what sikhs did to our beautiful Mosques. You dont have to tell us, thankfully ranjit singh's rule didnt last long like the Muslim empires of the subcontinent did.

I can understand why Afghanis don't like Sikhs, because we always fight them. But why Pakistani Punjabi muslims don't like.. I don't understand.. Sikhs treated you better than how Afghanis treated you.. infact, Afghanis sacked and pillaged Lahore so many times, stealing from the people there and raping the women there. It were Sikhs who drove Afghanis out of Punjab.. otherwise Afghanis were constantly raping Punjab.

Another indian-made propganda. Show me proof that Afghans raped Punjabi women. Punjab was under Afghan rule only once and that was the Durrani empire. Punjab was also under most Persian empires and under the Islamic Caliphate.

Punjabi Muslims sided with the Muslim emperors and Sikhs hated the Muslim emperors even though it was the Muslim emperors who contributed most to art, architecture, clothing, and cuisine of Punjab.

During the short period of Sikh rule, Sikhs almost destroyed the Mughal architecture and almost destroyed our beautiful Mosques, most that were built under the Mughal empire. Thank God the British came afterwards, if they didnt all of our Mosques would've been destroyed by sikhs. The good thing about British were that they treated Muslims, Sikhs, and Hindus all the same...well until Mountbatten came at the end of British rule.

Yes i know it.Gosh if only Sikh Leadership had listened to Quaid-e-Azam we would had a United Punjab.

Absolutely disgusting comment! We want nothing to do with Sikh culture, religion, and tyranny! They killed millions of our brothers and sisters, and we won't forget the fact that the religion's origins are based off of opposition to Islam and the Muslims!

Take shame, why do you insult those who came before you like this! You lack honour and dignity! Read some Allama Iqbal and wake up!

I can understand why Afghanis don't like Sikhs, because we always fight them. But why Pakistani Punjabi muslims don't like.. I don't understand.. Sikhs treated you better than how Afghanis treated you.. infact, Afghanis sacked and pillaged Lahore so many times, stealing from the people there and raping the women there. It were Sikhs who drove Afghanis out of Punjab.. otherwise Afghanis were constantly raping Punjab..

Badshahi Mosque was a construct of Aurangzeb, the one person Sikhs waged war against for longest time. We were friendly with other Mughal kings and even helped many (like Akbar and Bahadur Shah Zafar). Khalsa army even had a Muslim-only regiment. And in war of Anandpur, Sikh army even had one unit of Pathan foot soldiers fighting on their side. If we were bad with Muslims, we would not allow them to be with us. We even allowed a Muslim to lay first stone of Golden Temple!!

What fallacious statements and absolute lies!

The Afghans did no such thing! On the contrary it was the Sikhs who forcefully converted low-class Hindus and raped them! The Sikhs originated as a people that stole from rich Muslim caravans, and the Mughals had to put an end to their tyranny!

The Afghans were honourable people, and the Durrani empire only suffered losses because of the war against the Persians! And the Muslims of Punjab sided with the great Afghans of that time, against the tyrannical Sikhs!

No true Muslim would support the Sikhs, you may have had a few traitors, but those were only a handful! There are many Sikhs which oppose India and hate the country, but the majority of Sikhs aren't like that!

Sikhism is the only religion which originated as an opposition to Islam and the Muslims! They persecuted and killed many Muslims and destroyed many Mosques!

Badshahi Masjid is a very holy place and a landmark of Lahore, the Sikhs made it a stable and used it to insult the Muslims and Islam!

Sikhism is based off of hatred, and the darkest period of history of Punjab belongs to those few decades of the Sikh kingdom! Ranjit Singh was a mass-murderer and killer!

The Muslim's freed India and gave tolerance and rights to the subcontinent! While the Sikhs did nothing but loot, kill, and rape low-class Hindus (and most Sikhs are descendants of these Hindus)!

Absolutely disgusting comment! We want nothing to do with Sikh culture, religion, and tyranny! They killed millions of our brothers and sisters, and we won't forget the fact that the religion's origins are based off of opposition to Islam and the Muslims!

Take shame, why do you insult those who came before you like this! You lack honour and dignity! Read some Allama Iqbal and wake up!

What fallacious statements and absolute lies!

The Afghans did no such thing! On the contrary it was the Sikhs who forcefully converted low-class Hindus and raped them! The Sikhs originated as a people that stole from rich Muslim caravans, and the Mughals had to put an end to their tyranny!

The Afghans were honourable people, and the Durrani empire only suffered losses because of the war against the Persians! And the Muslims of Punjab sided with the great Afghans of that time, against the tyrannical Sikhs!

No true Muslim would support the Sikhs, you may have had a few traitors, but those were only a handful! There are many Sikhs which oppose India and hate the country, but the majority of Sikhs aren't like that!

Sikhism is the only religion which originated as an opposition to Islam and the Muslims! They persecuted and killed many Muslims and destroyed many Mosques!

Badshahi Masjid is a very holy place and a landmark of Lahore, the Sikhs made it a stable and used it to insult the Muslims and Islam!

Sikhism is based off of hatred, and the darkest period of history of Punjab belongs to those few decades of the Sikh kingdom! Ranjit Singh was a mass-murderer and killer!

The Muslim's freed India and gave tolerance and rights to the subcontinent! While the Sikhs did nothing but loot, kill, and rape low-class Hindus (and most Sikhs are descendants of these Hindus)!

Yor rants know no end. Only if you would spend some time reading up history rather than spewing hate. :disagree:

Sorry Bro if i hurt you.I mean i have read in my college books(Standard Pakistani Syllabus) that Quaid-e-Azam did tried to Persuade Sikh Leadership to join Pakistan.I Don't know however whether it is true or not.

Back
Top Bottom