What's new

Ranjit Singh : The Quintessential Indus Man

Yes i know it.Gosh if only Sikh Leadership had listened to Quaid-e-Azam we would had a United Punjab.

I dont think my Indian friends on PDF would like me for saying it, but I do find the idea of a unified Punjab appealing. :)

I dont think my Indian friends on PDF would like me for saying it, but I do find the idea of a unified Punjab appealing. :)

Oh Finally after all these months of arguing and fighting on forum.

Finally an Indian that agrees to my view Point.

Oh Finally after all these months of arguing and fighting on forum.

Finally an Indian that agrees to my view Point.

Haha..may be we never argued on topics related to Punjab before. There's no shame in being honest. Thats what I think.

And tell you what Unified Punjab would have had the best food, best infrastructure and the best cricket and hockey teams in the subcontinent. :D

Haha..may be we never argued on topics related to Punjab before. There's no shame in being honest. Thats what I think.

And tell you what Unified Punjab would have had the best food, best infrastructure and the best cricket and hockey teams in the subcontinent. :D

Yes without any doubt also we would had the best agriculture and one of the most developed if not the most Developed Industry in Sub Continent.

Yes without any doubt also we would had the best agriculture and one of the most developed if not the most Developed Industry in Sub Continent.

Yeah but geographically we would have been a land locked country. No access to port. But I guess we could have easily bribed the Sindhis and the Gujjus for access to their ports. :lol:

And with so many Punjabis abroad, imagine the kind of influence that we'd have wielded on the West. Not to mention the dollar remittances and the FDIs.

And not to mention the armed forces. Composed of warriors with hundreds of years of war filled histories behind them. But a flip side would have been that we would have picked fights with everybody. Punjabis are hardly a peaceful lot. :D

Yeah but geographically we would have been a land locked country. No access to port. But I guess we could have easily bribed the Sindhis and the Gujjus for access to their ports. :lol:

And with so many Punjabis abroad, imagine the kind of influence that we'd have wielded on the West. Not to mention the dollar remittances and the FDIs.

And not to mention the armed forces. Composed of warriors with hundreds of years of war filled histories behind them. But a flip side would have been that we would have picked fights with everybody. Punjabis are hardly a peaceful lot. :D

Yar Come on yar you are making me restless in my chair.WOooo.

Yes and due to our Warrior Nature we would also be the first to get sophisticated defence equipment.Best in Sub Continent and even one of the best in the World.

Even Combined we might not be the Province having largest Population but still we would had the best equipment sort of like Israel and Singapore.

Not to forget our economy would be very good.

Only Drawback would lack of Seaport.But then that it is not a Major Problem many countries are landlocked still they are developed.

Yar Come on yar you are making me restless in my chair.WOooo.

Yes and due to our Warrior Nature we would also be the first to get sophisticated defence equipment.Best in Sub Continent and even one of the best in the World.

Even Combined we might not be the Province having largest Population but still we would had the best equipment sort of like Israel and Singapore.

Not to forget our economy would be very good.

Only Drawback would lack of Seaport.But then that it is not a Major Problem many countries are landlocked still they are developed.

You bet. All the above could have been possible. And what about our music. Imagine Nusrat sahb would have been singing with Gurdas Mann. What classy music we would have had.

You bet. All the above could have been possible. And what about our music. Imagine Nusrat sahb would have been singing with Gurdas Mann. What classy music we would have had.

huh yar.Nchhhh Only dreams.Nothing can be done Practically.

huh yar.Nchhhh Only dreams.Nothing can be done Practically.

Haan yaar. stupid politics. Chal I better go to sleep now. I will probably be roaming in Lahore, the capital of Unified Punjab in my dreams. :lazy:

Haan yaar. stupid politics. Chal I better go to sleep now. I will probably be roaming in Lahore, the capital of Unified Punjab in my dreams. :lazy:

Wooo you even accept Lahore Capital of Unified Punjab.I though you would insist on Jalandhar.Oh well dreams.At least no one can stop one from dreaming.

Wooo you even accept Lahore Capital of Unified Punjab.I though you would insist on Jalandhar.Oh well dreams.At least no one can stop one from dreaming.

I had to reply to your post before I could hit the bed.

Of course Lahore would be the capital if there was ever a unified Punjab. Couple of reasons for that -

1. Its the historical and cultural centre of Punjab for ages. No other city (maybe Amritsar to an extent) comes close to it.

2. Lahore was also the capital of MRS's kingdom. So its a symbolic place for the whole of Punjab.

Ok. now I am going to sleep. Gd nt.

I had to reply to your post before I could hit the bed.

Of course Lahore would be the capital if there was ever a unified Punjab. Couple of reasons for that -

1. Its the historical and cultural centre of Punjab for ages. No other city (maybe Amritsar to an extent) comes close to it.

2. Lahore was also the capital of MRS's kingdom. So its a symbolic place for the whole of Punjab.

Ok. now I am going to sleep. Gd nt.

Ok Gd Nite have sweet dreams of Unified Punjab.

man we are not ready for this lololllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. ok we will think on our terms.repablic of panjab.

True in all aspects, but would have become another playground for proxy politics similar to Kashmir......In fact, I would say more blood has been shed to retain Punjab on both sides than even Kashmir to date......In reality Punjab could be considered our Jerusalem...

The plains of Punjab have always been the gateway to Hindustan....

PS: Leave the cricket to us Marathas...:D

Back
Top Bottom