What's new

Ranjit Singh : The Quintessential Indus Man

i am not considering the converts they were sikhs after all
didn't the other dogras betrayed the sikhs? they were the ones who made sikh's weak
they murdered Sardar Chet Singh ,they passed the war plans to the british.

Well Practically if there would be a United Punjab it would have acted as a Buffer State between Muslims and Hindus.Preventing them from fighting.(I am not advocating i am just telling a theory)

Well Practically if there would be a United Punjab it would have acted as a Buffer State between Muslims and Hindus.Preventing them from fighting.(I am not advocating i am just telling a theory)

Buffer state between Muslims and Hindus? How is that different from the concept of Khalistan?

Ranjit Singh's Punjab had all 3, Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus. The first perhaps in the highest numbers.

without maharaja ranjeet singh panjab history is totally uncompleate.he was real brave honest and very kind person .its so sad many of pakistani panjab ppl don't know him.i read two very very historical books on panjab history .there is 400 pages of his life story writen in 1870 in panjabi i read and it was great great experiance to know him. i beleve he was very very kind its unbeleve able when our muslim kings give to there enemyes and crimnals very very turture and punishments like remove the eyes cut beheed them but ranjeet singh never ever do like this in his rule. many times he knock the door of a poor former he eat wih him saag and lassi and when he leave his house he told him i am your maharaja.waoooooooooo.some one read history of panjab he will got what kind of great man maharaja ranjeet singh was.its too sad after he dai maharani jindaan and his brother make mess with khalsa and sardars of other mishals.

What a disgusting and FALSE thing you have said here! Do you have any honour and self-respect? Judging by this fallacious comment you are delusional!

You are the type of people that Allama Iqbal described as (in a translation of Jawab-E-Shikwa):

"You are the harvest which harbors the lightning
You are those who sell their ancestors’ graves

As you have earned a good name by selling graves
Will you not sell if idols of stone you get?"

You are selling the honours of those who come before you, by praising the man who persecuted them!

Ranjeet Singh was a mass-murderer and tyrant! The Sikh kingdom was the darkest period in the history of Punjab!

They destroyed mosques, killed many innocent Muslims, inhibited prayers, and spread hatred and violence throughout the land! They even used the Badshahi Masjid in lahore as a stable for their horses!

They originated as a group of bandits that would steal rich Muslim caravans; the Sikhs then raided and pillaged the land and forced their ideology on low-class Hindus.

The Mughals fought against the tyranny in an act of retaliation! They tried to stop these criminals from stealing and looting!

Sadly during the rise of the Sikh Kingdom, the area had fallen prey to the effects of civil war and the battles between the Mughals, Afghans and Persians!

The Sikhs were opportunists and started their short-lived kingdom for a few decades, soon to be destroyed by the British a short time after!

Last edited:
What a disgusting and FALSE thing you have said here! Do you have any honour and self-respect? Judging by this fallacious comment you are delusional!

You are the type of people that Allama Iqbal described as (in a translation of Jawab-E-Shikwa):

You are selling the honours of those who come before you, by praising the man who persecuted them!

Ranjeet Singh was a mass-murderer and tyrant! The Sikh kingdom was the darkest period in the history of Punjab!

They destroyed mosques, killed many innocent Muslims, inhibited prayers, and spread hatred and violence throughout the land! They even used the Badshahi Masjid in lahore as a stable for their horses!

They originated as a group of bandits that would steal rich Muslim caravans; the Sikhs then raided and pillaged the land and forced their ideology on low-class Hindus.

The Mughals fought against the tyranny in an act of retaliation! They tried to stop these criminals from stealing and looting!

Sadly during the rise of the Sikh Kingdom, the area had fallen prey to the effects of civil war and the battles between the Mughals, Afghans and Persians!

The Sikhs were opportunists and started their short-lived kingdom for a few decades, soon to be destroyed by the British a short time after!

sir, although sikh kingdom was for only short time but can you give example of someone from Punjab who ruled his own land????
Ranjit Singh was the only King to successfully rule Punjab ..........not only Punjab but also Kashmir, NWFP also.

Sir, It was for Sikh kingdom that Ladakh is in Kashmir and NWFP , FATA in Pakistan.

cheers.
And respect the King:cheers:

Buffer state between Muslims and Hindus? How is that different from the concept of Khalistan?

Ranjit Singh's Punjab had all 3, Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus. The first perhaps in the highest numbers.

What do you Mean?

when in ranjeet singh happen this??????????/ you need to correct yourself not only we read from our side always right.

give me one example

ranjeet sing remove eyes of someone?
use dunkey and paint black on some face?
keep somone in preson for lifetime?
kill some one with enemidaty?
cut someone head and bring it in darbar?

ranjeet singh will even leave sultan khan wali bhimbher if any mughul will got ememy like that i know what he will do with him.you like it or not maharaja was very kind and good humen .i can't be like you only muslim is hero even he is saddam and every non muslim ruler is divil .

we are talking here abut maharaja ranjeet singh not over all sikh raj.
read this book writen in 1888 its writen after 30 years of maharaja death and the days when finished sikh raj.writen by a muslim

:P
is that what have you read about MAHARAJA RANJIT SINGH JEE...?
not surprising at all..:sick:

yaar chor na he need to read much much much then he is able to post comment on a person.he start same think which i read in 1990 in school.history is talking himself.:P

i don't think he research abut maharaja even 3 days:D

Xtremeownage - You would do well to read the first post of this thread. Written by a Pakistani, it will clear a lot of your misconceptions about MRS.

And I would think twice before calling others a low life. If you cant argue with logic and references, showing some respect is the the least you could do to a senior member.

What do you Mean?

What I meant was that, you are mistaken if you are associating Maharaja Ranjit Singh's kingdom of an independent Punjab as a kingdom just for Sikhs like Khalistan. MRS was hardly in favor of a Sikh only kingdom. From all sources his rule was secular. Its true that a bulk of his generals were Sikhs but he also had Muslim soldiers y in unified in his armies. And he couldn't afford to be evil to Muslims as Muslims were in majority in unified Punjab.

^^Oh i understand but i wasn't referencing to MRS.

I was merely giving a theory that a United Punjab would had been a very Powerful entity in South Asia and would had acted as a Buffer State.(I am not advocating i am just telling a theory)

^^Oh i understand but i wasn't referencing to MRS.

I was merely giving a theory that a United Punjab would had been a very Powerful entity in South Asia and would had acted as a Buffer State.(I am not advocating i am just telling a theory)

Could be, but a unified Punjab would have included most of Pakistani Punjab.

Back
Top Bottom