What's new

Ramzan food in India seeing an Arab Spring

amilnadu hindus and unlike others we don't worship cows
Galat fahemi...
Go matha en Kula matha - Tamil movie for you! :D

Even in Kerala, RSS Hindutva is gaining foothold. Gou Pooja as well as "GoVadham Nirodhikkuka" slogan is seen. It is considered a shame if a Shiva Sena unit is not there for a Temple in Trivendrum.

This argument has been made before in another thread, UPA's Pink Revolution. No creature is less or more important intrinsically of its own. Hinduism defines all of it as god. So your Christian theory of inferior and superior is not the question. What we are looking at is the utility of the said creature to Human development and also a culture of gratitude which defines Indian culture and Hinduism. You may go through more detailed discussion on this topic here - UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter | Page 6
no problem...i thought you were a pure vegetarian...

Galat fahemi...
Go matha en Kula matha - Tamil movie for you! :D

Even in Kerala, RSS Hindutva is gaining foothold. Gou Pooja as well as "GoVadham Nirodhikkuka" slogan is seen. It is considered a shame if a Shiva Sena unit is not there for a Temple in Trivendrum.
all are same..still i think hindu fundamentalism is much more less than muslim/christian fundamentalism..don't you know what is happening in our own muslim dominated kashmir and christian dominated naga states??;...how are they treating minorities like hindus/Buddhists there???
what about vatican funded LTTE and naga terrorists???

Last edited:
It is believed to have originated in Iraq and Gulf arabian states.

Indeed it is.

Handhrami Arabs of Yemen introduced it in India from Arabian dish called Harees. @al-Hasani why you call them as Handhrami Arabs, how are they different from other Yemenis.

Well, they are just named after the province of Hadhramaut in Yemen. They are famous for their big diaspora across the world and their sea trade tradition and warrior spirit.

You can read about them here below:

Hadhrami people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pattar is a general term for Tamil Brahmins, in Kerala. In ancient Kerala, Iyers are considered not qualified to even enter the kitchen of a Namboodiri Brahmin(Actually, I read like this only. Pattarkku Namboodiri manayude Adukkala bhagathu polum praveshanam illa). Brahmins in Kerala Namboodiri>Tulu> Iyer .

well,i dont know about that.

But in Tamizhnadu,we dont care about namboodhris,nairs or their sambandham and all that shit,

we are a patriarchial society and we are fine.

Nambuthiris are crazy but their tantric rituals are awesome.

fish/chicken/mutton thinthira neevu??beef thindare dodda paapa ..chicken/fish thindare paravaagilla..olle vishaya..
you want every one to scrap their beef eating habits,just because it hurts your regional sentiments(i don't use religional because beef eating is acceptable in Kerala/Tamilnadu hindus and unlike others we don't worship cows)..but killing/eating goat is not a problem for you..are they less creature than cows anyway??..both eats grass and gives milk..

Only some nadars and parayars eat beef,not even pallarmaar eat beef.

come on,here it is the sturdy goat.

Yeah maybe my information is wrong...perhaps it did originate in persian gulf.

There is no geographic region called "Persian Gulf". That ancient historical region of the Arabian Peninsula is called Eastern Arabia.

Which basically includes an area from Southern Iraq to Oman.

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yemen does not even border the Gulf but the Red Sea and the Arabian Sea.

Also it's an Arab dish not a Farsi dish.

There is no geographic region called "Persian Gulf". That ancient historical region of the Arabian Peninsula is called Eastern Arabia.

Which basically includes an area from Southern Iraq to Oman.

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yemen does not even border the Gulf but the Red Sea and the Arabian Sea.

Also it's an Arab dish not a Farsi dish.

Do not deviate from the topic....this is a food related thread, not geographical. Again...stay on the topic.

As far as the origin of the dish is concerned, I think I made it quite clear in the very post of mine that you quoted that I might have gotten the origin wrong...no big deal. Don't see why it's so hard for you to comprehend.

Now move on...thanks.

Do not deviate from the topic....this is a food related thread, not geographical. Again...stay on the topic.

As far as the origin of the dish is concerned, I think I made it quite clear in the very post of mine that you quoted that I might have gotten the origin wrong...no big deal. Don't see why it's so hard for you to comprehend.

Now move on...thanks.

No, problem. I just had to correct you while I was around. No biggie.

I feel baingan ka bharta will be closest to halim bademjan.

Yeahh...never thought of that...

bharta_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom