What's new

Ramzan food in India seeing an Arab Spring

@INDIC

Thanks for that explanation!

Actually there are also versions of Biryani in the Arab world and overall all those 3 dishes are similar I can tell you already. I have eaten Iraqi Biryani (google the recipes if interested) too and Hyderabadi Biryani.;)

I enjoy spicy food and for that reason I enjoy Yemeni and Moroccan cuisine in particular although most Arab cuisines tend to use spices to various degrees and obviously also herbs (important) and vegetables/fruit.

Of course most Arab cuisines are not as spicy as your general South Asian cuisine but I can tell you for a fact that I like spicy food.
In fact I have eaten tried eating two Habanero chilis raw although I quickly abandoned that idea after the first try. I drank 2 liters of milk afterwards. Apparently it's one of the most spicy chills in the world.

Habanero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was warned before as I ventured into the universe of Youtube and saw various clowns from across the world recording themselves after eating it. But there are a few even much stronger chills out there.

Check this out. From India. It is insane.:lol:

;)

So here is a question. Which state in India has the MOST spicy food out there?​

This one is a red chili pickle popular in India, the bell pepper is stuffed with spices and dried raw mango powder and preserved in edible oil.

red-chilly-pickle-1126543.jpg

@al-Hasani

Here is chili pakoda, green bell chili dipped in besan(gram flour) and deep fried.

MirchiPakoda.jpg

@INDIC

Mate, do you know which Indian state that is generally famous or well-known for having the most spicy food in India?

I would want to try dishes from that region/province then.:D

@INDIC

Mate, do you know which Indian state that is generally famous or well-known for having the most spicy food in India?

i strongly discourage you from doing so,i had to tone down the spices at home so much when we invited our arab friends home for lunch/dinner.

@INDIC

You should try Andhra Pradesh or Telangana they have the hottest and spiciest food. :D

Telugus have hottest food. :lol:

Noticed. Will risk it.:D

You should try Andhra Pradesh or Telangana they have the hottest and spiciest food. :D

Noticed as well.:lol:

i strongly discourage you from doing so,i had to tone down the spices at home so much when we invited our arab friends home for lunch/dinner.

There are plenty of cuisines of Arab countries that are spicy too and comparable with South Asian cuisine but I am obviously not aware of the cuisine of that ethnic group and province of India.

Are you a Telugu?

I will give it a try once I see dishes from that region and people of India. If I can eat some of the strongest chills on earth raw then I should be able to eat their food too.;)

Noticed. Will risk it.:D

Noticed as well.:lol:

You should try paya nihari or shorba(goot/lamb trotter soup), the soup is extremely spicy, you will weep during sipping. Its a Hyderabadi food there is also a variety from Delhi and also in Pakistan, Hyderabadi food is also very spicy and uses mint leaves.

Paya-at-Shah-Ghouse.jpg

Eaten with this bread, just throw bread pieces in soup and sip it with a spoon.
hyderabai+naan.bmp

You should try paya nihari or shorba(goot/lamb trotter soup), the soup is extremely spicy, you will weep during sipping. Its a Hyderabadi food there is also a variety from Delhi and also in Pakistan, Hyderabadi food is also very spicy and uses mint leaves.

Paya-at-Shah-Ghouse.jpg

Eaten with this bread, just throw bread pieces in soup and sip it with a spoon.
hyderabai+naan.bmp

Mate, I am somewhat familiar with Hyderabadi food as one of my good friends is an Indian from Hyderabad. I have thus tasted a lot of dishes from that region and in particular I like the Hyderabadi biryani.

I am alos a fan of Keralan cuisine as it has a lot of similarities with Southern Arabian cuisine and both use coconut milk which I personally am a big fan of.

It's just that I imagine that it's difficult to find the cuisine of those Telugu people in mainstream Indian restaurants.

@INDIC

How true is it that Indian cuisine by large is not based on meat due to religious rules in Hinduism? Was that always the case? Because I have read that Northern Indian cuisine is more meat based than the Southern Indian cuisine.

What about seafood in Indian cuisine? I have not heard much about that?! That's more popular in Bengal and Bangladesh.

Lastly do you have a dish similar to Kabsa and Mandi other than Biryani?

The last video is the dish "Mandi".

This is not true. A lot of Hindus from different castes did eat meat during ancient and medieval period and still eat meat today.
Only the Brahmin Hindus and the Jains were and are still hardcore vegetarians.

Mate, I am somewhat familiar with Hyderabadi food as one of my good friends is an Indian from Hyderabad. I have thus tasted a lot of dishes from that region and in particular I like the Hyderabadi biryani.

I am alos a fan of Keralan cuisine as it has a lot of similarities with Southern Arabian cuisine and both use coconut milk which I personally am a big fan of.

It's just that I imagine that it's difficult to find the cuisine of those Telugu people in mainstream Indian restaurants.

It similar to other South Indian food, but they add lots of chilies (both green and red) and overdose of oil, spices and heeng(asafoetida). so I don't think you will get them separately.

well,i dont know about that.

But in Tamizhnadu,we dont care about namboodhris,nairs or their sambandham and all that shit,

we are a patriarchial society and we are fine.

Nambuthiris are crazy but their tantric rituals are awesome.

Only some nadars and parayars eat beef,not even pallarmaar eat beef.

come on,here it is the sturdy goat.
its called 'eda sudham'....
if a namboodiri happens to touch or comes in physical contact with a Tamil speaking brahmin(iyer,iyengar),he gets the 'eda sudham'..for performing sandyavandanam,namboodiris should take bath first,if they are affected with'eda sudham'..so don't go anywhere nearer to them..stay safe..
i think beef eating is more common from madurai towards south..

Evil Muslims taking over India with Arab cuisine alert alert alert :rofl:

It similar to other South Indian food, but they add lots of chilies (both green and red) and overdose of oil, spices and heeng(asafoetida). so I don't think you will get them separately.
partially correct...but we have our own peculiar cusines,which is not seen in the other south Indian states...
eg...our traditional breakfast food is 'puttu(steamed rice flour cake),not dosa/idli or vada like other south Indians states(though we eat that too)..

Back
Top Bottom