What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

Because everything does not depend on Individual's choise. I believe in Hinduism still secularism is imposed on me by our constitution. We can not have all laws giving every individual freedom to practice whatever suits him or her.

In vibrant Gujarat Summit, Modi told the guest that we will not serve you beef. You will have to eat what we eat.

Good. I won't eat beef when I am in Gujrat, and you have no business with what I eat in my state, Modi should focus on governance only, otherwise election will again come, I am not voting for him to impose his whims on me. Intolerance will not be tolerated.

Vegetarianism is boring, so much so that I find myself falling asleep at the thought of an all-vegetarian menu. I will eat beef in Gujarat, and in whichever other state I please. Moooooooove over

More beef for me, thank you. :)

Last edited:
There is plenty of meat on the platter for those who are hardcore non-vegetarians, from all kind of fowl meat to sheep, goat, rabbits, emu, sea foods. Do not see what is the urge people have to rub it in to the sensitivities of Dharmic people. That kind of attitude wont be rewarded for long.

Indian culture is one of gratitude. Cow/cattle are not eaten and revered as a mark of gratitude as India has been primarily an agrarian society for all of its history and its cattle wealth the prime reason for its longevity. This is true for all south east Asian countries too where majority of the population do not eat beef.

The countries in the West which went on to industrialize farming and relied solely on chemical fertilizers are now facing problems from land degradation, poor soil nutrients, to top soil loss including the immense environment pollution caused by fertilizer companies.

Land Degradation

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/opinion/05thu2.html?_r=0

Cattle is intrinsically linked to the well being of the health of the soil and agriculture. This was understood by ancient Indians. Sad people consider going ingrate as being modern and stylish.

Last edited:
Indian culture is one of gratitude. Cow/cattle are not eaten and revered as a mark of gratitude as India has been primarily an agrarian society for all of its history and its cattle wealth the prime reason for its longevity. This is true for all south east Asian countries too where majority of the population do not eat beef.

In traditional Chinese culture, we do not eat working Ox/Cows, as gratitude for their lifetime of hard work in the fields.

Also, all that hard work makes their meat too tough and chewy.

There is plenty of meat on the platter for those who are hardcore non-vegetarians, from all kind of fowl meat to sheep, goat, rabbits, emu, sea foods. Do not see what is the urge people have to rub it in to the sensitivities of Dharmic people. That kind of attitude wont be rewarded for long.

It's the moral policing that is pissing off after a point. Why should a certain group of individuals impose their beliefs on everyone else? It's not like I eat beef inside a temple, or chow down a plateful of pork curry inside a mosque now is it? I'm tired of being told what to do. Yes, there are people who revere the cow for what it brings to the table (no pun intended), but that's no reason why the rest of us should stay away from eating what we love. I love all kinds of meat, beef included; what's it to anyone?

Respect is one thing, but when someone forces their belief systems upon you, that's when the shyte hits the fan. I don't see a difference between 21st century-living, 7th century-thinking bearded Mullahs to our west, and those in my own country who try their best to get people to conform to everything they stand for.

Last edited:

The countries in the West which went on to industrialize farming and relied solely on chemical fertilizers are now facing problems from land degradation, poor soil nutrients, to top soil loss including the immense environment pollution caused by fertilizer companies.

Land Degradation

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/opinion/05thu2.html?_r=0

Now cut the crap, people beat up cows when they enter a vegetable market and try to eat merchandise, people beat them when they enter someone's farmland, where is the gratitude? They are just animals and poor people have a right to make some money by selling them for meat when they become unproductive. Are we progressing or are we trying to become Hindu Taliban?

Hinduism is not a rule book driven religion, neither I am aware of any text in Vedas or Bhagwat Gita against slaughtering of cows, though it doesn't matter also.

It's the moral policing that is pissing off after a point. Why should a certain group of individuals impose their beliefs on everyone else? It's not like I eat beef inside a temple, or having a plateful of pork curry inside a mosque now is it? I'm tired of being told what to do. Yes, there are people who revere the cow for what it brings to the table (no pun intended), but that's no reason why the rest of us should stay away from eating what we love. I love all kinds of meat, beef included; what's it to anyone?

Respect is one thing, but when someone forces their belief systems upon you, that's when the shyte hits the fan. I don't see a difference between 21st century-living, 7th century-thinking bearded Mullahs to our west, and those in my own country who try their best to get people to conform to everything they stand for.

Well Hindus in this country did not opt for secularism either. It was imposed on them backdoor when the entire opposition bench was imprisoned during emergency. It is really not all that hard to reverse this too. There are rules in every country which may not be to the liking of some people. There are people who would love to be cannibals, do you suppose we make such meat available for them too?

And what is your problem if I also want beef in that list? And why should I even care if you have a problem with what I eat? That kind of attitude was never tolerated in this country, neither will be.

Well Hindus in this country did not opt for secularism either. It was imposed on them backdoor when the entire opposition bench was imprisoned during emergency. It is really not all that hard to reverse this too. There are rules in every country which may not be to the liking of some people. There are people who would love to be cannibals, do you suppose we make such meat available for them too?

Really now? I'm not even going to attempt to debate your statement, "the Hindus of this country did not opt for secularism", but are you seriously going to equate cannibalism with the consumption of beef? Way to go with the rationale.

Really now? I'm not even going to attempt to debate the "Hindus of this country did not opt for secularism", but are you seriously going to equate cannibalism with the consumption of beef? Way to go with the rationale.

Yeah. People do connect with animals and for a vegetarian the idea of killing any animal for food is abhorable (I am a nonvegetarian by the way). It arouses same disgust in them as cannibalism might in you. Consider coming home and finding out your "dog" has been cooked by your mom for lunch? Wont be a pleasant lunch now, would it? What is taboo for you may not be taboo for someone else, so the same argument applies.

Then try to reverse it and see what happens. And don't forget that India is a federal country, now you guys are forcing me to think again whether I should vote for Modi if this is his real agenda.

And what is your problem if I also want beef in that list? And why should I even care if you have a problem with what I eat? That kind of attitude was never tolerated in this country, neither will be.

That attitude has always had the sanction of majority of the people and it always will. Now eat you carabeef and live in delusion that you have swallowed a cow.

Then try to reverse it and see what happens. And don't forget that India is a federal country, now you guys are forcing me to think again whether I should vote for Modi if this is his real agenda.

Do. Modi himself is for banning beef. It was never a secret.

Back
Top Bottom