What's new

Rahul dravid to retire from cricket

You guys will learn how to defend the ball and wear out the bowlers :P

Great, That's what we want. We have flair but lack defensive skills which are a must for Test cricket. He will greatly improve our technique.

you guys had Taj Malik who was a brilliant and dignified person. Sad to see that Afghan cricket at such an early stage is mired in corruption and crony-ism (his main reason for leaving) and i hope that changes since i see potential in Afghan cricket

many of the top cricketers in Afghanistan took interest and became cricketers during their time in Pakistan, it should be noted

Days of Taj Malik are over, We have to look ahead and need more improvement with professional coaches.
Our cricket team is still new and most players are either from the same tribes or same areas which can lead to favouritism. Out of 32 provinces the cricketers only come from 4-5 provinces. Truth be told, cricket is not very popular in Afghanistan and Football is way more popular. Those who have never been to Pakistan don't really know the rules at all.

Ofcourse they learnt it in pakistan because it is like the only sport people are mad about there.
Two academies have been opend now so reliance on foreign facilities will be greatly reduced.

Great, That's what we want. We have flair but lack defensive skills which are a must for Test cricket. He will greatly improve our technique.

Days of Taj Malik are over, We have to look ahead and need more improvement with professional coaches.
Our cricket team is still new and most players are either from the same tribes or same areas. Out of 32 provinces the cricketers only come from 4-5 provinces. Truth be told, cricket is not very popular in Afghanistan and Football is way more popular. Those who have never been to Pakistan don't really know the rules at all.

Ofcourse they learnt it in pakistan because it is like the only sport people are mad about there.
Two academies have been opend now so reliance on foreign facilities will be greatly reduced.

good...cricket is full of corruption these days..football is way better.

431999_362725267094340_115891808444355_1139930_605351668_n.jpg

Our cricket team is still new and most players are either from the same tribes or same areas which can lead to favouritism.

these are some issues but i see a good future for Afghan cricket

Out of 32 provinces the cricketers only come from 4-5 provinces. Truth be told, cricket is not very popular in Afghanistan and Football is way more popular. Those who have never been to Pakistan don't really know the rules at all.

no reason why it shouldnt expand.....basketball and volleyball arent widely popular sports in Pakistan though interest has grown over the years

in all honesty -- i wish Pakistan would place as much emphasis on Football as we do on soccer. I want Pakistan to become a rising star in football since we have untapped talent in the country --especially in the Baloch areas

Afghan Cricket: No Losers Here - TIME

yaaar inki tareef karo tu bhi inko acha nahe lagta but he is true legend along with ricky ponting tendulkar and laxman are nuts i dont see them even a players becoz they are individual players not team players

Rahul Dravid - a true legend, gentleman and complete professional - he was technically correct - what impressed me was how he rediscovered himself in the one-day format. As someone stated - one and only Dravid. What saddens me is this is the end of golden period for Indian cricket and we would see more legends retire in the next 2 years.

Who ever, what ever say .....

But Dravid cant forget these bowlers in his dreams!!!!!

Especially the bowl of Saqlain :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
yaaar inki tareef karo tu bhi inko acha nahe lagta but he is true legend along with ricky ponting tendulkar and laxman are nuts i dont see them even a players becoz they are individual players not team players

Are you sure about Ricky Ponting? he brought 2 World cups for his country, he has always been there when his team needed.

gilli are you out of your mind from subcontinent you forget the miandad and saeed anwar too

gilli are you out of your mind from subcontinent you forget the miandad and saeed anwar too

The thing is we always remember the last great guy; often forgetting the guys before. For someone who has followed cricket for the sake of it - I would say that the 2 best bats coming out of Pakistan were Hanif Mohammed and Zaheer Abbas. Miandad would be up there with them too. But Anwar was never in the same class.

In India while we talk of Dravid and Tendulkar and to a lesser extent about VVS - we should not forget Gavaskar. This guy averaged 50 in Tests when bowlers like Holding, Garner, Roberts, Colin Croft were allowed to send beamer and bouncers on green pitches.

Back
Top Bottom