What's new

Raheel Sharif to become the Army Chief of an unprecedented military force

I hope he will not be disgraced like Kiyani as he was so popular before he was given an extension
Kiyani was never ever popular.... except among corrupt politicians...I remember saying bad stuff about him during his tenure. and even to compare Gen. Raheel Shareef with Gen. Kiyani is former's insult. Gen Raheel is much more popular than him and most of the generals.

Kiyani was never ever popular.... except among corrupt politicians...I remember saying bad stuff about him during his tenure. and even to compare Gen. Raheel Shareef with Gen. Kiyani is former's insult. Gen Raheel is much more popular than him and most of the generals.
by the end of his first term he was popular for various reasons such as successful completion of Swat operation and Operation Rah-e-Nijaat in South Waziristan with consensus of civilian government and military establishment for the first time considered on the same page. He was also widely being accredited for continuation of democracy and what not

by the end of his first term he was popular for various reasons such as successful completion of Swat operation and Operation Rah-e-Nijaat in South Waziristan with consensus of civilian government and military establishment for the first time considered on the same page. He was also widely being accredited for continuation of democracy and what not

Plus the Baluchistan situation had improved but what many forget is that when kiyani took over and musharraf left, the image of the army was extremely negative. In fact it was the most negative in its entire history and no army chief had ever faced the situation of hostility from the people bcz the were more sympathetic towards the terrorists. The media was attacking the army, the opinion of the people was negative, the terrorists were taking over, the incompetent civilian govt was of course anti army and the Baluchistan situation was boiling. In such a situation kiyani did great work and he vastly improved the image of the army. The term i used a few years back was " recreating the love for the armed forces in the heart of the populace" . I adore general raheel ( everybody here knows that. I advocated field marshal) and I miss his absence each day but the great general rode on the wave created by kiyani and that wave was anti terror operations and the positive image of the army.

This is why I side with kiyani and hold him in high esteem. I remember those days well. Very well.

Those countries have always thought about themselves & if they had any love for Pakistan then country like UAE would had never supported rented terrorists against the creation of Gawadar port & also both India & UAE are on board same boat against Gawadat port & so on.

Its like late & great Gen. Hamees Gul said, if I am retired does that mean my ought has finished to with my retirement, no its not over. I will keep serving my country & fight with the enemy if we are attacked.

Arab countries only think about themselves & it is because of their attitude & proxy wars, they have destroyed Iraq, Libya, Syria & Egypt & today they are stuck & suffering from all corners.
sir, that's why I'm saying that GRS should have to lead that army to Expand Zarb e Azb to internationally because Abettor and supporters of those terrorists which are hurting Pakistan are mostly from ME..
lets hit them where they are..

In his first term, before he accepted extension, even Gen Kiyani was popular... Ofcourse, not to the extent, tht Gen Raheel was popular, but Gen kiyani was also popular in his first term... Everyone was saying tht how he was so different from Gen Musharraf..even his public image was good..but once he accepted extension, and then incidents like Abbottabad, and salala happened...his popularity went downhill... But yes, even in his first term, he was never as much popular as Gen Raheel Sharif..gen raheel sharif has been the most popular general, but still Gen kiyani had good reputation.in his first term.... His biggest mistake was to accept extension., and then being very lenient with the existing system....am sure, he must be regretting his extension too...

Every general is a saint during his first tenure mushy was darling of pakistani people everyone loved him,so was kiyani but then greed takes over and they become more evil than asif zardari (yes zardari is a benchmark) raheel sabh did the right thing by not taking extension he will be remembered as saviour of Pakistan!

Plus the Baluchistan situation had improved but what many forget is that when kiyani took over and musharraf left, the image of the army was extremely negative. In fact it was the most negative in its entire history and no army chief had ever faced the situation of hostility from the people bcz the were more sympathetic towards the terrorists. The media was attacking the army, the opinion of the people was negative, the terrorists were taking over, the incompetent civilian govt was of course anti army and the Baluchistan situation was boiling. In such a situation kiyani did great work and he vastly improved the image of the army. The term i used a few years back was " recreating the love for the armed forces in the heart of the populace" . I adore general raheel ( everybody here knows that. I advocated field marshal) and I miss his absence each day but the great general rode on the wave created by kiyani and that wave was anti terror operations and the positive image of the army.

This is why I side with kiyani and hold him in high esteem. I remember those days well. Very well.

Haroon Rashid has always been a fan of Gen kiyani... He made some similar points as you...Today also, he wrote an article in his favor...

http://m.dunya.com.pk/index.php/author/haroon-ur-rahid/2016-12-02/17723/70919611

But just one thing... Towards the end of his article, he said tht "hero ki baat maan kar un se na insafi ki gayi aur musalsal" ..this line, makes it look like..as if he is saying tht Gen Raheel Sharif personally ordered Gen Kiyani's character assasination.... I doubt abt it.... But haroon rashid has been praising Gen Raheel Sharif too... Didnt understand what he meant by this line... He is one of those few jourmalists, whom i trust....

Personally, i dont know what to think abt gen kiyani... I think, he wasnt tht bad, for sure, as the media makes him out to be..he did some good things, esp in his first term, but his second term, left a lot to be desired.... He should have done things...which he didnt... Freqent drone attacks, on daily basis, abottabad, salala, also contributed to downfall in his popularity.. He was very lenient with zardari and co, and let them do, whatever they wanted..even let them free in memo gate... Did a deal with zardari on memo gate..and let haqqani go abroad..when tht case was in Supreme court.. He should have let the case reach its logical end, through supreme court...but he let hussain haqqani go, who is now lobbying against Pakistan in USA......And he wasnt concerned about drone attacks at all, being COAS..... He shouldnt have taken extension... I am sure he must be regretting it too...

Last edited:
sir, that's why I'm saying that GRS should have to lead that army to Expand Zarb e Azb to internationally because Abettor and supporters of those terrorists which are hurting Pakistan are mostly from ME..
lets hit them where they are..

Its pointless & things will not change even he took the command.

Its pointless & things will not change even he took the command.
who knows what tomorrow can bring.. at least give a try..
if GRS is unable to do, his successor will be more comfortable to do that job..

If GRS takes on this role (with his conditions accepted), then it will be a good move for the Islamic block to effectively fight the terrorists like ISIS and move towards peace in the region.

As for Kiyani, criticism on him is very unfair. Policy and plan of action against TTP, BLA, MQM militant wings etc etc was formed in his tenure, and GRS pushed 'forcefully' with that institutional policy. Gen Bajwa will carry on with the same and interior Sindh and Punjab are in his to-do list. The whole Pakistan wide operation actually started as well during Kiyani's tenure, including intelligence gathering required for the full throttle Karachi, Balochistan and NW operations during GRS's tenure. Each COAS is completing the stages of that operation during his tenure.

Has this been approved? I doubt he will agree to doing this.

Back
Top Bottom