What's new

Rafale versus Super Hornet

well i guess french are bieng too greedy and as they say in hindi "saude me khataas aa gayee hai" i dont see rafale deal going thru

I guess we will have to wait some more time for the final outcome.

I understand.. and believe me if we are paying more than $20 billion for Rafale deal, I think we should go for F-35 than Rafale.. I choose F18 because of low cost compared to Rafale. But considering F-35 with Pak FA, we get better offer in PAK FA like technology sharing and our scientists will gain experience in working with Russians if the current issues have been sorted out.. I do like F-35 in our fleet but as for 5th generation fighters I think we will stick with FAK-FA.

i agree with you , Russians will share a lot of tech with you so they will not be hesitate to share more on Pak fa ... but f-35 will only come with spares , no tech transfer .. and also f-35 will take more time to induct in IAF fleet cause many countries are waiting for their orders ..
but question is will pakfa surplus j-20 ?? Pakfa seems to have much RCS than f-35 and j-20 ...

i agree with you , Russians will share a lot of tech with you so they will not be hesitate to share more on Pak fa ... but f-35 will only come with spares , no tech transfer .. and also f-35 will take more time to induct in IAF fleet cause many countries are waiting for their orders ..
but question is will pakfa surplus j-20 ?? Pakfa seems to have much RCS than f-35 and j-20 ...

Sorry mate, I am not expert in technical matters.. :(

or if roumors are to be beleaved boing and US congress had expressed that they are able to giveallthe latest hardware(inclueding AESA with source codes) with there F/A-18 EF advanced super hornet but wont give any TOT but might giive full over hauling tech (engine inclueded)

My concern is that what is presently being offered as ToT with the Rafale deal (and being charged an arm & a leg for it) is probably stuff that we simply won't be able to use & is therefore pointless to insist on. We might have got more ToT with the Gripen and maybe a cheaper aircraft with the F18. Everytime i see the cost of the Rafale deal, i keep thinking that while it is a great aircraft, it's simply a bad deal.

Last edited:

Your initial argument that the F35 might be a good bet for India is one that I'm inclined to agree on. PAKFA seems to be going the French way in how the deal seems to be coming along. More importantly the F35 is likely to be in service a long, long time before the PAKFA.

My concern is that what is presently being offered as ToT with the Rafale deal (and being charged an arm & a leg for it) is probably stuff that we simply won't be able to use & is therefore pointless to insist on. We might have got more ToT with the Gripen and maybe a cheaper aircraft with the F18. Everytime i see the cost of the Rafale deal, i keep thinking that while it is a great aircraft, it'ssimply a bad deal.
exactly.jpg

my point is rafale deal and its so called TOT isw nothing but a glorified TOT they will never give there engine or radar or other high grade elktronik warfare suites tech so why waste so much money on itwhy not buy it owt completelli built in france and in the mean time devlop owr own infra ...there is no short cut to sucsess

This MCRA deal is going to be a head ache to every defense enthusiast in this country. All of a sudden all the defense related agreements with our country marred with controversies and cost overshoot.. Is this because our babu's not doing their home work? Look at scorpion deals, Viki, Maithri, Rafale, Hawk trainer etc etc.. When will they learn? Surprisingly the deal with US were the only one going smoothly..

View attachment 150140

my point is rafale deal and its so called TOT isw nothing but a glorified TOT they will never give there engine or radar or other high grade elktronik warfare suites tech so why waste so much money on itwhy not buy it owt completelli built in france and in the mean time devlop owr own infra ...there is no short cut to sucsess

I must confess I have a bias against French defence companies & their methods of operation with the M2k upgrade deal or with the Scorpene deal as with the possible Rafale deal. While their products are very impressive, their negotiations amount to a little more than blackmail. I'm afraid the upfront cost of the Rafale will but be a very small fraction of what they will squeeze out of us.

Your initial argument that the F35 might be a good bet for India is one that I'm inclined to agree on. PAKFA seems to be going the French way in how the deal seems to be coming along. More importantly the F35 is likely to be in service a long, long time before the PAKFA.

but @seiko raised a good point that Pakfa will come with tech transfer , but f-35 will not .. and you really need tech , for improvement on LCA or may be your any other 5th gen plane in future ?? and i believe f-35 might take years to be operational with IAF , they re already on order for many airforces ..

but @seiko raised a good point that Pakfa will come with tech transfer , but f-35 will not .. and you really need tech , for improvement on LCA or may be your any other 5th gen plane in future ?? and i believe f-35 might take years to be operational with IAF , they re already on order for many airforces ..

I do also pointed out that current issue regarding the tech sharing and work force have to sorted out by the two groups.. Currently it seems there is a problem regarding it.

I do also pointed out that current issue regarding the tech sharing and work force have to sorted out by the two groups.. Currently it seems there is a problem regarding it.

yeah i did notice but i was replying to other guy , so i use your concern to make him understand :D

or if roumors are to be beleaved boing and US congress had expressed that they are able to giveallthe latest hardware(inclueding AESA with source codes) with there F/A-18 EF advanced super hornet but wont give any TOT but might giive full over hauling tech (engine inclueded)

tell me what will be manohar parekars next move

F/A-18 EF advanced super hornet full over hauling tech (engine inclueded) with ToT of AESA with source codes + Engien ToT is must!!!

If we get AESA + Engine ToT 95% of 4.5++ Gen Tech is done away with. (India can it self work on Advanced EW).

Though India is Developing AESA on hybridization of Israel Elta - 2052, serious tech eluding India is Engine.

Missing SCB + Blisk + Advance Metallurgy all missing in Engine tech.

Time to work for 5 Gen Air Craft.

Back
Top Bottom