What's new

‘Rafale is as good as any 5th-generation aircraft’: French defence minister

Well, they are charging India 5th generation prices for this plane. So it must be a 5th generation plane for Indians.

India will buy it. Otherwise, no subs.

Another failed attempt to troll,scorpene dealw as signed waay before rafael was picked.:coffee:
As for prices A 5th gen fighter will cost twice that of a rafale in 150-200 million range.
There's a reason rafale deal is around 10-15 billion and FGFA agreement 35 billion.

Rafale deal linked with Submarine supply :cuckoo:

Although i don't believe in arm-twisting tactics, but can't help but think that Dassault wants this deal as badly as IAF.

Dassault, as manufacturer, can compare the features of Rafale with Gen V fighters but there is no denying the fact that it is in class of its won.

As for comparisons with J-20 and J-31, i am sure IAF has taken into account future threts from both Chinese and Pakistan Airforces. i don't think Rafale will have to handle Gen V threat on Western front surely and in limited numbers on Eastern atleast in near future (2025 perhaps).

With cost overruns, it was much closer to 600+billion.

OT: The Frenchy is high on something... I'd like to think he uses Naswar, however, we all know that isn't possible.... I haven't yet started exporting it there... :P

Well we just wasted our time and money on the J-20 and J-31, and the Americans are even more stupid, 300+ billions on a plane that's the same as the rafale, not to mention the existing F-22.

Man do we look dumb, oh Russians don't think I forgot about you ;)

Well, they are charging India 5th generation prices for this plane. So it must be a 5th generation plane for Indians.

Did u mean the price of chinese 5th gen fighter
Then ofcourse Comparing to any chinese 5th gen or even 6th gen fighter any decent 4th gen fighter would be costlier by de facto . :D

& also more effective 4th gen fighter with 5th gen avionics & sensor suite unlike some pirated 5th gen jets though:lol:

.But not stealth ,

yup it not designed as stealth fighter

but when u have EWsuite like Spectra you dont need stealth design:toast_sign:

also nose needs to be redesigned to accomodate a AESA radar that can compete with 5gen designs.

WTF does that mean
it already has an operational AESA radar & why would they redesign it's nose :cuckoo:

yup it not designed as stealth fighter

but when u have EWsuite like Spectra you dont need stealth design:toast_sign:

WTF does that mean
it already has an operational AESA radar & why would they redesign it's nose :cuckoo:

The nosecone of the rafale is too small to house a AESA radar with enough T-R modules to compete with 5th gen designs.

Come on Frenchie!

Rafale is good no doubt (Mirage 2000 left a good taste in IAF pilots' mouths :D).

That's why it won the MRCA tender apart from French neutrality and their excellent after sales support.

But calling Rafale equal to a Raptor or PAKFA would be a little too far.

But Indians are smart, they bought this 5th generation plane precisely because its 5th generation.

At last you are right about something! Yes, Indians are smart, and we bought this fighter plane precisely because it fulfills OUR requirements.

At last you are right about something! Yes, Indians are smart, and we bought this fighter plane precisely because it fulfills OUR requirements.

Actually, probably someone in your gov is fatten up his own personal bank account in Switzerland. The same guy probably can't tell the difference between a 4th and a 5th generation plane.

Come on Frenchie!

Rafale is good no doubt (Mirage 2000 left a good taste in IAF pilots' mouths :D).

That's why it won the MRCA tender apart from French neutrality and their excellent after sales support.

But calling Rafale equal to a Raptor or PAKFA would be a little too far.

But it worked on getting India to buy the plane. So they are now using the same line on other customers.

Rafales do have quite few advanced technologies, when compared to Su-30 MKI (which is itself an advanced fighter plane).

Su-30 MKI serverd us well ... economical and advanced air defence and air power for the last 15 years or so.

And over 80% of these Su-30MKI were made in India ... including the aircraft engine (AL-31), which china still imports.

Su-30MKI has been a good decision.. and paid us well (esp. price versus contribution to air defence and air power).

Indeed ... costly white elephants.

Unless you mean assembled...i agree with you...

Actually, probably someone in your gov is fatten up his own personal bank account in Switzerland. The same guy probably can't tell the difference between a 4th and a 5th generation plane.

But it worked on getting India to buy the plane. So they are now using the same line on other customers.

It's our Govt., our money, our choice....why someone who is confused about his own identity is bothering about it? Don't you have any other work other than trolling on Indian topics?

We know what generation Rafale is, that's why we are also developing PAK-FA/FGFA.

And Rafale is the best "medium multi-role" fighter that is available for sale at this moment.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom