What's new

RAFALE IN ANGER: 10 Dispatches From A War Cockpit

higher serviceability
Data please, what kind of availability rates do each type in the PAF offer?

IAF has recently signed Performance Based Logistics (PBL) agreements for the Su-30MKI fleet, Rafales and in future LCA guaranteeing a minimum of 75% "up time" in peacetime and >90% in wartime. The transport fleet has >85% availability.

higher pilot to cockpit ratio
True, recruitment is an issue across the Indian mil.
better training
By what objective measure?
more flight hours on average.
How many flight hours on average do PAF fighter pilots fly?
I don't see it getting higher than 72
Given the base infratructure the IAF is creating right now (for 6 SQNs) at least 108 will be ordered.

IAF doesn't go for the F-16
IAF will never operate the F-16, they simply don't want it.
dumps the Tejas
123 units commited to and on order as of now, it's well beyond the point of "dumping the Tejas" now.

Good, we can start getting 5th gen fighters in response pretty quickly then.

Yes. PAF planners are very wise. They knew that there is no point going for another 4th generation fighters when you already have F-16s. Hence PAF is going for 5th and 6th generation fighters through TFX, J-31, J-20 and Burraq UCAV

On topic:

IAF is absolutely sure about this European state of art fighter .
No doubt about it! Outside of the US (with their F22), it is the best fighter money can buy and it is goign to transform the way the IAF's functions across the board, not just from an operational perspective.

Data please, what kind of availability rates do each type in the PAF offer?

IAF has recently signed Performance Based Logistics (PBL) agreements for the Su-30MKI fleet, Rafales and in future LCA guaranteeing a minimum of 75% "up time" in peacetime and >90% in wartime. The transport fleet has >85% availability.

True, recruitment is an issue across the Indian mil.

By what objective measure?

How many flight hours on average do PAF fighter pilots fly?

Given the base infratructure the IAF is creating right now (for 6 SQNs) at least 108 will be ordered.

IAF will never operate the F-16, they simply don't want it.

123 units commited to and on order as of now, it's well beyond the point of "dumping the Tejas" now.
You can find info in serviceability and flight hours by simple research, not too tough.

As for better training, again, you only have to look at the achievements of each air force objectively to come to that conclusion.

any dork can put anything on wiki, heck i can say im married to princesses kate

What happened ?
Got some indigestion problem after reading it .

@Abingdonboy clarified it with more details .

36 fighters for 8 billion pound .
Most modern 36 with Spectre, Meteor ,Scalp etc .

Our agreement with France can be seen in a huge thread in PDF

You can find info in serviceability and flight hours by simple research, not too tough.
I asked you to provide them to me but thanks for reccomending Google, I hadn't thought of that.

As for better training, again, you only have to look at the achievements of each air force objectively to come to that conclusion.

YAWN, I thought we could have a serious discussion based on objective facts, not rake up the same tired cliches and spew the typical propoganda.

I'm asking for objective criteria that can be used to substantiate your claim the PAF's training TODAY is superior to the IAF's.

Yes. PAF planners are very wise. They knew that there is no point going for another 4th generation fighters when you already have F-16s. Hence PAF is going for 5th and 6th generation fighters through TFX, J-31, J-20 and Burraq UCAV
Yep. For 4th gen we will just use JF-17 and F-16, which will be enough, especially as JF-17 improves.

What happened ?
Got some indigestion problem after reading it .

@Abingdonboy clarified it with more details .

36 fighters for 8 billion pound .
Most modern 36 with Spectre, Meteor ,Scalp etc .

Our agreement with France can be seen in a huge thread in PDF
nothing happened, abindonboy said the various missiles were ordered i asked for proof or even a press release. no such thing has come forward, i am looking too.

i now know the first lot is expected to come to india in 2019 and the last by 2022.

Yep. For 4th gen we will just use JF-17 and F-16, which will be enough, especially as JF-17 improves.
lol dont be surprised if you find this monster in pakistani colours
typhoon-with-full-phase-3-enhancement-weapons-1846.jpg

No doubt about it! Outside of the US (with their F22), it is the best fighter money can buy and it is goign to transform the way the IAF's functions across the board, not just from an operational perspective.

This was the best decision we have taken recently .
126 wasnt viable plan. But GoI did the right thing .EF would be liability ,GoI knew that.
36 is enough for western sector .But our plan seems to be in NE sector .50 of them can do first SEAD mission against PRC .So far Chinese could only field something like this after 1 decade .Then we will have other thing in our pipeline.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom