What's new

RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s'

October 31, 2008 (by Asif Shamim) - Six Pakistani F-16s have deployed to Konya, Turkey to participate at Anatolian Eagle, a bilateral air exercise similar to Red Flag, starting November 3rd till the 14th.
This will be the fourth time Pakistan has gone to Anatolian Eagle. Previously going in 2004, 2006 & 2007.

there was many Anatolian Eagle excecies happened in 2008 , the one in which italian participate , PAF didn't...

there was many Anatolian Eagle excecies happened in 2008 , the one in which italian participate , PAF didn't...

Officially there was no one vis one exercise involving IAF SU-30s and RAF Typhoons during Indra Danush phase-2, but sadly for you guys it did take place where couple of Typhoons made mince meat of the SU-30s, the HUD video from the Typhoon is reportedly in some circulation.
Moral of the story is, don't rely too much on uncle google.

Officially there was no one vis one exercise involving IAF SU-30s and RAF Typhoons during Indra Danush phase-2, but sadly for you guys it did take place where couple of Typhoons made mince meat of the SU-30s, the HUD video from the Typhoon is reportedly in some circulation.

But weren't the SU-30MKI's under some limitation to not use the full power of their radars or something like that? Unless that was against the USAF F-15's?

But weren't the SU-30MKI's under some limitation to not use the full power of their radars or something like that? Unless that was against the USAF F-15's?

The aircraft that went up against the USAF F-15's were Su-30MKs(all returned to Russia for more MKI's).
The Bars radar on the MKI was kept in peacetime modes during these exercises to avoid giving away any classified scanning modes.

A question for members with insights into the Air Force fighting dynamics...

In todays times of modern fighter, AWACS etc ... Is Dog Fight/WVR even relevant? If I have a BVR system, won't I just kill the enemy before I see his plane?

3-0 is annihilation and all congrats to PAF men... At the same time, I am surprised about is that Brit pilots are not so well trained in WVR fight... How can one of the famous air forces of the world have so weak dog-fight capabilities...

Well,till the day the Medium range and Long range missiles have 100% success rate, WVR is still relevant. Why would all top airforces in the world have ACM schools especially to train the pilots? Why would they waste so much money in DACT training?

Yes it did happen...and RAF typhoons ended up in our HUD and so did our Su 30 end up in theirs. Why dont you ask your sources what actually happened in EX Indradanush.

And congrats to all PAF pilots to have out flown the RAF Typhoons, that was impressive and quite a feat.

Conversation between two RAF pilots night before the 'DAY'
P1: I heard turks r flying paf pilots is their viper!
P2: oh yeah
P1:, yea
P2: hm. I heard they r darn good in dog fight.
P1: boddy, i dont want to get my ar$e smoked. You see i have problem with this typhoon, I have my promotion due this year!
P2: dont worry pal. We will put our noob pilot in typhoon.

Q: Any particular reason for your success?

A: NATO pilots are not that proficient in close-in air-to-air combat. They are trained for BVR [Beyond Visual Range] engagements and their tactics are based on BVR engagements. These were close-in air combat exercises and we had the upper hand because close-in air combat is drilled into every PAF pilot and this is something we are very good at.

this sums it all... guys future air warfare is BVR ......
and am nothing against PAF...

more a proof of IAF's stupidity - an aircraft with very low sortie rate, very high operational cost, very high maintenance intensity, an RCS as big as an elephant's A$$ no decent domestic overhaul or spare support despite local assembly. More a white elephant than anything else.

FYI... RCS is never a problem for all 4th gen.. if you load drop tanks or Payload.. your RCS shoots exponentially .. enough for Mig's to track over a long distance leave alone MKI and LCA ;)

Why is the incident such an issue is what I ask??
Heck some Indian by the name of Khukri has been going into every goddamn forum where this topic came up and posting BS.

Is it that hard to swallow if it happened.. or that stark to ignore??
when the USAF colonel went on stage he was torn apart...
I hate to generalize it.. but its basic self esteem issues man..
Plain and simple.. there is no denial from any AF.. perhaps it never happened.. perhaps they dont even bother with it..
The Italians dont.. the RAF does not.. neither does the EF group ..
Wait.. who is bothered.. why its the Indians off course.. the PAF getting credit for anything??.. blasphemy..
Cheap BS.. I dont care whether it happened or not.. but I am dismayed by the response of some Indians in this thread.

For argument sake.. I will say India captured Islamabad without a proper link... is that fine with you?... As of the think.. if typhoon beaten by F-16 there is nothing special in it.. it will be good if we have a proper news with proper link..

As Santro rightly pointed out, no one seemed as bothered including the airforces operating the EF or the EU Consortium, than people from across the border, and the reason is obvious, they short listed it along with rafale for MMRCA. As far as my knowledge is concerned, there are many aircrafts that our pilots "killed" during training exercises, including the recent Saudi exercise, so their goes the F-15Cs too. But these are training exercises and must be treated that way. I mentioned earlier that not many airforces in the world today are as efficient as Israelis and PAF when it comes to WVR engagements and there is a reason for it. Both countries face a huge odd in their neighborhood so they have to be on their toes. The "LOST" decade made us tough and resilient and it shows how much blood and sweat PAF has spent on a handful of resources it had till the arrival of JFTs, Erieye, IFRs and blk 52s. They dearly deserve it!

No one in EU is bothered because.. they know this news is fake or not of the type wiki Leaks.. It is not necessary for a firm to answer all the propaganda.. if EFT got defeated .. the firm will come out and give reason... why it got defeated... it will not keep quite..

No one in EU is bothered because.. they know this news is fake or not of the type wiki Leaks.. It is not necessary for a firm to answer all the propaganda.. if EFT got defeated .. the firm will come out and give reason... why it got defeated... it will not keep quite..

the EFT is SUPERIOR to Pakistan's F-16As, remember that, it was not the EFT which got defeated, it was the RAF pilots flying the EFT who were defeated by PAF pilots in WVR engagement.

this sums it all... guys future air warfare is BVR ......
and am nothing against PAF...

:what: yh? and F-22 vs F-22
BVR... huh?

I'm sure if that was the case the US would never have put a gun on tthe F-22 and F-35 let alone WVRAAMs

Yup, the EU are quite but the Indians are unable to digest this, hence making all the noise....!!!
And your logic is funny if not ridiculous , wonder what's stopping the other party from coming out and denying the whole scenario.
The PAF on it's part has named the other party and the period. One can digest it or choke on it.

infect if this propoganda articles to belive then the story didn't end here and actually goes a step forward.....
Apache Clips - Pakistan JF-17 Thunder Shoots Down F-22 Raptor
Apache Clips - Pakistan JF-17 Thunder Shoots Down F-22 Raptor

now belive it or leave it..who cares

Back
Top Bottom