What's new

R@ping nuns part of Christian culture claims Hindu leader

Do you know why Perumal Murugan's novel 'Madhorubhagan' is banned in India? Because he talked about the issues of 'Daasi', the women devotees of Temples and how the Priests exploit them.

@syedali73 Really? Is that why the book got banned? The book got banned btw? It was withdrawn by the author himself. It had nothing to do with daasis. I don't know how many other half-truths you guys peddle on this forum. Ok, I'll spare you the googling and tell the actual reason myself. The book explains about a festival in a temple where childless women engage in consensual intercourse with men of their choice and then beget children. Now this angered the local community(Gounders) because there has been no historical record or even a legend of such practices happening there. Needless to say the community got enraged and protested. As the voices got stronger, some local outfits joined the protests. The author, not wanting this negative publicity withdrew the book himself.

I've been to that temple myself and I know many people belonging to that community. I come from Tamil Nadu and I followed the entire controversy. I can't remember one single instance when a book got banned because it wrote about devadasis. If you were gonna cook up something why not go the whole nine yards and even say that Caligula was a Hindu and Hindus were conducting orgies in ancient Rome??

Do germans still kill the jews or is it banned now??

I dont know. Aour politician says rape is christian culture, while a women has zero worth in indian society. So just a question. beside that, why you mention germany? i dont care about germany

I dont know. Aour politician says rape is christian culture, while a women has zero worth in indian society. So just a question. beside that, why you mention germany? i dont care about germany
Just a question. Has Berlusconi relinquished his droit du seigneur for Italian/Moroccan underage girls?

lo achhe din aa gaye.!!!!..my brother was right and I was wrong, I realize it now!! I too got carried away and campaigned for Modi during the elections, I feel ashamed now!

Just look at the abuses thrown at me by hindutvadis in this forum,,,india is getting polaried.

I dont understand what made these morons work overtime????????????

Modi in power??? I think its time Modi to tell these morons keep their mouth shut and concentrate on better things..... He is voted to power for development not for hindutva....This need to be made clear to those morons.....

Modi himself is an RSS cadre...he wont dare to open his mouth against anyone in specific..he will only make some general comments without making anyone responsible for the act and without taking any action...! no good time for India, all hopes have vanished.!

Folks please do not engage in personal name calling.

lo achhe din aa gaye.!!!!..my brother was right and I was wrong, I realize it now!! I too got carried away and campaigned for Modi during the elections, I feel ashamed now!

You campaigned for Modi, and now you feel ashamed of yourself? :blink:

What changed?

Devadasis are a clan of temple dancers who degenerated into prostitution. They have their own goddess and their own rituals which are not followed by rest of the Hindus. Also the girl is not deflowered by the priest but is sold to a bidder of virginity. Now considering they are prostitutes and renegades (the practice of devadasi is outlawed), there is no societal support for them for such practices. A lot of them are being educated and rehabilitated and moving away from this practice.

This is where our society differs from other society. We have the capability to refine and throw away bad practices and rituals. Other societies are unwilling to refine and learn. Whatever you see in this 21st century is a result of willingness to follow the uncivilized tradition of medieval age.

You're an idiot

Shoooooo......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom