What's new

Questions about Butt/Khawaja clan and Kashmiri descendants in Pakistan

Human migrations have been happening since eternity .
History is co concocted that its better to live and believe the Self rather than what others say or History speaks about .

We don't have concrete proofs about most stuff from Past .
All we do is interpret or Guess based on limited and ever changing evidence .
But better be prepared & learn from the blunders of history..

But better be prepared & learn from the blunders of history..
Yep Yep :yes4:

Whether the History lessons are authentic or biased ones , Common folks never know .
Too much of belief in people of this age will be ones undoing .
This age calls for strong willed people .

To much of outer influence in this Age have made us pawns of Other .

Yep Yep :yes4:

Whether the History lessons are authentic or biased ones , Common folks never know .
Too much of belief in people of this age will be ones undoing .
This age calls for strong willed people .

To much of outer influence in this Age have made us pawns of Other .[/QUOTE

N pacifism is also a curse when ppl are not even standing up for the righteousness....

The people of Azad Kashmir who fought on Pakistan's side in 1947 were mainly Paharis, Gujjars, Sudhans etc. They were not Kashmiris.

@Zibago and my ancestors were outliers then I guess. Unless you are accusing us both of inventing our ancestry. You need to relax and stop painting everything from your preconceived prism. There is no such thing as martial and non martial race, there have been people willing to fight and die in battles from all ethnic groups in the world.

My grandfather and his brother were part of the namaloom afraad that rose against dogras :D
Both Sheikhs so i dont think all stereotypes are true except butts being paitus :D

What most people don't understand is that Kashmiri Butts did come from a caste that was not too much involved in the military. So had very few members who had served in WW2. However, those that did also took part in the uprising and the subsequent war. South Asians are very good at inventing generic stereotypes of others around them, kind of like how there was a stereotype that Bengalis were weak people who did not know how to fight that was prevalent amongst some West Pakistanis.

The people of Azad Kashmir who fought on Pakistan's side in 1947 were mainly Paharis, Gujjars, Sudhans etc. They were not Kashmiris.

As I said, I have absolutely no links to Azad Kashmir. Not a single family member either.

Yes same same only difference is Pandit Bhats are shakahari Butts are mansaharis :D
Actually the are khanahari jo bhi ho chaley ga bus quantity ziyada ho kiyon butt sahab :D
@Pakistani Exile

Khawmkha khanay ka yaad dela deto hai Shaikh sahab, Abhi khana khaya ab dubhara bhook lag rahi hai. :undecided:

I would def like to marry a kashmiri origin girl but we don't have many in America and the one kashmiri-punjabi girl I know at my school is dating an Indian Muslim lol.

I would def like to marry a kashmiri origin girl but we don't have many in America and the one kashmiri-punjabi girl I know at my school is dating an Indian Muslim lol.
Dont marry Kashmiri girls they have a tendency to inflate like balloons :D
Sheikh sahib you mentioned me first then edited to mention @Pakistani Exile ? :lol:
Arey nahi nahi mein butt sahab sey mukhatib tha :D
@Zibago and my ancestors were outliers then I guess. Unless you are accusing us both of inventing our ancestry. You need to relax and stop painting everything from your preconceived prism. There is no such thing as martial and non martial race, there have been people willing to fight and die in battles from all ethnic groups in the world.

What most people don't understand is that Kashmiri Butts did come from a caste that was not too much involved in the military. So had very few members who had served in WW2. However, those that did also took part in the uprising and the subsequent war. South Asians are very good at inventing generic stereotypes of others around them, kind of like how there was a stereotype that Bengalis were weak people who did not know how to fight that was prevalent amongst some West Pakistanis.

As I said, I have absolutely no links to Azad Kashmir. Not a single family member either.

Khawmkha khanay ka yaad dela deto hai Shaikh sahab, Abhi khana khaya ab dubhara bhook lag rahi hai. :undecided:
satwaan nashta ya tesra lunch ? :D

True Kashmiri girls don't date. We are a shareef people.

Attachments

• 16003254_1343154975705393_2919560009231055106_n.jpg
    16003254_1343154975705393_2919560009231055106_n.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 61
Butt too, No idea about the stuff being discussed thou,how arrogant i am

True Kashmiri girls don't date. We are a shareef people.

lol That's a no true scotsman fallacy, there's no such thing as a "true kashmiri" in terms of character, we're all individuals. You'll find shareef and un-shareef Kashmiris, especially in Punjab where Kashmiris get into lots of fights.

Don't know about origin of Butts in details but I know one thing for sure . Butts are famous for their beauty especially females. there are many in sister's law family. Obviously , they are Kashmiris .
who kehta ha na ke
je Gujar de gitte te mael na howe tu une mar dwo
je Butt sona na howe te une mar dwo .

Last edited:
Hey everybody, I got some questions about my heritage.

I'm of Pakistani descent and my family have Kashmiri ancestry, our forefathers migrated from Kashmir (around Sringar) to rural North Punjab near Sialkot & Gujranwala and later my grandparents branched out to other cities across Pakistan. We belong to the Butt clan but also use Khawaja as a our last name or title, now the thing is I'm confused about whether Khawajas and Butts are the same clan or we're 2 different clans.

From what I've read, most Kashmiris settled in Punjab adopted 'Butt' as their lastname as a collective identifier of their Kashmiri heritage even if they didn't actually belong to the Butt clan. Pretty much all people with the last name Butt also use Khawaja as a last name. All the men in my family get refered to as 'Butt saabs" in Pakistan however my father says we're actually Khawajas and Butt was just a collective name.

Is there a difference between the two clans? Did they descend from two different groups or castes in Kashmir? All I know is that my Great Great-Grandfathers and their fathers were rice sellers in Kashmir before settling across the near the Punjab-Jammu border and getting involved in business, so what clan or caste might we be? It is quite amazing how my family and ancestors manage to branch out across Pakistan and the world and get an education, now we have nothing to do with farming or agriculture though I do have some extended relatives left in Upper Punjab who haven't changed at all.

If there are any Butts/Khawajas on here, what do you know about the clan?
@Armstrong is a butt on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom