What's new

Question about Jinnah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct Action Day (Bengali: প্রত্যক্ষ সংগ্রাম দিবস) (16 August 1946), also known as the Great Calcutta Killings, was a day of widespread riot and manslaughter initiated by the Muslim league in the city of Calcutta (now known as Kolkata) in the Bengal province of British India.[1] The day also marked the start of what is known as The Week of the Long Knives.[2][3]

The Muslim League and the Indian National Congress were the two largest political parties in the Constituent Assembly of India in the 1940s. The 1946 Cabinet Mission to India for planning of the transfer of power from the British Raj to the Indian leadership proposed an initial plan of composition of the new Dominion of India and its government. However, soon an alternative plan to divide the British Raj into a Hindu-majority India and a Muslim-majority Pakistan was proposed by the Muslim League. The Congress rejected the alternative proposal outright. Muslim League planned general strike (hartal)[4] on 16 August terming it as Direct Action Day to protest this rejection, and to assert its demand for a separate Muslim homeland.[5][6]

In those days the situation in Bengal was particularly complex. In the province, Muslims represented the majority of the population (56%, as against 42% of Hindus) and were mostly concentrated in the Eastern part.[7] As a result of this demographic structure and specific developments, this Province was the only one in which a Muslim League government was in power under the provincial autonomy scheme introduced in 1935 in coalition with the Europeans, and against the hurdle of strong opposition from the Congress, the Communist Party of India and also from a Hindu nationalist party, the Hindu Mahasabha. The latter was supported by many members of the rich Marwari trading community, composed of immigrants from Rajasthan, who largely dominated the economy of central Calcutta (although European capital was still important).[8] For this, inhabitants of Calcutta comprising 64% Hindu and 33% Muslim were by then divided into two highly antagonistic entities.[7] Against this backdrop, the protest triggered massive riots in Calcutta.[9][10] In Calcutta, within 72 hours, more than 4,000 people lost their lives and 100,000 residents in the city of Calcutta were left homeless.[1][10] Violence in Calcutta sparked off further religious riots in the surrounding regions of Noakhali, Bihar, United Province (modern Uttar Pradesh), Punjab, and the North Western Frontier Province. These events sowed the seeds for the eventual Partition of India.

We know a quite a bit but I think nothing documents his vision better than his inaugural speech:

National Assembly of Pakistan

Each and every part I highlighted is a regret that each and every true and sensible Pakistani bears. Life and death are not in anybody's hands, but definitely if all that is said above was achieved or even followed by this nation it would have become the greatest nation of the world.

well but the issue is did you get anywhere close to what your founding fathers like jinnah iqbal and liyaqat ali khan made pakistan for

well pakistan is today for what it was made for by the real players (British & feudals) now even after 65 years most pakistanies are confused why was pakistan created ever wondered why and unfortunatily pakistan is a nation which onli replaced its masters from goras to the feudal elite though on paper it got its independence in 14th august 1947 but its masses are still to be lebrated

please do reply sir im not trolling but writting my view kindly do give you comments on my views

well whtever i have learned about jinnah was that he was a british loylist and alwyas propogated the concept of home rule which was a form of govt run by the indians but which will keep british interests intact and were not against the empire but wanted to grow under its umbrella but when ghandhi came and joined the congress and supported total swaraj or freedom from the british and became very powerfull in congress while the older ganeration like bal ganghadar tilak among others slowly took the back seat jinnah started feeling uneasy with congress and when british wanted a counter weight against the ghandi led congress they propogated and helped jinnah led muslim league grow which in itself was an umbrella party of muslim elite made by the nawabs of UP , Bengal and hydrabad

This is just nonsense propagated by the most conservative minded Indians who have to weave up a conspiracy theory to justify the events of 1947. Most sensible Indian historians have themselves laughed such notions out. Most recently even BJP's Jaswant Singh dispels this notion in his book.

Jinnah was asked to make Lord Mountbatten Governor General of Both India and Pakistan and Pakistan would have gotten some extra favors - he famously commented "In a war which side would you ask to defend and which side to attack?"

Also about growing under Gandhi - it was Jinnah who rejected Gandhi and left India to practice law when he got disillusioned by his religious politics. So he didn't grow under him nor sought to grow under him. It was Sir Allama Iqbal who got him back from England to revive/lead the Muslim league. If Iqbal hadn't convinced Jinnah to come back he would have just stayed there. So please get your timelines in order.

well but the issue is did you get anywhere close to what your founding fathers like jinnah iqbal and liyaqat ali khan made pakistan for

well pakistan is today for what it was made for by the real players (British & feudals) now even after 65 years most pakistanies are confused why was pakistan created ever wondered why and unfortunatily pakistan is a nation which onli replaced its masters from goras to the feudal elite though on paper it got its independence in 14th august 1947 but its masses are still to be lebrated

please do reply sir im not trolling but writting my view kindly do give you comments on my views

As the the initial topic of discussion was - Jinnah died - so did all the others that were close to him within 10 years of Pakistan's formation. 11 years later the first coup had happened.

His role in forming the constitution, maintaining law n order, ending corruption putting an end to the black market, strong regulations and equal rights to all citizens never happened.

Please provide correct reply, I am not interested in your lol and dol.

your whole existence is "lol" the British conspired with us and lulled in you... ja phayee lag ja :lol:

well u are right bro but they will never aknowledge it and will keep making fun of the history as to them history is what suites them all else are fabrications and conspiracy against the pios and peace loving people of land of the pure

no fun in teaching them about the truth as you can take a horse to the water but you cant make him drink it :coffee:

Muslims league's original plan was to include Hindu/Sikh majority areas of East Punjab, West Bengal and Assam in Pakistan, means Pakistan border touching Delhi in West and Jamshedpur in the East, Congress accepted that partition to save these region going in Pakistan. Also, Pakistan wanted Hyderabad at any cost and wanted to treat is as special case among princely states.

When Pakistanis talk about truncated Pakistan it means not getting Hindu/Sikh majority areas of East Punjab, West Bengal, Assam, Hyderabad and Junagadh in Pakistan.

I don't know what kind of history is taught in Pakistan. But atleast, I suppose, the direct action day must have been mentioned in your history text books..

Its funny how only the violence that ensued is mentioned in your books, but in reality it wasn't a DAY it was a chain of events.

1. Congress had agreed to the formation of Pakistan, namely Gandhi.
2. As originally planned Pakistan was not to be a separate country but an autonomous region, with a loose center.
3. Sly pandits (Nehru) backed off their word and Nehru could not digest that he won't become the PM of all of India.
4. At that point it was decided to cause mass agitation among the masses to make a point that the Muslims cannot be subjugated.
5. Seeing the mass revolt like situation Nehru backed off and by most accounts Vallabhai Patel, who was perhaps the most anti-Pakistani individual convinced Nehru to let it go - by some counts he actually said "Ab humari inse bannay wali nahi hai".

We know a quite a bit but I think nothing documents his vision better than his inaugural speech:

National Assembly of Pakistan

Each and every part I highlighted is a regret that each and every true and sensible Pakistani bears. Life and death are not in anybody's hands, but definitely if all that is said above was achieved or even followed by this nation it would have become the greatest nation of the world.

In that objective resolution is conflicting with Jinnah's view.

This is just nonsense propagated by the most conservative minded Indians who have to weave up a conspiracy theory to justify the events of 1947. Most sensible Indian historians have themselves laughed such notions out. Most recently even BJP's Jaswant Singh dispels this notion in his book.

Jinnah was asked to make Lord Mountbatten Governor General of Both India and Pakistan and Pakistan would have gotten some extra favors - he famously commented "In a war which side would you ask to defend and which side to attack?"

Also about growing under Gandhi - it was Jinnah who rejected Gandhi and left India to practice law when he got disillusioned by his religious politics. So he didn't grow under him nor sought to grow under him. It was Sir Allama Iqbal who got him back from England to revive/lead the Muslim league. If Iqbal hadn't convinced Jinnah to come back he would have just stayed there. So please get your timelines in order.
well sir that was what i was pointing to that after the ghandi gave a call for sampoorn swaraj or complete freedom form the british emipre suddenli there were no takers for home rule idia in india and this being the brain child of jinnah he was very heart broken and instead of confronting a just and popular sentiment he like a gentelman went back to practise law but when the feudals came to know the real congress policy would be abolistion of feudalism post independence the muslim ones suddeenily became active with equalli surprizing patronage by then british govt (have you ever heared any primary member of muslim league going to jain in that period for freedom movment like all the so called indian freedom fighter & congressies) well the thing is jinnah was brought into picture back by the british and iqbal was just used as the same way british and feudals used every one else and propogated the theory of divide and rule which they did in bengal as earli as 1905

but pakistanies never look it that way to them all such things are conspiracy theories but are realli confused why is pakistan even after 65 years of independce is so much backward , economicalli waek when it produces more than it requires and still has to obey the western and foriegn hegemony in its internal matters

well pakistan is today in this state becuse it was created in the first place for western & feudal interests for the feudal and western interests and jinnah and people like iqbal were just used as moskots of the cause so it has the support of the common man .....just try to think withowt perjudice towards hindus and india and you will be able to diffrenciate between truth and hype and why pakistan is in this state today that even today peoiple in pakistan as ...pakistan ka matlab kya

good luck and thanks

@GURU DUTT .. Please do a spell check before posting.

I have been asking the Pakistanis here to quote a single Anti-British freedom fighter from Muslim League and instead of answering it, they go tangentially.. They will not answer it, since they have no real answer. All through their lives they have been brainwashed by their educational system with false histories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let them whine, you know how Sardar Patel and Nehru foiled all of their dirty plans in princely states. First creating a nation saying Hindus and Muslims can't live together and then trying to scramble for Hindu majority princely states deep insider India.

Pakistan was a nation created by and for feudals. Muslim league was comprised solely of feudal land lords and erstwhile Muslim royals. Hence they wanted the Muslim princely states to be part of Pakistan.

Yes, as usual...

I think the north western Subcontinent states (Pakistan), have a unique and distinguished identity, Even during the British Raj in the colonial British India, the people in the region of Pakistan were asking to be considered as a separate state under the colonial dominion of British. People wanted Pakistan, it did not matter if the British continued their colonial rule in Sub-continent or not.

One half of Kashmir was not recognized as a separate state, and the struggle there still continues.

Post edit: Reason: Post to long and irrelavent

Its irrelevent since all the major leaders of league were non-native to the region of North-West. Your founder was a Gujarati and your official language is from the heartland of North India which you claim as the heritage language of all South Asian Muslims. Khudai Khidmatgar and Unionist were against creation of Pakistan for most of the time.

@GURU DUTT .. Please do a spell check before posting.

I have been asking the Pakistanis here to quote a single Anti-British freedom fighter from Muslim League and instead of answering it, they go tangentially.. They will not answer it, since they have no real answer. All through their lives they have been brainwashed by their educational system with false histories.
thanks sir but what to do my spellings are always a big problem i try to correct them but still im sorry for the silli mistakes ....ye meri bachpan ki problem hai ;)

any way you are right about them they will soon start abusing and will bring poor , toilets and what not but will never aknowledge the truth and we know that but still keep them teaching and you know why :azn:.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom