What's new

Question about Jinnah....

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconlover

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
so I just watched the movie "Jinnah" (1998) and just realized he died only one year after his dream came true.
And I'm wondering:
  1. If Jinnah had died 2 years before the Partition instead of 1 year after, would Pakistan still happen ?
  2. Was Nehru really banging Lady Mountbatten ? :disagree:

Baba loog ko sakun ki neeand sonay doo Yaar.

Kyon Qabar say Murday ukhar rehay hoo Bhai ?

If Jinnah had died 2 years before the Partition instead of 1 year after, would Pakistan still happen ?

Probably not. His doctor (incidentally a Hindu) kept his secret and kept him functioning enough till he got Pakistan made. Otherwise if people knew of his illness they could have just delayed Pakistan and it would never have happened.

But then if he would have lived 10-15 years more Pakistan would have been awesome.

Was Nehru really banging Lady Mountbatten ? :disagree:

He even had relations with Lord Mountbatten. Lord Mountbatten was jokingly referred to as Lord Mountbottom in the British military.

Probably not. His doctor (incidentally a Hindu) kept his secret and kept him functioning enough till he got Pakistan made. Otherwise if people knew of his illness they could have just delayed Pakistan and it would never have happened.

But then if he would have lived 10-15 years more Pakistan would have been awesome.

He even had relations with Lord Mountbatten. Lord Mountbatten was jokingly referred to as Lord Mountbottom in the British military.
I seriously doubt the bold bit..... pakistan ran for 10-15 years more or less the way he wanted, right?

I seriously doubt the bold bit..... pakistan ran for 10-15 years more or less the way he wanted, right?

Errr... no. Almost all the people who made Pakistan died within the 1st 10 years of it being made. In the 11th year a coup had happened.

Errr... no. Almost all the people who made Pakistan died within the 1st 10 years of it being made. In the 11th year a coup had happened.

apart from coup, is there anything specific that he wanted the pakistan state to operate, and it did not? for first 10/15 years?

so I just watched the movie "Jinnah" (1998) and just realized he died only one year after his dream came true.
And I'm wondering:
  1. If Jinnah had died 2 years before the Partition instead of 1 year after, would Pakistan still happen ?
  2. Was Nehru really banging Lady Mountbatten ? :disagree:

As to your first question, it is a NO if Mountbatten is to be believed. He clearly states that of the five important statesmen of the time (Gandhi, Nehru, Patel, Jinnah and LAK), Jinnah was the only one who was adamant about the two nation theory. Mountbatten was even mischievous enough to suggest that had he known of Jinnah's illness, he would have stalled the talks of partition on some pretext.

apart from coup, is there anything specific that he wanted the pakistan state to operate, and it did not? for first 10/15 years?

I guess he is referring to Jinnah's vision for a secular Pakistan that he never clarified unequivocally. People like Zaid Hamid take advantage of that loophole of history. Apart from that, I doubt he would have done any better than the jarnails that ruled later. For most of our joint history, Pakistan was doing better than India. The tide turned since the mid 90s. More than Jinnah's death, Pakistanis should blame Zia's birth for the present state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom