What's new

Putin's speech summarized - a challenge to the "Western colonizers" and "satanic, enslaving westerners".

Putin is going to change the whole world.

If there's a war, it will be the prophecied war, the End Times.

But if the war can be avoided, we will enter the Millenium Kingdom era directly, there will be 1000 years of peace.

Land of the free definitely goes further in allowing freedom of expression that what the land of not free in Russia: no staged parades, no arrests at protests unless they violent, and look at Fox News and its full of Russian fans like yourself. I don't see what you are getting at. Which of the countries you so infatuate about allow for the opposing view to be expressed this freely?

lol - seems like you're suffering from a case of "shah se ziada shah ke wafadar".

I don't give two shits about either the US or Russia, or Ukraine or Saudi or anyone else for that matter.

I was simply passing comment on how that American member was trying to show the US in a positive light by comparing it to it's third world stooges of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. How low have your standards got to sink if your defence is "it's still better than third world dictatorships". Land of the free is excellent marketing. They have laws now prohibiting women from having abortions. Being more free than Russia or Pakistan is no major achievement.

I was only responding to that side discussion - as for the main topic - Putin is just another powerful man making excuses for his abuse of his power. It doesn't bother me. I've long learnt that the rules are for those who don't have the power to oppose them.

That is why I'm quiet and eating popcorn. But also hoping our establishment doesn't stick its neck out.

Pakistani establishment sticks out the sacrificial necks of Pakistani for Green Cards for their own children.

Becoming a Pakistani General is just a stepping stone for their eventual retirement and resettlement in the USA Beverley Hills.

Putin is going to change the whole world.

If there's a war, it will be the prophecied war, the End Times.

But if the war can be avoided, we will enter the Millenium Kingdom era directly, there will be 1000 years of peace.

Well you kind of contradict yourself there ... If it's prophesied then it's bound to happen and we are doomed.

But I agree Putin will go nuclear. Russians have no other option left when there is an existential threat to their very existence.

than it was a month ago,” Rubio said, predicting that Russia would probably take an intermediate step.

Petraeus: US would destroy Russia’s troops if Putin uses nuclear weapons in Ukraine​

Former CIA director and retired army general says Moscow’s leader is ‘desperate’ and ‘battlefield reality he faces is irreversible’

Petraeus: US would wipe out Russian troops in Ukraine if nuclear weapons used in the country – video

Edward Helmore
Sun 2 Oct 2022 19.56 BSTLast modified on Mon 3 Oct 2022 10.00 BST

The US and its allies would destroy Russia’s troops and equipment in Ukraine – as well as sink its Black Sea fleet – if Russian president Vladimir Putin uses nuclear weapons in the country, former CIA director and retired four-star army general David Petraeus warned on Sunday.

Petraeus said that he had not spoken to national security adviser Jake Sullivan on the likely US response to nuclear escalation from Russia, which administration officials have said has been repeatedly communicated to Moscow.

He told ABC News: “Just to give you a hypothetical, we would respond by leading a Nato – a collective – effort that would take out every Russian conventional force that we can see and identify on the battlefield in Ukraine and also in Crimea and every ship in the Black Sea.”

The warning comes days after Putin expressed views that many have interpreted as a threat of a larger war between Russia and the west.
Asked if the use of nuclear weapons by Russia in Ukraine would bring America and Nato into the war, Petraeus said that it would not be a situation triggering the alliance’s Article 5, which calls for a collective defense. That is because Ukraine is not part of Nato – nonetheless, a “US and Nato response” would be in order, Petraeus said.

Petraeus acknowledged that the likelihood that radiation would extend to Nato countries under the Article 5 umbrella could perhaps be construed as an attack on a Nato member.
“Perhaps you can make that case,” he said. “The other case is that this is so horrific that there has to be a response – it cannot go unanswered.”
Yet, Petraeus added, “You don’t want to, again, get into a nuclear escalation here. But you have to show that this cannot be accepted in any way.”
Nonetheless, with pressure mounting on Putin after Ukrainian gains in the east of the country under last week’s annexation declaration and resistance to mobilization efforts within Russia mounting, Petraeus said Moscow’s leader was “desperate”.
“The battlefield reality he faces is, I think, irreversible,” he said. “No amount of shambolic mobilization, which is the only way to describe it; no amount of annexation; no amount of even veiled nuclear threats can actually get him out of this particular situation.

“At some point there’s going to have to be recognition of that. At some point there’s going to have to be some kind of beginning of negotiations, as [Ukrainian] President [Volodymyr] Zelenskiy has said, will be the ultimate end.”
But, Petraeus warned, “It can still get worse for Putin and for Russia. And even the use of tactical nuclear weapons on the battlefield won’t change this at all.” Still, he added, “You have to take the threat seriously.”
Senator Marco Rubio, the ranking Republican member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee told CNN that Putin was down to two choices: established defensive lines or withdraw and lose territory.
Rubio said he believed it “quite possible” that Putin could strike distribution points where US and allied supplies are entering Ukraine, including inside Poland. The senator acknowledged the nuclear threat, but he said most worries about “a Russian attack inside Nato territory, for example, aiming at the airport in Poland or some other distribution point”.

“Nato will have to respond to it,” he said. “How it will respond, I think a lot of it will depend on the nature of the attack and the scale and scope of it.”
But as a senator privy to Pentagon briefings, Rubio resisted being drawn on whether he’d seen evidence that Russia is preparing to use nuclear weapons against Ukraine.
“Certainly, the risk is probably higher today than it was a month ago,” Rubio said, predicting that Russia would probably take an intermediate step.
“He may strike one of these logistical points. And that logistical point may not be inside … Ukraine. To me, that is the area that I focus on the most, because it has a tactical aspect to it. And I think he probably views it as less escalatory. Nato may not.”

Last edited:
Let me get this straight, you claim to speak Ukrainian and then you claim you can speak Russian now? So you also downloaded the language from a Russian ladies hard drive? Technically if Russian and Ukrainian were different, how can you understand Russian if you only downloaded from the Ukrainian ladies 'hardrive'? You sure your dl was complete mate? Lololol.

And seriously, stop talking about FPSOs. Calling the most important deep sea oil producing machine just a ship, is like a numb numb calling a ferrari just a car.

He's just a sicko Chinese Australian wanna be. We call them bananas, or 汉奸.

That's only show you that you don't really know much about Ukrainian in general.

Ever wonder why Ukrainian need to learn Russian? If they are ex-Russian, then should the Russian understand the language of their "brothers" the Ukrainian language? I mean, if I was talking to a Portuguese in Spanish, he or she may not learn Spanish before, but he/she will know 70% of what I said, and I would know about 60% of what he said.

But ever wonder why if a Ukrainian speak Ukrainian to a Russian, they understand 0% of what the Ukrainian said?

If you know anything about Ukrainian or even Eastern European Culture, you will know both Ukrainian language and culture is closer to Serbian (another Slavic culture) than Russian, calling "they are colonising ex-Russian" is laughable. The only thing literally in common between Russia (NOT SOVIET UNION, but Russia) is like almost all ex-Soviet Republic, like Kazakh or Uzbek or Georgian for that matter, is they were all ex-Soviet Bloc, and they were all forced to learn Russian as their language. And yes, a Serb will understand some degree of Ukrainian even without learning the language.

Was just talking to my friend Misha on Facebook the other day

View attachment 884062

(Oops forgot to black out his surname....)

This is my facebook page by the way and this is Misha profile by the way. (And by the way, I used to date his older sister)

We talk about how litter people know about the different between Russia and Ukrainian. I mean, do you even know the different between Ukrainian orthodox church and Russian orthodox church before you talk about, they are ex-Russian??

Man, I am going to screen cap your post and send it to Misha so we can have a laugh.
But the people of Donbas are ethnic Russians for the most part and they have been getting persecuted by Ukrainian nationalists. They want to join Russia and wanted to for many years.

But the people of Donbas are ethnic Russians for the most part and they have been getting persecuted by Ukrainian nationalists. They want to join Russia and wanted to for many years.
That's where the misinformation begin.

The question to ask is, what is "Ethnic Russian"?

If the answer is Russian Speaking Ukrainian (as in mother tongue) that number is upward to 85 to sometime 90% in Donbas, but then even at low end, it would be 50 or so percentage in places like Kherson and Kyiv. Don't forget, EVERY Ukrainian were forced to learn Russian during the primary, middle and high school, even Zelenskyy himself can be consider as a Native Russian speaker, well, because he is.

If the answer is their ancestor can be trace back to Russia. That number dropped significantly to between 30-45% in Donbas.

According to data from World Atlas in 2001

As of the 2001 census, about 58% of the population of Luhansk Oblast and 56.9% of the population of Donetsk Oblast are formed by ethnic Ukrainians. Besides this, about 39% of Luhansk Oblast’s population and 38.2% of Donetsk Oblast’s population are formed by ethnic Russians

58% of Luhansk Resident identify themselves as Ethnic Ukrainian, and only 39% of Luhansk Resdient Identify themselves as "Ethnic Russian" and 57% of Donetsk Resident identify themselves as Ethnic Ukrainian and only 37% of Donetsk Resident identify themselves as "Ethnics Russian"

As for "being Persecuted" well, the major concern they have is Ukraine issue a decree that Russian are no longer an official language in Ukraine (Donbas Included) and will ceased to teach Russian as primary language, well, consider the country was called "Ukraine" and there is already a lauguage called "Ukrainian" I think that is a pretty fair request.

If you want to talk about being Persecuted, I was in Donbas before 2014, and my friend told me not to speak Ukrainian because you will get discriminated against if you do...well, It's like if you are in China, you can't speak Chinese and have to communicate with English, does that sound like a persecution to you?

That's where the misinformation begin.

The question to ask is, what is "Ethnic Russian"?

If the answer is Russian Speaking Ukrainian (as in mother tongue) that number is upward to 85 to sometime 90% in Donbas, but then even at low end, it would be 50 or so percentage in places like Kherson and Kyiv. Don't forget, EVERY Ukrainian were forced to learn Russian during the primary, middle and high school, even Zelenskyy himself can be consider as a Native Russian speaker, well, because he is.

If the answer is their ancestor can be trace back to Russia. That number dropped significantly to between 30-45% in Donbas.

According to data from World Atlas in 2001

58% of Luhansk Resident identify themselves as Ethnic Ukrainian, and only 39% of Luhansk Resdient Identify themselves as "Ethnic Russian" and 57% of Donetsk Resident identify themselves as Ethnic Ukrainian and only 37% of Donetsk Resident identify themselves as "Ethnics Russian"

As for "being Persecuted" well, the major concern they have is Ukraine issue a decree that Russian are no longer an official language in Ukraine (Donbas Included) and will ceased to teach Russian as primary language, well, consider the country was called "Ukraine" and there is already a lauguage called "Ukrainian" I think that is a pretty fair request.

If you want to talk about being Persecuted, I was in Donbas before 2014, and my friend told me not to speak Ukrainian because you will get discriminated against if you do...well, It's like if you are in China, you can't speak Chinese and have to communicate with English, does that sound like a persecution to you?
The reason why there is so much grey area is because both Russians and Ukrainians are actually of the same ethnic and racial stock.

Either way you want to argue it, those people want to join Russia

The reason why there is so much grey area is because both Russians and Ukrainians are actually of the same ethnic and racial stock.

It is not. in fact, it's not even like British and American are "from the same ethnic and racial" background. It more or less is you are talking about Chinese and Japanese are more or less the same as Ethnic and Racial stock.

Again, I can only say, without typing 2 hours lecture here, that culturally and ethnically, Ukrainian are more in common to the Serbian than Russian. Both serbian and Ukrainian are East Slavic and Russian is old Slavic. It is the same, but not the same, the relationship is very complicated.

Either way you want to argue it, those people want to join Russia

Then go be, nobody stopping anybody to join Russia, you can go join Russia and I am pretty sure Russia are more than gladly to give you a passport for it. You don't succeed the land you are in, the land that does not belong to you or Russia to become part of Russia, if you want to leave, pack up your bag and leave. Nobody stopping any of them, but if you want to take the piece of land with you, that's another story.

Like Konstintin in the video said Uzbek really presecute ethnics Russian in Uzbekistan, what Russian do? They welcome Uzbek Russian to settle back to Russia. So what make Ukraine special? It doesn't it's because Putin wanted land grab

It is not. in fact, it's not even like British and American are "from the same ethnic and racial" background. It more or less is you are talking about Chinese and Japanese are more or less the same as Ethnic and Racial stock.

Again, I can only say, without typing 2 hours lecture here, that culturally and ethnically, Ukrainian are more in common to the Serbian than Russian. Both serbian and Ukrainian are East Slavic and Russian is old Slavic. It is the same, but not the same, the relationship is very complicated.

Then go be, nobody stopping anybody to join Russia, you can go join Russia and I am pretty sure Russia are more than gladly to give you a passport for it. You don't succeed the land you are in, the land that does not belong to you or Russia to become part of Russia, if you want to leave, pack up your bag and leave. Nobody stopping any of them, but if you want to take the piece of land with you, that's another story.

Like Konstintin in the video said Uzbek really presecute ethnics Russian in Uzbekistan, what Russian do? They welcome Uzbek Russian to settle back to Russia. So what make Ukraine special? It doesn't it's because Putin wanted land grab

No, Russians and Ukrainians are not like Chinese and Japanese. This just proves that you are not really Chinese as you obviously do not know what you are talking about. The difference between Chinese and Japanese would be more similar to French and German. Totally different linguistic roots.

Ukrainian and Russian come from the same root. They both originated from one ancient state. The difference between Ukrainian and Russian would be more like the difference between a Beijinger and a Shanghainese. At the very most, it may be the difference between a Spaniard and a Portuguese. But their roots are far more intertwined.

No, Russians and Ukrainians are not like Chinese and Japanese. This just proves that you are not really Chinese as you obviously do not know what you are talking about. The difference between Chinese and Japanese would be more similar to French and German. Totally different linguistic roots.

Ukrainian and Russian come from the same root. They both originated from one ancient state. The difference between Ukrainian and Russian would be more like the difference between a Beijinger and a Shanghainese. At the very most, it may be the difference between a Spaniard and a Portuguese. But their roots are far more intertwined.
i am not talking about Linguistic Root. I am talking about culturally, and racially.

And no, Ukrainian and Russian DOES NOT COME FROM THE SAME root, just because they are both Slavic does not really mean they came from the same root. American and British came from the same root, Australian and Britain came from the same root.

Do you have different culture, different god, different religion, different saints, different holiday, different way to refer to things, and a whole other manuscript between a Beijinger and a Shanghainese? Again, without going Really deep into the issue, the TL:DR version is, one is East Slavic and the other is old Slavic, it's like saying Scottish and British are the same root, no they don't one is a descendant of Viking. and the other is a descendant of Norman. They cannot be any more opposite.

i am not talking about Linguistic Root. I am talking about culturally, and racially.

And no, Ukrainian and Russian DOES NOT COME FROM THE SAME root, just because they are both Slavic does not really mean they came from the same root. American and British came from the same root, Australian and Britain came from the same root.

Do you have different culture, different god, different religion, different saints, different holiday, different way to refer to things, and a whole other manuscript between a Beijinger and a Shanghainese? Again, without going Really deep into the issue, the TL:DR version is, one is East Slavic and the other is old Slavic, it's like saying Scottish and British are the same root, no they don't one is a descendant of Viking. and the other is a descendant of Norman. They cannot be any more opposite.

Both are East Slavic, Orthodox Christians with origins from the Kievan Rus. They are actually more from the same root than a Scott and an Englishman. Again, you are making up facts as you go. You are denying actual facts.

Both are East Slavic, Orthodox Christians with origins from the Kievan Rus. They are actually more from the same root than a Scott and an Englishman. Again, you are making up facts as you go. You are denying actual facts.
No, just no......

Russian is OLD Slavic. And Ukrainian Orthodox and Russian Orthodox celebrate different calendar For example, Ukrainian Christmas is on Dec 25 like everyone else, while Russian Orthodox Christmas begins at Dec 31, and they have different patron saints. Dude, you need to read up about the Russian Language and the Different between Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox.

Just because you don't know some stuff does not means I made them up. It just mean you don't know.

No, just no......

Russian is OLD Slavic. And Ukrainian Orthodox and Russian Orthodox celebrate different calendar For example, Ukrainian Christmas is on Dec 25 like everyone else, while Russian Orthodox Christmas begins at Dec 31, and they have different patron saints. Dude, you need to read up about the Russian Language and the Different between Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox.

Just because you don't know some stuff does not means I made them up. It just mean you don't know.

You're picking on minor differences when the two groups have a huge ethnic overlap and come from the same historical and linguistic root. Russian/Ukrainian are far closer than Chinese/Japanese, French/German and even Portuguese/Spanish as the two were one country for many centuries.

You're picking on minor differences when the two groups have a huge ethnic overlap and come from the same historical and linguistic root. Russian/Ukrainian are far closer than Chinese/Japanese, French/German and even Portuguese/Spanish as the two were one country for many centuries.
Dude how is their religious calendar a "Minor" issue. Are you saying Lunar Calendar the Chinese believe is just a "Minor" different than the Julius Calendar we all follow in the West?

Look at how the first name of both Russian and Ukrainian leader spell, they are the same name, ever wonder why they spell differently in Ukraine than Russian?

And you keep saying they come from the same ethnic, historical and linguistic group, yet I have not seen you support 1 piece of evidence to support that claim, while I keep telling you the historical, religious and linguistic different and shown you with the actual differnet between names, saints and religious difference. Dude, maybe I will incline to believe you if you can show me some evidence showing it otherwise, but it seems you are just basically repeating someone else's point without even undestand the difference.

Dude how is their religious calendar a "Minor" issue. Are you saying Lunar Calendar the Chinese believe is just a "Minor" different than the Julius Calendar we all follow in the West?

Look at how the first name of both Russian and Ukrainian leader spell, they are the same name, ever wonder why they spell differently in Ukraine than Russian?

And you keep saying they come from the same ethnic, historical and linguistic group, yet I have not seen you support 1 piece of evidence to support that claim, while I keep telling you the historical, religious and linguistic different.

Again, ridiculous comparisons. You are now saying the difference between the Chinese lunar calendar and the Gregorian calender is equivalent to two Eastern Slavic Orthodox Churches selecting different dates for Christmas!? You are a compulsive liar and that much is evident.

Back
Top Bottom