What's new

Punjabi Culture in the subcontinent and beyond….

just want to see how it looks.

It is located near Badshahi mosque and Shahi qila in old walled city of lahore and the entrance gate for it is called "Taxali Darwaza" ,

Heera-Mandi-3.jpg

All dirty stuff takes place behind the doors of these buildings in heera mandi of lahore.

It is located near Badshahi mosque and Shahi qila in old walled city of lahore and the entrance gate for it is called "Taxali Darwaza" ,

Heera-Mandi-3.jpg

All dirty stuff takes place behind the doors of these buildings in heera mandi of lahore.
how big is heera mandi

how big is heera mandi

It is whole street that starts from Taxali darwaza, I would say there are perhaps few hundred kanjar houses situated in those streets so quite big.

I think people need to start campaign to get rid of this dirt of heera mandi from Lahore, only then punjabi culture can be saved from the prostitutes of this red light area of punjab. Another big Chakla (kind of heera mandi type thing) is situated in Multan which also houses many kanjar houses.
All famous Film Heroines of punjabi film industry were from either Lahore of Multan heera mandis like Reema, Meera, Saima etc.

It is whole street that starts from Taxali darwaza, I would say there are perhaps few hundred kanjar houses situated in those streets so quite big.
should we open a thread discussing it? with pictures, size of it ect.

should we open a thread discussing it? with pictures, size of it ect.

No I don't think that is a good idea but I told you Heera mandis of Lahore and Multan are the main culprit to provide "work force" of prostitutes that one sees jumping like monkeys (mujra) on punjabi stage dramas.

No I don't think that is a good idea but I told you Heera mandis of Lahore and Multan are the main culprit to provide "work force" of prostitutes that one sees jumping like monkeys (mujra) on punjabi stage dramas.

Another reason for Pakistan film industry downfall, actresses were associated with heera mandi. So educated girls mostly opted for drama serials.

I think people need to start campaign to get rid of this dirt of heera mandi from Lahore, only then punjabi culture can be saved from the prostitutes of this red light area of punjab. Another big Chakla (kind of heera mandi type thing) is situated in Multan which also houses many kanjar houses.
All famous Film Heroines of punjabi film industry were from either Lahore of Multan heera mandis like Reema, Meera, Saima etc.

This whole mujra and brothel trend was brought to Punjab by the Mughals. Belly dancing was an Uzbek concept brought by Babur to sub-continent, which later became mujra. Heera Mandi was made by the mughals, and the "locals" of Heera Mandi mostly came from central India. They belonged to the "kanjar" tribe, which is a known nomadic tribe in central India known for prostitution and stuff. They are somehow related to the roma gypsy of eastern europe. Mughals were known to have brought prostitutes from far away places. Anarkali for instance, was said to have migrated from Iran.

In Multan, I'd imagine the afghans to have brought mujra and brothels. They have a different sort of mujra, where they use a drag queen instead of a female as a dancer.

These kanjars and kanjaris are from Lahore. They bring a bad name to not only Punjab as a whole, but to Lahore itself which is home to the darbar of Ali Hujwiri and Badshahi mosque.

And Zia tried banning heera mandi, but the prostitutes spread all over the city afterwards, which made him rethink his decision.

Last edited:
Another reason for Pakistan film industry downfall, actresses were associated with heera mandi. So educated girls mostly opted for drama serials.
just out of curiosity which actresses are associated with heera mandi?

You can believe in what ever lies you want. Honestly I don't care but I need to show you guys the truth and save you from hell. So please be grateful and thank me.
See during independence 80% of jndivided india was still Hindu. It was because of the strength of Hindus and in spite of ba mass killings by Muslims that we are thriving and on route to becoming 3rd biggest economy in the world and a thriving democracy and peaceful Hindus who have civilised the Muslims living here. The rest who converted in pak did so out of greed, forced marriage mostly. So I don't blame you for your sorry state. I blame the Sunnis.
Bravery does not lie in mass killings and rape that Muslims follow. Nor does it lie in killing innocent people as Muslim terror does. Bravery ies in facing adversity head on and thriving as Hindus have done for 5000+ years. You Muslims can never become strong again because you have squandered you power which you had. The entire Muslim world is no match for Hindu India. So please go and pray in some other mosque.

Dravid you have no importance what so ever, your jungli ancestors were not responsible for anything and neither muslims policy was to convert you guys. Now midgets like you live in denial believing your ancestors bravery is the reason you guys are still hindus.

Fact is if muslims behaved like aryans then dravids like you would have been muslims by now.

Sticking to punjabi culture in pakistan, a very important aspect was rivalary of Wrestlers or Pehlwans of Gujranwala and Lahore. This video just warms my blood that Goga pehlwan of my city Gujranwala took on Jhara pelwan of Lahore in famous dangal of 1978, but he lost it to him :rofl: but gujranwala fer wi zinda abad

The welcoming moments of Goga pehlwan of Gujranwala

The real fight was here in this video

Lol.. good luck, we are seeing exactly the result of the strategy. If you say you will send them, then you are also a t'rist. we see that the t'rists will die a bloody death. proof? 50000 Pakistanis have died the death of a t'rist in the last few years. Inshallah, it will be more because we need to wipe out t'rists from earth.

Lol.. good luck, we are seeing exactly the result of the strategy. If you say we will send them, then you are also a terrorist. we see that the terrorists will die a bloody death. proof? 50000 Pakistanis have died the death of a terrorist in the last few years. Inshallah, it will be

Dravidian civilization has been far more advanced, peaceful and civilized than Islamic barbaric invasions. By the way I am not a Dravid although I live in South india now. South india is far more better and cultured than pak-afgh-Arabia etc.
Jungli ancestors are the people of Arabia who you follow. We are a part of the indus valley civilization, then we moved to ganga plains and made it a great civilization and spread the hindu culture all over SE asia. I know that the arabs were the barbarians and had to kill everyone to establish their presence. Now the muslims who used to win by muscle power are powerless because brain power is stronger in the modern times. that's why they strap a bomb and blow themselves up and say they are great. Lol.. who is talking about bravery, look.

Lol jungli bhils being part of IVC, your jungli ancestors used to roam around in jungles before aryans civilized them and made them hindus by force. Muslims could have done the same, look at your jungli ancestors history.

No matter which jungli at the end of the day he will claim IVC to feel better about his jungli ancestors.

In Multan, I'd imagine the afghans to have brought mujra and brothels. They have a different sort of mujra, where they use a drag queen instead of a female as a dancer.

Northern Punjabis are known in Multan to be the most baghairat of all Punjabis.

Areas to the north of Northern Punjab [ Hazara and Muzaffarabad ] are also just like northern punjabis.if not even worse

Multanis are very conservative people. Lahoris are far far more conservative than Gujranwala baghairats and northern punjabi pothwaris [ who are the biggest participants in Hira Mandi and kanjar baghairat culture ]

BuTTs rule Hira Mandi @Psycho Pakistani

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom