What's new

Punjabi Culture in the subcontinent and beyond….

Afaik most of the South Asian groups who claim Greek descent are not really of Greek descent. Like the Hunza people have a origin myth of being remnants of the Greeks yet they have no Greek DNA whereas Pashtun can have up to 2% Greek DNA in some cases.

you are right, the light was there in the subcontinent before the arrival of alexander, region wise. But not blonde.

Of course because Pakistani Punjabis are Muslim so they largely mixed with Muslims who migrated from Central Asia/ Iran. Not to mention millions of Pashtuns settled in Punjab and are considered Punjabi today, they will also be more fair and they speak only Punjabi today, an example of such a tribe is the Sherwani Pashtun.

I doubt mixing happened on big scale with central asian muslims, most probably pre islamic.

Actually Rajput and Kshatriya are different even if both are basically same profession. Rajputs all over South Asia trace their mythical origin back to Rajasthan. So if indeed punjabi rajputs have Rajasthan origin, then very few people from there migrated to Punjab in 1000 years because punjabi rajputs genetically are not like them but more like other punjabis.

Who told you that lol? I've only seen Indians on the net say this. Rajputs are from kekaya etc. kingdoms from old times IN THE PUNJAB itself. Some got mixed with incoming central Asian tribes.And most of the rajputs in Punjab itself give different origins. This is a 'title' and doesn't mean that a Minhas has the same origin as a Bhatti. You can ask them in real life. I know many different tribes people and frankly not a single one said this.
For example people on this thread are saying that gujjars are from Rajasthan. Do you know what that would mean? That millions of Punjabis are from Rajasthan.
These are titles based on occupation/status

Lol really. So Bhattis, minhas, kharal, janjua, tiwanas etc. HAVE to be from rajasthan. This is what I'm precisely pointing out.
Some of these tribes have been described everything under the lens from Hepthalites, Turko-mongol to 'Aryan'.
They have always existed IN PUNJAB in one form or another.

Brahmins who were warriors and knew the art of fight were known as Kshatriyas.

But not every Kshatrya is a Rajput. One who has a kingdom, is a Rajput, people also connect it with Rajasthan, which is also right.

Who told you that lol? I've only seen Indians on the net say this. Rajputs are from kekaya etc. kingdoms from old times IN THE PUNJAB itself. Some got mixed with incoming central Asian tribes.And most of the rajputs in Punjab itself give different origins. This is a 'title' and doesn't mean that a Minhas has the same origin as a Bhatti. You can ask them in real life. I know many different tribes people and frankly not a single one said this.
For example people on this thread are saying that gujjars are from Rajasthan. Do you know what that would mean? That millions of Punjabis are from Rajasthan.
These are titles based on occupation/status

Thats what i am saying all along. And ''if'' some rajputs came from Rajasthan and mixed with punjabi rajputs then it was not a big contribution genetically speaking. These are titles no doubt.

Since it is established that you guys in Punjab converted from Hinduism, I invite you back to the fold of the good side which is HIndus

Sir jats were never hindus. Thanks you.

Lol really. So Bhattis, minhas, kharal, janjua, tiwanas etc. HAVE to be from rajasthan. This is what I'm precisely pointing out.
Some of these tribes have been described everything under the lens from Hepthalites, Turko-mongol to 'Aryan'.
They have always existed IN PUNJAB in one form or another.

Bhattis being an ancient tribe are indeed from Rajasthan from areas like Jaisalmar and Ajmer, it is a well documented fact found in many historical books. The other tribes are recent clan names but if you go deep their ancestral tribes did migrate from somewhere in rajasthan, there is nothing mythical about it. Rajashthan was the place where rajput ethnicity was shaped, there is no rocket science in it.

R u even a punjabi .. If not what similarity do you have with a part of Pakistan ...???

nahi bhai.. you guys are decendents of arabs, and great alexanders... how can Indians and pakistanis be same. You have ruled the world for millions years... we are weak people.. Pakistan is so wonderfull uff.. mein marjawaan :P :rofl:

He is Nepali.

Gurkha bol bhai . :D

Thats what i am saying all along. And ''if'' some rajputs came from Rajasthan and mixed with punjabi rajputs then it was not a big contribution genetically speaking. These are titles no doubt.

Yes that is exactly the truth and genetic tests on harappadna confirm it that original rajputs that migrated from rajashtan to punjab have been genetically diluted due to mixing with other native punjabi tribes, and hence are no more rajasthani in their genetic makeup, you have presented their genetic results I believe many times which proves it.

ohhhh, Jats were the finest people and direct decedents of arabs, and belong to more super Islam kind of religion. Lol. .. PDF tum jese ghanchakkaro se bhara para hai. lol

Bhattis being an ancient tribe are indeed from Rajasthan from areas like Jaisalmar and Ajmer, it is a well documented fact found in many historical books. The other tribes are recent clan names but if you go deep their ancestral tribes did migrate from somewhere in rajasthan, there is nothing mythical about it.

All of these tribes have different originis. Gakhars (though not fully rajput) have been described as a 'Turanian' tribe for example. Many of these tribes have always existed in one form or another in Punjab. They were kshatriyas of punjabi origin who became rajputs. They're descendants of local kingdoms like kekaya etc. Rajput is a title which signifies occupation. This fascination with Rajasthan is an indian propaganda.

nahi bhai.. you guys are decendents of arabs, and great alexanders... how can Indians and pakistanis be same. You have ruled the world for millions years... we are weak people.. Pakistan is so wonderfull uff.. mein marjawaan :P :rofl:

Gurkha bol bhai . :D
your a gurkha?
i know some nepalis here in america, they are all refugees

Yes that is exactly the truth and genetic tests on harappadna confirms it that original rajputs that migrated from rajashtan to punjab have been genetically diluted due to mixing with other native punjabi tribes, and hence are no more rajasthani in their genetic makeup, you have presented their genetic results I believe many times which proves it.

harrapa followed vedic mythology... tum toh Musalman ho bhai. How can you believe in Mohenjodaro and Harappa.. lol. It's Kaffir's civilization and Haram. Na bhai naa.. be aware of Sharia.

Back
Top Bottom