What's new

Punjab says no to foreign aid

iioal malik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif said his government has decided to reject foreign aid, Geo News reported.

The CM was addressing a press conference in Lahore. He pointed out that the Punjab Cabinet has decided to break the begging bowl for the sake of national sovereignty.

Abttabad raid has violated Pakistan’s sovereignty and its time to break the shackles. The CM of the country’s largest province sought more trade w ... Full Story
Punjab says no to foreign aid - GEO.tv

That's good .... i would like to see ... such behavior from all pakistan .

Where was the Punjab Cabinet through out the last years of Ruling?? Why they don't take such action in start?? And by the way don't say that Punjab Cabinet have decided. Whole nation knows this decision is a political tactic to get nations favor in coming elections & decision was purely from Nawaz Sharif & then imposed to Punjab Cabinet. :undecided:

What did the ISI Chief have to say about the Leader of the Opposition and CIA money?

Again, all political posturing.

When will the stop thinking about themselves and votes and instead think of Pakistan?

Taking aid from countries is not good for national interest whereas aid from international financial institutions like ADB,WB,IDB etc is not bad at all.In some respects it is better because international institutions charge less interest rates than our internal banks.
So what does CM decided is not clear,

Taking aid from countries is not good for national interest whereas aid from international financial institutions like ADB,WB,IDB etc is not bad at all.In some respects it is better because international institutions charge less interest rates than our internal banks.
So what does CM decided is not clear,

The financial institution mentioned are under US influence and they open or shut the tap!!

During his recent visit to Karachi, PML-N chief Mian Nawaz Sharif was talking to media persons after visiting the Quaid’s mausoleum. He said that Pakistan must not take aid from other countries (especially the US) as after taking aid from countries, Pakistan has to follow their policies. Instead of taking aid, Pakistan must ensure that its own people pay their taxes so that no aid is needed. Mr Sharif has made a good point but may I ask him what he has done in his previous governments for increasing tax to GDP ratio. He arrived at the Quaid’s mausoleum in a BMW. How can a man who is living so lavishly (and very few people think that his money was made by honest means) tell the people of Pakistan how to survive? Furthermore there is another hundred million dollar question? The masses are already facing the music, after relinquishing the aid, what will be the solution, Do Sharif brothers are ready to bring their wealth accumulated in foreign accounts?

Interesting:azn: Mr. Nawaz sharif has no hot issue these days to cash it from his voters, the reality is that PML & PPP both are losing voters. We pakistanis are fed up with their stage shows:hitwall:

can anyone guide me how exactly Punjab Government would reject US aid ? I mean through what channels it is receiving aid that they now intend to reject?

Punjab govt was receiving US aid through USAID channel for southern Punjab after flood disaster for many projects including new hospitals, schools, infrastructures. Now it is quite amazing that after the announcement of separate province both brothers shows a tough time from now for a new province in advance:undecided: As they know well that there voters are in northern Punjab.

www.usaid.gov/pk/downloads/da/01.21.11-USAID-DCHAPakistanFloodsFactSheet9-FY2011.pdf - 2011-02-11

exactly.............................and its good for public consumption....jahil awam samjhay gi ke mian ji ne kamal ker diya...

LAHORE: Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif said his government has decided to reject foreign aid, Geo News reported.

The CM was addressing a press conference in Lahore. He pointed out that the Punjab Cabinet has decided to break the begging bowl for the sake of national sovereignty.

Abttabad raid has violated Pakistan’s sovereignty and its time to break the shackles. The CM of the country’s largest province sought more trade w ... Full Story
Punjab says no to foreign aid - GEO.tv

A good political speach indeed...........................He recently signed many contracts with China...where major funds are providing by China............

can anyone guide me how exactly Punjab Government would reject US aid ? I mean through what channels it is receiving aid that they now intend to reject?

That's what i was thinking. Foreign funds are given to federal Govt, not directly to provincial Govt even if it is meant for provinces. So how Punjab will reject it? Even if Punjab rejects it then perhaps those funds will be given to other provinces. I think that it is up to federal Govt to take such decisions, not the provincial Govts. Correct me if i am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom