What's new

Punjab says no to foreign aid

That's what i was thinking. Foreign funds are given to federal Govt, not directly to provincial Govt even if it is meant for provinces. So how Punjab will reject it? Even if Punjab rejects it then perhaps those funds will be given to other provinces. I think that it is up to federal Govt to take such decisions, not the provincial Govts. Correct me if i am wrong.

someone here told me that "USAID" provides aid directly to the flood relief efforts by the punjab government.

He pointed out that the Punjab Cabinet has decided to break the begging bowl for the sake of national sovereignty.

When the poor people of Pakistan will be dying of hunger the lunches and dinners of these criminals will be flying in from London. Not that I am aginst of the breaking of this begging bowl, but I seriously doubt the sincerity of these fat criminals whose bellies are full of lavish food upto their throats. Just deposit all the looted money in the state treasury and a lot of our problems will be solved.

Pakistan should not accept aid and charge freight on the NATO Containers to make u for the revene. That way US and Pakistan will not owe each other anything.

Pakistan should have been giving aid to others instead of receiving. I just can not figure out what went wrong with Pakistan.

Pakistan should have been giving aid to others instead of receiving. I just can not figure out what went wrong with Pakistan.

Our own army has ruined us. We are being held hostage in our own house by our Chowkidar (security guard) whom we had hired to protect us and our house.

Why do you take aid? You are the largest taker of aid in the world. Pakistan per person income is double than you. :lol:

Why dont they open their minds up a bit and view this as a small but positive step forward. Tell me has any other province or politicians in Pakistan taken even such a small step? Look at NWFP, last year a report showed it is the most corrupt province. Roti was being sold in Punjab for Rs.2 while rest of Pakistan ate it for Rs 5 a while ago.

Rapid infrastructure and road building progress is taking place in Punjab. And Punjab being the most populous, most industrialized and manufacturing hub of all provinces in Pakistan, saying NO to foreign aid is quite significant.

Kambakht na khud kuch kartay hein na karnay detay hein. Ultaa keeray nikaalnay lagg jaatay hein.

Day to day govt activities in Punjab are relatively cleaner vis a vis rest of Pakistan ( Sindh, Balochistan, KP, Kashmir etc )

Ill give an example, here in sindh, I give the govt 5 lac for a road, and i wont see that road completed for the next 3 years, ( plus that 5 lac gone ) , in Punjab, ill see that road in 6, 7 months with half commission of-course and some money bribed, but still the road will be completed, you get the picture.

Here Punjabis do take bribes but they make sure they finish the projects, which will fetch them more projects from the same people and hence more commission.

It has become our nature to place obstacles in path of someone who may be doing the right thing.

This is just a political ploy ... just a hogwash for common folks .

This no gonna happened because Punjab receive funds from Central govt. And Central govt is run by US favorites. I would say its all drama. Or Saudis has deliver some rosy dreams to Nawaz and Co.

Yes Pakistan should reject Aid & imply heavy tax on NATO/US supply trucks & different kind, for example Security tax, usage of our port tax, usage of our road tax(depend how long is the route). So than no one in the world would have to say that Pakistan is taking aid.

World most corrupt & uneducated ruler had ruin Pakistan, otherwise Pakistan was doing good under Musharraf rule.

another clarification from Punjab Govt that only grants will be denied as a foreign aid. All UsAid programmes will Continues including the AASHIANA housing scheme which is funded by foreign aid:coffee:

Aashiyana Scheme to have quota for orphans and widows: CM | Pakistan Today | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia

For God Sake plz Stop playing topi dramas with the emotions of innocent common peoples

man they are sick ganjazzz.....

Back
Top Bottom