What's new

Punjab to fund Balochistan projects

Ideal condition, federal govt should invest/help state/province govt and not one state trying to show generosity/grandiose nature towards poor state.

@ghilzai

Punjab was the 'victim' of dhaandli. Those who stole our democratic right want us to blame each other. Please think objectively. Protests were conducted in Lahore and other cities but nothing happened. If we blame each other, they win once more!

I am from fata actually, but Baluchistan is our home too as it's full of Pukhtoons.

We don't want our resources stolen under the banner of help, we have been cheated many times in the past and only a fool will think it won't happen again.

We trapped in a system designed against us that allows seats per population percentage, this will always ensure we never can take the most seats.

Someone will come along and say oh but in senate everyone has same seats, that's beside the point as government will always be formed by those who will win from Punjab and we know a punjabi will only vote his kind.

If we were dying we wouldn't want a drop of water from Punjab.

Maybe you should stop blowing up the infrastructure that is present? How about that eh?

Govt of Punjab is doing this because it has financial resources and expertise. Who would not want Quetta to look more beautiful?

But then if Balochistan was given its share based on resources it has contributed over the decades, they might ask for help with expertise, but not with money.

@ghilzai I have read your posts. You are confusing too many issues here.

1. We have a Bi-cameral parliamentary system. In Senate all the provinces have same number of seats. No legislation, including budget (most important), gets passed without Senate endorsing it. So, political power rests on equal basis in our legislature.

2. As and when wealth is generated, it is taxed and spent. This is done on both federal and provincial level. The expenditure of that tax money is decided by the respective legislative bodies (federal and provincial). You can not find a problem with that when people's representatives have agreed on sharing of those taxes.

Distribution of resources has nothing to do with individual provinces per se. It has to do with resources, generation of wealth, need to spend tax money, and humanitarian and strategic concerns.

When Earthquake shattered parts of KPK and Azad Kashmir, a lot of resources were spent for relief and rehabilitation. This was done for humanitarian reasons. One just could not say that one, or two, or three provinces should not contribute because they need to spend that money in their own territory. That would be wrong.

Population and lack of development are both included in the formula for determining provincial share of Federal tax collection. What you are talking about in case of Punjab is just plain wrong. Population is not the sole criteria. The precise formula has been agreed upon by representatives of each province. I can understand your concern since you belong to FATA. But then you have your representatives and they encash themselves quite well. Talk to them and ask them to do something appropriate for your area.

3. You do not belong to Baluchistan. You do not live in Quetta. Your opinion counts for nothing when CM of Baluchistan talks with CM of Punjab. If you lived, worked, and gave taxes in Quetta, your opinion could be considered relevant. But you have none of that. Your opinion has no relevance here.

4. Punjab is not responsible for how other provinces are managed. If people die for lack of medical facilities in Thar, Govt of Punjab is not responsible. If an avalanche creates Havoc in Gilgit, Govt of Punjab is not responsible. Punjabis can be considered responsible if they consume resources of other provinces. That is what all the provinces have done to one another. And in that Baluchistan has fared poorly.

To a nation whose leader once said , there is no difference between India and Pakistan, we are one people same people, divided by a boundary, our god is one, our food is same, our language is same our eating habits are the same.
Someone forgot about the nation, Pukhtoon and Baluch in that particular speech.

If you guys only tried to belong to the nation, if only, that's why you guys are in a mess, giving a 6 arm dude same status as Allah and forgetting half of your country who doesn't belong to that category.

I've seen those idiots alot who puts Pakistanis & Indians in the umbrella of the nonsense word called "desi". Pakistanis should unite only under the name of Pakistan & should be known as a Pakistani not some stupid nonsense foreign created word called "desi".

Well move them over, we want equal share, if population is a burden on you send them to us as long as we get our equal share.

Brother they are landlords and Jagirdars there. They have held slots of the President of Pakistan, CM Punjab and Federal and provincial ministries. Unfortunately a poor here or there meets the same fate

I think the whole population quota thing is unfair if applied to entire provinces. It should be a more flexible system based on districts and education levels. If a district has only 10% literacy.. why the hell would you allow it to contribute more than its share based on number of people?

Punjab leadership has, and continues to do so in some form or another; play on its large size.
Yet, that does not absolve the leadership of other provinces of playing whatever cards they have in terms of ethnicity or size.

In the end, the issue will ALWAYS return to the level of education and people knowing their rights. Balochistan was mistreated because its people were never allowed to be made aware of their rights from the start. Whosoever be at fault in that, is the true culprit.

What unfairness ? Its the People who vote, its the People who use-up resources, its the People who provide those resources and its the People who need to be Governed - Not a piece of land !

At any rate Equality at the Senate ensures equal legislative prerogative for all provinces and the 18th Amendment ensures that Chief Minister of a Province has exponentially more authority than the Prime Minister of the Country in dealing with the affairs of his/her own Province !

This Punjabi this & Punjabi that is nothing more than the delusional attempts of worthless wretches who find 'Punjabi Khaaa Giyaaa' a very convenient excuse to explain their own failures ad hominem.

God knows what a Punjabi has to do with corruption, nepotism and general signs of decaying misgovernance in the rest of the Provinces when the Chief Ministers of those same Provinces have had the better part of a decade to do something about without the Federal Government having any say in that !

And we keep on forgetting - It wasn't as if every Portfolio was controlled by Islamabad even before that; every CM of Baluchistan so far has been an ethnic Baluch - What have they done for their Province ? These Bughti & Mengal Sardars earn millions of their own personal estates but they can't be bothered with opening a sorry excuse for a college in their areas and its my fault ?

What about the Baloch people found riddled or mutilated?
Its a very grey game which you are trying to define in contrast.

However much of those bullet riddled bodies are because of Intelligence Agencies, a general state of lawlessness where everyone from a petty bandit to an influential Sardar gets this grudges settled and the work of the Separatists themselves against Pro-Pakistan Baluch, is still up for debate !

At any rate there would be a contrast if for all the Punjabi Settlers singled out and killed in Baluchistan for being Punjabis, the Baluch in Punjab (who are many) were dropping dead all over the Province !

But not a single Baluch has been roughed up for being a Baluch in Punjab let alone physically harmed, I can't imagine what contrast could there be !

Don't forget Azad Kashmir and the Northern Areas. This shaytaan sold us out years ago. As did his kusra league (what it should be called).

I think the people of AJK and the Northern Areas still live and breathe as free men and women - Who sold out whom & where did the selling happen ?

Last edited:
What unfairness ? Its the People who vote, its the People who use-up resources, its the People who provide those resources and its the People who need to be Governed - Not a piece of land !

At any rate Equality at the Senate ensures equal legislative prerogative for all provinces and the 18th Amendment ensures that Chief Minister of a Province has exponentially more authority than the Prime Minister of the Country in dealing with the affairs of his/her own Province !

This Punjabi this & Punjabi that is nothing more than the delusional attempts of worthless wretches who find 'Punjabi Khaaa Giyaaa' a very convenient excuse to explain their own failures ad hominem.

God knows what a Punjabi has to do with corruption, nepotism and general signs of decaying misgovernance in the rest of the Provinces when the Chief Ministers of those same Provinces have had the better part of a decade to do something about without the Federal Government having any say in that !

And we keep on forgetting - It wasn't as if every Portfolio was controlled by Islamabad even before that; every CM of Baluchistan so far has been an ethnic Baluch - What have they done for their Province ? These Bughti & Mengal Sardars earn millions of their own personal estates but they can't be bothered with opening a sorry excuse for a college in their areas and its my fault ?

However much of those bullet riddled bodies are because of Intelligence Agencies, a general state of lawlessness where everyone from a petty bandit to an influential Sardar gets this grudges settled and the work of the Separatists themselves against Pro-Pakistan Baluch, is still up for debate !

At any rate there would be a contrast if for all the Punjabi Settlers singled out and killed in Baluchistan for being Punjabis, the Baluch in Punjab (who are many) were dropping dead all over the Province !

But not a single Baluch has been roughed up for being a Baluch in Punjab let alone physically harmed, I can't imagine what contrast could there be !

I think the people of AJK and the Northern Areas still live and breathe as free men and women - Who sold out whom & where did the selling happen ?

You are focusing on the results, and not the cause. The cause for the disparity has been lack of attention and education. Balochistan was already a desolate place before Pakistan came into being; nothing in the way of infrastructure bar a few road links, many areas undiscovered by the very nation it forms a part of. However, the attitude towards the province has also been similar to FATA. Leaving alone the system to fend for itself and only consuming the resources of the Province.

You can write about Punjabis being killed on a day in day out basis in Balochistan, but they are only paying the price for the fault of the leadership of the establishment which has been identified(correctly or incorrectly) as predominantly Punjabi. You can blame the Baloch leadership for identifying all that is wrong with them to Punjab, but you cannot put up an innocence on part of Punjab that it was just dragged into this out of nowhere. The sentiments against the larger ethnicity ring not only in Balochistan, but in Sindh and to an extent in KPK as well. There is definitely some accountability that falls on the leadership of the most populous province to find out why even with a supposedly equal federal government.. there is little development undertaken outside of their province and as to why despite good intention , the rest of Pakistan holds suspicion about their intent.

One could hypothesize that only leadership in Punjab is sincere with its constituency, but that then belies development in Karachi.. or development in KPK. As I said before, you are trying to find contrast in a very grey area, and Ill echo exactly what I have said before(and apparently Hassan Nisar also harps this tune).. we are NOT a nation.. we are just a bunch of nations who are not really fond of each other that have been forced together into one unit. Sure the same happened in India, but they made efforts to quash the more powerful nationalistic(and vested voices) right after partition. Additionally, India has no single ethnicity that really outnumbers the rest by such a margin that the others cant do anything about it. When that has happened, there have been disturbances in India as well. Out here the situation is simple. The Quota system has put one ethnicity in a majority of power, which has led to the other ethnicities not tolerating their presence. Add to this that most leadership in provinces is ethnically motivated or identifies itself in that manner.. and you have a perpetual problem.

1- You don't like Nawaz Shahrief its fine but it is reality that all Baloch and Pakhtoon nationalist leader trust him weather you like it or not
2- as a Punjabi I protest, is Musharraf punjabi who (some people think) killed Akbar Bugti, was Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Punjabi, was Ayub Khan Punjabi

I am from fata actually, but Baluchistan is our home too as it's full of Pukhtoons.

We don't want our resources stolen under the banner of help, we have been cheated many times in the past and only a fool will think it won't happen again.

We trapped in a system designed against us that allows seats per population percentage, this will always ensure we never can take the most seats.

Someone will come along and say oh but in senate everyone has same seats, that's beside the point as government will always be formed by those who will win from Punjab and we know a punjabi will only vote his kind.

If we were dying we wouldn't want a drop of water from Punjab.

Please explain and expand on the concept of " Our Resources "

exactly what constitutes any one's resources .... and how does the ownership follow.

Educate everyone.

I've seen those idiots alot who puts Pakistanis & Indians in the umbrella of the nonsense word called "desi". Pakistanis should unite only under the name of Pakistan & should be known as a Pakistani not some stupid nonsense foreign created word called "desi".
I guess Pakistanis are called "Pakis".....

I am I wish the rest of them for once were Pakistanis first, where was pakistan first when dhandli happened, where was pakistan first when we cheated our own people out of their resources?.

Where was pakistan first when Punjab government said jaag punjab jaag, where was pakistan first when they said punjabi wheat for Punjab?.

They said jaag punjabi jaag once n nobody gave a damn .. Our nationalist parties say such nonsense every day .. I've lived in Punjab for many years .. Yet I haven't felt like a stranger .. The only thing I miss are the mountains ..:)

I think it's a good start .. Although late... But a good step .. Let burry he hatchet.. Or should we remain miserable forever?

I guess Pakistanis are called "Pakis".....

The only desi we know is desi ghee .. It's more associated with Indians n tht too probably recently???

I didn't bash no province I just highlighted they robbed us of election, we don't need their help, how is that ethnic or provincial bashing?.

Do you deny that they rigged the votes, do you deny the seats per population is designed against other groups?.

No don't tell me about senate, we are talking about National Assembly.
Oh stop being melodramatic. It's a worldwide democratic law and rule that where majority lies, power lies. Even in the USA the electoral votes which determine the presidential election are based on a certain total number, 272. States which are bigger have a higher number of electoral votes, 55 for California and 3 for Wyoming and other smaller states.

By your definition then, smaller states should revolt and want the same equal cut from the federal govt. But they don't. They get their budget allotment based on their size and population.

And FYI, Baloch form the govt in that province despite having been lost. Pmln stepped aside after their substantial win in blochistan.

Back
Top Bottom